Celebrating Weight Loss When You're Still Over 300 lbs?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Ignore what other people think. This is about you getting healthier. Every pound lost puts you closer to being healthy so celebrate all you want. If anyone has a problem with it, tell them to go screw off.

Weight loss is a long hard road, and celebrating every milestone goes a long way towards keeping you going. Remembering how far you've come when the going gets really tough (the inevitable plateau) will be even more important later on.
  • Seabring17
    Seabring17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You have every right to be proud of yourself! You are working hard and have dropped from 356 to 319 - that is awesome! Never discount the work you have done, just keep it going!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    37lbs is an incredible loss and you absolutely SHOULD be bragging about it.
    SO MANY people of all weights don't have the motivation to lose, and you are doing it. You are taking steps to a better you, and that is SO WORTH bragging about.

Don't feel down on yourself. :) You are an inspiration. Keep going, and celebrate every mini goal and every lb lost.
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm over 300lbs and have lost 7lbs since starting this...I celebrate every single pound lost. It doesnt matter how many you've lost so far or how much more you've got to lose, a loss is an achievement and should be celebrated.
  • lessoff
    Options
    losing any weight is tough, it doesnt matter if you are 400lbs or 150 lbs. so i say celebrate all day long.
    and congrats on the loss. :) keep up the good work.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    DO NOT FEEL BAD!!! You deserve to rejoice over every little bit of progress you make, same as the rest of us. So you're not at your goal weight yet; you are definitely headed in the right direction. You've already lost a mere 2 pounds less than my entire goal. I find you impressive and I rejoice for you. BE EXCITED now and continue to be for every step forward you take in this journey. It's a big deal! There are many people who won't even make the effort. You have lots to be proud of.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    SMACK! (In the nicest way.) You should definitely celebrate. Even if you don't want to celebrate the number, celebrate all of your hard work and changes you've made to improve your health. Losing 37 pounds is not easy. I think we should all celebrate every step of the way. Keep up the great work. What you're doing for yourself is wonderful and you deserve to feel proud :)
  • expoduck
    Options
    I celebrate every loss. If I didn't, I think I'd have stopped by now. :)

BTW - I'm still over 300.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am over 400 lbs and I think that every pound you loose, every day you are going through your path even if you struggle is reason to celebrate because you stick to it, you are doing something to change your life. That alone is reason for daily parties imho. Even if you are having a hard phase where you might gain a pound or so, as long as you are still on it determined to change your life further, celebrate :)
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling very strange and down today.

I'm still losing a couple pounds every week, my measurements have come down, and I can wear smaller clothes now. I was riding a high of posting some comparison pictures and talking about it in my blog. I felt awesome.

Suddenly, today, I woke up with this feeling of, "Are you seriously bragging about weighing 319 pounds?" and crashed down.

Don't get me wrong. I'm extremely proud of my loss. The amount I've lost is definitely something to celebrate. It's the *weight* I'm celebrating that bothers me. I realize 319 is better than 356, but it's still over 300 pounds, it's still "morbidly obese", and it's still a competely undesirable weight for 99% of the population.

So now I feel kind of stupid, dancing around and proclaiming to the world that I'm 319 pounds.

Does anyone else feel this way sometimes? If I saw a friend celebrating a weight loss, I'd feel happy for them *regardless* of what they weigh (a loss is a loss), but now I'm feeling sort of self-conscious about celebrating since I'm still so heavy.

Someone smack some sense into me. Please. :)

That's one of the great things about this website. We actually DO think it's awesome that you've lost over 30 pounds!!! You have every right to be proud and we're all proud of you.
  • michwinger
    michwinger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel stupid when I think that I am looking pretty good and have achieved some good results when I am still class III obese and much heavier than almost anyone I know.

But that's not going to stop me from celebrating the little wins every week. Because the weeks add up. I am 280-283 right now, which is still linebacker size. Eventually, though, I will be 250...then 200...then 165. And I am going to celebrate every damn step of the way. Haters gonna hate after all...! ;-)
    This
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. :flowerforyou:

I had a good night's sleep last night and feel a lot better. So now I'll do the happy dance. :drinker:
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I actually am glad I stumbled upon this thread.. because I really needed to hear this.
    Celebrate each loss! a loss is a loss, and we're all bettering ourselves and making changes for the better. We're making the choice to be healthier :)
  • HeatherSLosinIt
    HeatherSLosinIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Do NOT let yourself go down that road. I was dancing around after I saw I lost 6 pounds, and you know what? Yeah, there were one or two people who laughed, but pretty much everyone else got into it and danced right along with me. It's not how far you still have to go, or how little it seems in the scope of things, it's the fact that YOU LOST WEIGHT!!! You are healthier, probably happier, and way more motivated than ever before to keep going. I am VERY proud of you and your success! I know maybe that doesn't mean much from a stranger, but it's the truth :)

Add me and we can work on the journey together!
  • Brandiberry77
    Brandiberry77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    SMACK!! Go pick up 37lbs and start walking around with it. Try and keep it up for an hour and you will see that what you have accomplished is worth it.

I feel like you when I get unfocused and only think of weightloss and how I think I look. I have to train my mind and attitude as much if not more my body. Refocus, reevaluate. Get your mind back in track. Your body and scale are the reward. If it helps take pics. I don't do this because I am so self conscious but it would help greatly to see the actual this was me then and this is me now.

GL!