My 2010 challenge : 52 times 7/7

Options
Since I started working out last March, I never exercised 7 days a week. I beleive it is important to exercise in some way everyday. Some days should be intense and others should be light, but exercising everyday is a must!!

So starting on January 1st 2010, I want to start my new challenge. It may look like a big one, but it is a lifestyle change!!!

If you want to join me, let's get ready!!!

Replies

• doit4me
    doit4me Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    HHmmmm I like this!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to join me!!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Well, today I was 20 minutes on the bicycle and that is good enough for a light day. I can't wait to start!!!
  • jenni3626
    jenni3626 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the goal? Some kind of exercise every day? Does it have to be a certain length of time or intensity. I would like to join in, but just wanted to understand what I am shooting for here.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a very sensible challenge and I will be joining you......
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Jenni, the intensity of your daily exercise is what you choose it to be. My challenge is to do some workout every day. One day, I could workout intensivly for 2 hours and the next day take an energetic walk for 30 minutes. The important thing is that one has to do a workout everyday, even on the weekends. Actually, it is the best time to go hiking with your significant other :love: Wether it is your dog, your friend or your partner in life.

Are you up to it?
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Since the challenge is starting on a Friday, every Friday, the people who will have sucessfully completed their 7/7 will have a point and I will post the pointage table. The ultimate goal is to finish the year with a 52.

So far, here are the ones who have shown some interest:

Missou
    Doit4me
    Jenni3626
    Fitterpam

I'll try to convince my husband to join us, it will be good for him!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Just happen to of seen this Missou...I must of missed it this week! I'm in!:bigsmile:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Great!!!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Our new list

Missou
    Doit4me
    Jenni3626
    Fitterpam
    Makeitallsue
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    It is the beginning of the year and the beginning of my new challenge!!

I know I can do it if I put my mind to it!!!

Let's go everyone!! We can do it!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    finished day 1 and it feels great! 1/7, 40 minutes on the elliptical. (Even with the grandkids here:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: ) Hope you all are doing great!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Hey Missou - I'm here too. I don't know that I will get all 52 weeks but I'll try. Today I am 1/7 since I did 31 min on the treadmill and plan to do a DVD later this afternoon.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I'm with you too!! A friend is here today and we did our work out together. I did my Ab King Pro, 1000 steps in my stairs and 1h20 of cardio on my different machines. 1/7 for me too!!! I did my stretching afterwards. I hope I'll feel good tomorrow. I had a cheese fondue yesterday and it shows on the scale :wink:

Let's go, we can do it!!!!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow - this is a pretty intense challenge...it seems like sucha big goal...Alrite - I'll give it a shot. I've always followed the method of thought that you need one or two rest days every week. But I guess with just some light cardio or weight work...it wouldn't hurt.

It is a big goal...but here goes nuthin'
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Excellent challenge!

I am in too!, today I did 30 minutes of walking with my daughter.
  • greeneyediva
    greeneyediva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in! I have already been planning to challenge myself everyday this year. I am motivated, but need help with accountability.
    I went for a walk around the park today with my daughter so I am 1/7.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    when you say 52 times, 7/7...it doesn't seem so bad! i am in!!!!
  • tom5avenue
    Options
    I'm in too!! :) That is one of my resolutions for 2010. So far today, I did 40 minutes of cardio at high intensity and now I'm playing some wii fit.. maybe I'll do more cardio before going to bed!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Good morning gang!!!

I just finished building the 52 7/7 table. Everyday you do your workout, I will put an X under your name. Loathesome and Casi23, I need to know if you did your workout yesterday... Can I put an X under your name on January 1st?

I will post the 7/7 results every Friday to help us in our journey.

Let's go everyone!!! We can do it!!!