Do you care about your birthday?

Options

Replies

• onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No. I don't. Because I don't like the attention.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Presents..um...yes?!
  • rhonniema
    Options
    Yes, because I'm awesome & that in turn makes that day awesome.
    I definitely celebrate for a week!
  • HollywoodDJ
    Options
    YES...I DOOOOOOoooooo care about my birthday and I have deleted friends who DON'T care about my birthday. I don't expect a frikkin parade or anything but I do want people to at least acknowledge my birthday. It hurts when your friends and family don't acknowledge special days in your life ...I also think it's RUDE and just downright spiteful and mean...(Unless you're Jehovah's Witnesses or something)

I grew up with a mom who made birthdays and holidays a bid deal....they were memories worth living for and putting effort into. If you love someone you SHOW them you appreciate them on their special days like their birthdays!

Personal Opinion...that's all! just sayin!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    No, but I do like judging my family members for forgetting it. lol.
  • JLand918
    Options
    I used to when I was younger being it seemed important to others but once your over 18 no one gives a *kitten* about you anymore. I will be turning 35 in 4 days and I still get stuff usually $$ but it is said when my own family gives me almost nothing but my MIL gives me almost $100! I may not be a child so theory is I shouldnt want anything but I do, there are many things I need to get, keyword-NEED.. Oh the biggest reason I hated my Birthday growing up was the stupid a** singing people at any food establishment its emberassing to everyone in the whole place. I got to an age where I told my mom "If I even sense that they are going to come sing to me and give me some stupid hat to where etc, I will get up and walk out" Had to vent about that I still get a bit grrrrr just thinking of it.
  • jeanzbeanz
    Options
    My birthday is two days away....and I've been celebrating all week. After all, I am a Princess. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! (for Sunday).

:drinker:

Thank you :) I'll be 51 years old and I've earned every year dammit!!!! You better believe I'm celebrating! :)

Here here - earned every year! Turning 47 tomorrow (15th) ! *place hand on screen* Internet high five!! Happy Birthday!
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    YES...I DOOOOOOoooooo care about my birthday and I have deleted friends who DON'T care about my birthday. I don't expect a frikkin parade or anything but I do want people to at least acknowledge my birthday. It hurts when your friends and family don't acknowledge special days in your life ...I also think it's RUDE and just downright spiteful and mean...(Unless you're Jehovah's Witnesses or something)

I grew up with a mom who made birthdays and holidays a bid deal....they were memories worth living for and putting effort into. If you love someone you SHOW them you appreciate them on their special days like their birthdays!

Personal Opinion...that's all! just sayin!

Hell yeah, I Totally agree!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Not really.

Well, this year I will be turning 21. And I still don't really care much. It's whatever.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yes. I let New Year's Eve be the day I can reflect on the past year and count all the ways I have horribly failed to follow through on every expectation I had for my life.

But my birthday is for warm fuzzy feelings of being special.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I have to care because it is Dec 22 and people forget because of christmas. My husband has told me we should celebrate in July when nothing else is going on. this year I may not get one if you believe in the Mian calender and the end of the world. Dec 21 2012
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate my birthday, but my friends do. Every year they throw a party. This year is a little different since I am turning 30, but I think after that, I am done.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Not so much care about it. But this year is going to be fun, my daughter and some friends and I are all going to have a long weekend in Vegas. Yeah Baby, Vegas!!! It will be fun.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like my birthday being acknowledged.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's just another day.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Not usually....it's just another day. I don't get to stop being a wife and mother. Plus it's 2 days after my son's and lands either on or right around Father's Day, so both of those usually take priority.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have to care because it is Dec 22 and people forget because of christmas. My husband has told me we should celebrate in July when nothing else is going on. this year I may not get one if you believe in the Mian calender and the end of the world. Dec 21 2012

Same here. Except its Dec 30th so i always get a Happy Birthday/ Merry Christmas present. SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Most of the world cares about my birthday. I get trees put up in lots of homes, pretty lights. Some towns even have parades in honor of it. Little kids count the days until the morning of my birthday. Radio stations play special music for me. But me, I don't really care one way or another. Just another day closer to the inevitability of death.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Yup, birthdays are super important to me.

Mine, and the other people's in my life.

ETA - I am also considering a 1/2 way to birthday, birthday.. haha
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

I do this for my kids. Their birthdays are THEIR special days and I try to do everything I can to make it as special as possible! I kind of go all out on their parties...