Do you care about your birthday?

Options

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I countdown about 2 months before, wear a birthday crown, a sash and pin.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Yes. You all got 8 days to think of ways to make it special.

I can immediately think of 8 different ways of making it special, Jac.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    besides the totally cheesy reason that i feel blessed to celebrate a new year....i am TOTALLY a birthday *kitten*. i have a 1 month countdown and everything. haha :)

MAY 18TH PEOPLE.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Yes my birthday is a big deal every year.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Of course I care about my birthday! And I celebrate it for a week!
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I love my birthday!! It is a special day, why would one not care?

*insert arguments here*

EVERY day is special!!

:tongue:

Indeed it is, but that day is especailly special.

Do you care about your birthday?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    besides the totally cheesy reason that i feel blessed to celebrate a new year....i am TOTALLY a birthday *kitten*. i have a 1 month countdown and everything. haha :)

MAY 18TH PEOPLE.

I am not kidding. We are freaking kindred spirits. Only you've figured your *kitten* out and I'm still working on it.

May 19th :)
  • Ms_Steel
    Options
    Do you make a deal out of your birthMONTH or not?

fixed it.
    and yes.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Let's assume you're all grown up and not about to turn 21...

Do you make a deal out of your birthday or not? And why?

absolutely...it's a night that I usually have a decent chance of scoring...
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Side note: I feel really bad for people who have birthdays that either fall on major holidays like Christmas or on really awful days like September 11th. It's hard to be all "Yeahh!!! Let's celebrate!! Happy hour time!!" on 9/11...

My boyfriend's brother's bday is on Halloween and I'm SO jealous. I would be so excited about getting to have a costume party every year for my birthday! But he totally wastes his cool birthday, and never even dresses up or anything. What a waste.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    No I dont, its just another day when hypocrite ppl show you how ´much´ they care about you, when they forget you the rest of the year. I dont like to get gifts either, I also feel it hypocrite, if you really feel like giving me one (not because the rest of the world tell you that you HAVE to give one) , well then, you have other 364 days a year to do it. Just not on my bday (nor xmas or valentines day lol, yes im a grinch so what!!)
    I deleted my bday of my fb, blocked ppl from posting in my wall.. and my bday is a few days away, so the ppl that really care about me will remember and send me a message. (not that I like that idea anyway.. but oh well, better than fake happy birthdays all around my wall!).
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    *kitten* yes, I care. And I want everyone else to care too. I want to celebrate, and I want my friends and family to celebrate with me.

I was not impressed when my brother's wife gave birth on my birthday. I love my niece to bits, but I will internally pout forever more because I don't get my own birthday cake anymore. I'm 32. She's 4. That adorable little wotsit will be winning the birthday every year until I turn 40. :grumble: :sad:
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    My birthday has always fallen around Spring Break so it's always seemed like a holiday of sorts to me. I've had my birthday in awesome places like Disneyland and Hawaii and have taken advantage of birthday deals to do fun things with my own kids during spring break.

I'm not a diva about it expecting parties or gifts, but I like an acknowledgement. Just to know that people care that I'm here.
  • Nitabug36
    Options
    At one point I did, but know I'm just happy to see another one!!!!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I loathe my birthday.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I haven't cared about my birthday since I turned 21 (11+ years ago). Do I want ppl to say happy birthday and maybe have my favorite dinner and a cupcake? Sure! But I don't need to countdown to my friends and everyone in my family or make a list of things I want or expect everyone in the world to stop and homage to my AWESOMENESS because I was cut from my poor mothers womb once upon a time...I have family/friends who do all of these annoying things and they're probably the reason birthdays are just another day to me.

I AM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DAMNIT...Look at me!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Let's assume you're all grown up and not about to turn 21...

Do you make a deal out of your birthday or not? And why?

absolutely...it's a night that I usually have a decent chance of scoring...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYMxOzxKYYo
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My birthday is two days away....and I've been celebrating all week. After all, I am a Princess. :D
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    My birthday is the most important day of the year, followed at a close second by my half birthday.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yes....it is my day and I usually do a countdown to it!! My friends and family think I'm silly...but I'm me! And this year I turn "50", so it is a special birthday and will celebrated in style in the beautiful state of Hawaii!!