My 2010 challenge : 52 times 7/7

Options

Replies

• Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

I recently came across this thread and was interested in learning more about the rules and what qualifies as exercise. I try to take part in as many different challenges as possible as a means of staying motivated.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can answer my questions.

Chocolickkiss, the intensity of your daily exercise is what you choose it to be. My challenge is to do some workout every day. One day, I could workout intensivly for 2 hours and the next day take an energetic walk for 30 minutes. The important thing is that one has to do a workout everyday, even on the weekends. Actually, it is the best time to go hiking with your significant other :love: Wether it is your dog, your friend or your partner in life. During vacations is another good time, you can take a walk on the beach, a swim in the sea or visit an historical site.

Are you up to it?

This morning, I did my buns and thighs Pilates DVD. I am at 2/7 on the second week :smile: Later, I might go on my treadmill, it depends how I respond to my massage. Hubby has to undo all the bad things that the shovelling did to me. It is best that I forget about shovelling snow... My body cannot take it.

From now on, I will concentrate on the exercises I have and for the winter time, I will keep my walks inside on the treadmill.

Debra, this challenge is helping me a lot and the fact that other members have joined makes it even more enjoyable. My thanks to you all!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends,

I love this group too, it's totally keeping me motivated to exercise just so I can post here and get my point. I can be very obsessive when it comes to points and data. Hehe...

I'll post later tonight after I go to the gym and do my cardios tonight.

Until then guys, keep motivated!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    ON THE 1st WEEK, WE ARE AT...

Almomay .....7/7 ..... 1/52
    Casi23 ..... 6/7 ..... 0/52
    Cc_campbell81 ..... 7/7 ..... 1/52
    Georg ..... 4/7 ..... 0/52
    Ivykivy ..... 7/7 ..... 1/52
    Makeitallsua ..... 7/7 ..... 1/52
    Missou .... 6/7 ..... 0/52
    Pinbotchick .....7/7.....1/52
    Saxoldies ..... 4/7 ..... 0/52
    Tom5avenue ..... 5/7 ..... 0/52
    Vhuber ..... 7/7 ..... 1/52
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Now I realize that the intensity is determined by me is that true for the amount of time the exercise is done also. I generally workout 6 times a week and use Sunday as my rest day but if I join the challenge (I'm leaning in that direction) and complete lets say 15 or 20 minutes of Yoga or a light aerobic dvd would that count towards my exercise or will I have to do at least 30 minutes for it to count?
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Now I realize that the intensity is determined by me is that true for the amount of time the exercise is done also. I generally workout 6 times a week and use Sunday as my rest day but if I join the challenge (I'm leaning in that direction) and complete lets say 15 or 20 minutes of Yoga or a light aerobic dvd would that count towards my exercise or will I have to do at least 30 minutes for it to count?

Your plan for your Sunday workout is great!!! If I was to add you on our table, for the first week in 2010, you would have completed a 6/7, right?

Welcome to our group!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Your plan for your Sunday workout is great!!! If I was to add you on our table, for the first week in 2010, you would have completed a 6/7, right?

Welcome to our group!!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the warm welcome and you are correct w/your totals. Had I known about this challenge last week I would have gotten my tail off the couch to do something...MFP has made me realize that I'm somewhat competitive...LOL

Anyway, I worked out yesterday and today so my totals for this week are currently:

2/7
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Here is the new table with our new member!!!

On the 1st week we are at...

Almomay .....7/7 ..... 1/52
    Casi23 ..... 6/7 ..... 0/52
    Cc_campbell81 ..... 7/7 ..... 1/52
    Chocolickkiss ..... 6/7 ..... 0/52
    Georg ..... /4/7 ..... 0/52
    Ivykivy ..... 7/7 ..... 1/52
    Makeitallsua ..... 7/7 ..... 1/52
    Missou .... 6/7 ..... 0/52
    Pinbotchick .....7/7.....1/52
    Saxoldies ..... 4/7 ..... 0/52
    Tom5avenue ..... 5/7 ..... 0/52
    Vhuber ..... 7/7 ..... 1/52
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Hubby or Saxoldies gave me a 1 hour massage and he plans on doing some cardio later on today. He didn't do anything yesteday so he is at 1/7 for this week so far. I am keeping track for him and I just showed him the result table. I hope at some point during the year, he will realize how motivating it is to come on the board and post his accomplishment.

Take care!!!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

just got back from the gym for 2/7, did 60 min of cardio in treadmill and elliptical.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    A beautiful sunny windLESS 10 above today!! Took my three yr old grandson for a 2 mile jog on the sled! Pulling roughly 40 pounds with my snow boots was work but I felt awesome and then this evening I got in my P90X Kenpo and burned another 470 calories!!! So I am 2/7 for this 2nd week of the year!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I did 30 min of low impact aerobics yesterday to be 1/7 and 40 min of reg aerobics today so I am 2/7.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Good job everyone!!! Tomorrow, I intend to do a lot of cardio and be back in the 150's by Monday. I really want to get rid of the 6 on the scale. Have a nice evening and a nice Sunday!!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I am 1/7. Last night I was just too exhausted to do anything, today I did a 45 minute walk.
  • tom5avenue
    Options
    I did not workout yesterday.
    Today, I did 30 minutes of running, losing 373 calories.. :) 1/7.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    2/7 Did Did C25K Week 3 Day 3 and 1 mile with leslie sansone
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Since Sunday's have generally been my rest day I decided if I had a shot at earning a point this week I needed to get up and get my exercise in so I can chill out and relax the remainder of the day. I've decided that until it warms up and I can actually go outside for a comfortable walk around the park I will complete a 20 minute light aerobic routine along w/10-15 minutes of abs. So, today was my first day of completing this. I did 20 minutes of "Core Rhythms" and 10 minutes of "Melt It Off" dvds for a total 0f 30 minutes.

I am currently 3/7 and on my way to earning my first point. I hope the rest of the week is this successful.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

Nice going Chocolickkiss!!

I feel good today!! I am now going to go clean up the house before hitting my training room for at least 90 minutes of cardio, 1000 steps and my Ab King Pro.

Take care!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I am 3/7 today. I did 15 min of some core ab DVD and 40 min of low impact aerobics.
  • will4change
    Options
    Willi you please count me in... I am on my 7/7/ today. I am going to like this trend specially since I am not a memeber of any GYM and work at home my treadmill gave out on me so I have been doing my DVD..
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I am 3/7 today. I did 15 min of some core ab DVD and 40 min of low impact aerobics.

Congratulations on going 3/7 thus far. I'm looking for some low impact aerobic dvds to do on Sunday since this is generally my rest day and was wondering what you do?

Thank you in advance for sharing.