Anyone eat only the lean meats?

124»

Replies

• AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    my trainer told me that there's nothing wrong with eating red meat.. as long as it's not farm grown
    Your trainer says to only eat red meat that is grown where, in a lab?

Probably meant not to eat feed lot beef but organic or grass fed...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Enjoy your lean meats!

Personally, I will never cut pork and steak out of my diet. Live and let live! :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    Top round is pretty much the leanest steak you can buy, I enjoy it.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

I use it to make beef with broccoli, though I am still struggling with making the sauce taste like it does at the restaurant. :sad:
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    I eat lean meats most of the time but lately i have been craving thick slabs of medium rare red meat! I want it sooooooo bad it's crazy. Great source of protein.
  • WendyTerry420
    turkey's not hugely eaten in australia (except at christmas)! But we are HUGE lamb eaters so it evens out.

I live on chicken and fish and occasional bacon. My doctors suggested I try and up my red meat intake (iron deficient, like everyone ever) but I just can't. Someone puts a steak in front of me and I gag.

You might want to try venison. It blows beef's iron levels out of the water, is extremely lean, and has a different taste than beef.

OMG@ venison!

I wish I could eat more of it. So tender! Yum!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    I don't always eat meats, but when I do, I prefer all of them.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    I eat mostly venison and lamb. The venison because my dad hunts and gives us 1-2 each year and lamb because we raise our own and they are mostly grass fed and antibiotic free. Plus since we process the lamb at home, we are able to cut off quite a bit of the fat and only grind lean meat and keep the chops, legs, etc. I eat fish too that we catch from the lake at my grandparents house. So, we rarely buy meat at the grocery store unless it's on sale. We raise chickens too, but mostly for eggs; although we do butcher them sometimes too. So, basically, I eat the most convenient and less expensive meat I have available to me. So, it's not that I wouldn't eat beef or pork (and do every once in awhile), I just don't feel the need to get it.