My 2010 challenge : 52 times 7/7

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has some great walking DVDs. I also like Denise Austin's walking DVD. They are all easy to keep low impact and involve marching in place, side steps, kicks, etc. Collagevideo.com is a good resource with descriptions. Amazon.com had some leslie's videos 50% off last week. Good luck.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    3/7 today everyone, with a total body StretchX 60 minute dvd, and hubby just told me he'd like to do an Ab workout later, so I'll do extra Ab anytime! (my worst trouble spot!):laugh: 1 pound loss this week, it's small...but it's gone for good!
  • nmessnick
    nmessnick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a very reasonable plan. I'm going to join your 2010 challenge. So far I am 7/10 since the Jan 1.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has some great walking DVDs. I also like Denise Austin's walking DVD. They are all easy to keep low impact and involve marching in place, side steps, kicks, etc. Collagevideo.com is a good resource with descriptions. Amazon.com had some leslie's videos 50% off last week. Good luck.

Thank again for sharing, i'm going to check the website out.
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All -

Haven't had access to a computer for the last few days but - I worked out on Friday morning - 40 minutes of running (quarter mile sprints) broken up by various calisthenics (Pull-ups, burpees, push ups, shoulder presses) with a 15 lb weight vest on. Not sure how many calories that burned but it kicked my *kitten*.

Saturday morning I took it easy - 45 min on the elliptical - no weights because me whole body was hurting from the day before.

So I am 7/7 for last week. Today I am headed on a 4.5 mile run and then some weight lifting tonight.

Nice job everyone - week 1 down - 51 to go!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm reporting in for 3/7. I just got back from the gym and did 1 hour of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I'm happy to say that I'm seeing a 2 pound loss for last week.

Have a good day all!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    It is 10 for 10 in 2010! For the week though I am 3/7! It was to be my rest day but I jogged pulling my 3 yr old grandson on the sled for a burn of 330 cals!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Saxoldies spent 14 minutes on the rowing-cycling machine and 20 on the treadmill. I did 20 minutes of cardio workout and I was in my stairs for today. He is at 2/3 and I am at 3/3.

Will4change, Nmessnick, welcome to our group. We started the challenge on Friday, January 1st. Our weeks go from Fridays to Thursdays. Could you let me know your score out of 7 for week 1 and which days you did a workout for week 2. That will permit me to add your score on the table.

I have updated the table and the scores since Casi has her point for the 1st week. I will wait for Wiil4change's and Nmessnick's data to post it again. I probably should wait a little more before posting it from now on.

Have a good evening!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm reporting in for 3/7. I just got back from the gym and did 1 hour of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I'm happy to say that I'm seeing a 2 pound loss for last week.

Have a good day all!

Almomay...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: 2 Pounds, that is terrific!! Great Job!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hi all,

Have a good day all!

CONGRATULATIONS on your 2 lb loss, you are now 2 lbs closer to your goal weight. I see you have been rockin it out at the gym, keep up the great work.
  • Casi23
    Options
    Went for a 45 minute run....think I covered almost 5 miles...then did a full-body weight lifting session for 35 minutes...

Am sure feeling it now. Was gonna hit the elliptical for another 20 minutes tonight but my body is achin' . Tomorrow is going to be a light day...does Yoga/Pilates and stretching count? I know those aren't high-burning exercises but I wasn't sure what the rules were.

Hope everyone had a good Sunday!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    You are talking to an ex gymnast who use to love to do ballet dancing. Can't do it no more, but still love it. Stretching is as important as body building in my book. Stretch away Casy, it will give you strong and lean muscles. That is what my Classical Stretch DVDs are all about. You have completed 3/7 :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    3/7 Did Taebo basic and 1.5 miles with leslie sansone.

Chocolickkyss, I love the Leslie videos they are great low impact. Also Suhaila Salimpour's Belly Dance fitness is great I checked that out from the library.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am 2/7. Today I did 30 day shred and 10 minute of core workout with a medicine ball.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

I reached my goal for last week! I lost the awful 6!! Actually, I lost 2.1 pounds!!! I am at 159.4!! 3 more pounds and I am back to my lowest weight before Christmas and 4 before I reach my monthly goal. I would like to be at 155 by then.

Saxoldies is at 203 this morning. He is at his all time high. If he keeps up the exercises, he will go down soon and slowly loss his tummy... Yeah!!!!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the support.

Missou great job on the weight loss as well.

For today I got my 4/7 from the gym by doing 35 minutes in the treadmill and 10 minutes on the elliptical. I would have done more, but was running late.

Here's to us!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    4/7 for me today with a 60 min interval training dvd (the firm vol3) and an additional 3.5 miles on the elliptical. I'm starving now! Off to get my recovery drink.
    Good job Missou and tell your Hubby, way to stick with it!

Keep posting everyone, it keeps me motivated!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I'm right behind everyone else with 4/7 workouts completed this week. I did 50 minutes of Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones" dvd. Tomorrow I plan to head to the gym for the first time in a couple of weeks. I'm soooo looking forward to it b/c my plan is to get a good workout in and then relax 15 minutes in the sauna and top it off w/a nice protein shake. I hope it goes according to plan b/c i'm really looking forward to the sauna and protein shake.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    4/4 for me too! I went on the Ab King Pro at the new level. I didn't too as much since I am adapting to it still. I also spent 30 minutes on the bicycle and did 5 miles. I could have done a greater distance I am sure, but I was talking with my daughter for about 15 minutes. Time flew by, it was nice. A nice conversation while doing my exercise, how could ask for anything more?

Nice going everyone, we are good, we are beautifull and we can do it!!!
  • Casi23
    Options
    Did a 45 minutes spinning class today at lunch! Going to do Jillian's 30 Day Shred tonight while my salmon is baking. :flowerforyou:

So that gives me 45 minutes of cardio and another 20 of strength training. Does that make me 4/4? When do our weeks start again?

Nice job on the weight loss Missou! I'm hopin' to be there soon!