Do you care about your birthday?

Options

Replies

• scuddy58
    Options
    I do care about my birthday I just wish it were in June instead of December. That close after Thanksgiving and even closer to Christmas makes for a crappy birthday. My husband on the other hand has always made it a point to make sure that my birthday is special. He's the best!!:smile:
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I really cared about birthdays until last year when I was told by a coworker my birthday wasn't important because I wasn't turning 50 (like my boss was 2 days after mine). :noway:

Usually it is pretty mellow and dinner with the family, cake etc. and I usually end up sharing it with my mom anyway (we are 2 days apart)
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I used to not care... but now if friends make an effort for me, I appreciate it. The day itself doesn't matter, it's the people.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I haven't cared about my birthday since I turned 21 (11+ years ago). Do I want ppl to say happy birthday and maybe have my favorite dinner and a cupcake? Sure! But I don't need to countdown to my friends and everyone in my family or make a list of things I want or expect everyone in the world to stop and homage to my AWESOMENESS because I was cut from my poor mothers womb once upon a time...I have family/friends who do all of these annoying things and they're probably the reason birthdays are just another day to me.

I AM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DAMNIT...Look at me!!!

<3 you! You are a special snowflake love!

I cared about mine until I got to be 25. And then all of a sudden the years started flying by! Next one coming is 35 and honestly, I don't care for getting older.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Side note: I feel really bad for people who have birthdays that either fall on major holidays like Christmas or on really awful days like September 11th. It's hard to be all "Yeahh!!! Let's celebrate!! Happy hour time!!" on 9/11...

My boyfriend's brother's bday is on Halloween and I'm SO jealous. I would be so excited about getting to have a costume party every year for my birthday! But he totally wastes his cool birthday, and never even dresses up or anything. What a waste.

My birthday is the week before Halloween. Oh yes. There is a costume party coming. Oh yes. I am dressing up as Rainbow EFFING Brite.

I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My birthday is two days away....and I've been celebrating all week. After all, I am a Princess. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! (for Sunday).

:drinker:

Thank you :) I'll be 51 years old and I've earned every year dammit!!!! You better believe I'm celebrating! :)
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I make a HUGE deal out of other people's birthdays - I always bake something, coordinate group presents, plan evenings out at bars. It's one day out of the year where your friends and family can set aside everything else and celebrate how much they enjoy having you in their lives, so I think it's a big deal. I never make a big deal out of my own birthday....but I sit there and secretly hope someone else will. The year my boyfriend attempted to throw me a surprise party was the best - I totally knew what was going on, but he was trying so hard to make it really special for me.
  • nuffexercise2012
    Options
    Yes. You all got 8 days to think of ways to make it special.

It willbe very special indeed:blushing:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i don't care about it, but my wife loves birthdays and always makes a big deal.
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    No I am at that age that I don't care anymore about my birthday. I don't celebrate it and the last years I used to forget my birthday. :ohwell:
  • rhvandan
    Options
    My birthdays used to be a big deal to me. My birthday is December 18th, smack dab between Hanukah and Christmas.. My hubby is a piss poor planner (he knows this) and never has done anything special. I'm hoping he'll come around though, especially since I just threw him a HuGE surprise party for his 40th. Sigh.. A gal can dream, right?
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    nope, not at all....at least that's what I pretend to feel since nobody else ever cares...

i care robin....i care
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I do care about my birthday I just wish it were in June instead of December. That close after Thanksgiving and even closer to Christmas makes for a crappy birthday. My husband on the other hand has always made it a point to make sure that my birthday is special. He's the best!!:smile:

I feel you girl, those combination birthday/Christmas presents are bullsh!t, but so nice having somebody special who makes it a point to give you your special day! My poor boyfriend, he's got my son, me, and Christmas all with in a 26 day window. His bank account never stands a chance.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Well heck yeah I do! We celebrate by birthday through the entire month of July, it's the BIRTHDAYPALOOZA!!! Which includes several birthday outings, dinners, parties, and even the occasional trip. I have the greatest friends in the world because the indulge me in my birthday silliness.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I went to Catholic school all the way until high school, and my bday falls on St. Nicholas Day. Well, the tradition for that day is to set your shoes outside your front door the night before, and when you go get them in the morning St. Nicholas will have wrapped up treats (cookies, candy) and left them in your shoes. So every year, on the 6th, in our classrooms at school we'd all put our shoes outside before class, and then when it was time to go to a different class or whatever we'd find our shoes in the hallway with candy and cookies wrapped up and put inside.

WAIT an minute! I went to catholic school and we never had this!........Hmpf I feel cheated now:grumble:

My birthday is a big deal to me, I will not work on my birthday and always book a day off if it falls during the week.
    I also want cake and I don't cook on that day. That's it for requirements.
    Not much for big parties,gifts are ok
    Mine falls in May pretty balanced between all the holidays. I would hate to have a birthday near christmas. My dad got combo cards Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year/birthday..... not fun
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Mine was yesterday and I didn't make a big deal. I think after 21, it's not a big deal anymore. I didn't do anything special to deserve special treatment... my mom spent 36 hours pushing me out, SHE should be rewarded LOL!
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Turned 52 last Friday, I love my birthday....it makes me feel good when a friend, family/loved one remembers and does a little something nice for me :flowerforyou:
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I used to not care... but now if friends make an effort for me, I appreciate it. The day itself doesn't matter, it's the people.

THIS^

Oh and I love to help my friends and family celebrate their birthdays.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    No, I don't usually care. Just another day and I don't have anyone to celebrate with except my child. BUT this year I turn 40 and will be on a Disney cruise (not my idea) with my mom and daughter, so YES I'm excited in the extreme for this one!
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My birthday is on Valentine's Day, so it really annoys me when no one acknowledges that it is my birthday. It feels so less special because lots of other females are getting presents on MY birthday! :) My boyfriend thinks birthdays are stupid and arbitrary measurements of time, so that can be a bit frustrating.