New C25K for the New Year

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Where is the info on the C25K?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Finished another week 3 workout today. I'm stuck between week 3 and week 4. But I'm still getting better every time & tonight I was able to jog faster than usual and I didn't get as out of breath as usual so I know I'm improving, it just takes time. :smile:
  • etey7
    etey7 Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm in! I've done up to week three of the program but haven't manage to finish it.. decided to start over again.. I start on monday because my ipod's batteries are empty and my USB is broken.. haven't gotten to replace them and so I plan to get one during the weekends..

Here's my measurements OMG
    Bust 36
    Waist 36 inches
    Hips 40
    L arm 10 R arm 11

Start Weight 135
    Goal Weight 110

hoping to finish it and run my first 5k! God bless everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • melissahager
    Options
    My measurements... :sad:

SW- 170
    CW- 168
    Goal- 145

Bust- 42 1/2
    Waist- 41
    Hips- 43

Going to do day one of the run program today. Here's to losing some inches and lbs!
    Melissa
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Okay, Here are my starting statistics:tongue: --

SW-218
    GW-170

B-47
    W-41.5
    H-49 :frown:

I'm going to weigh every week (on Friday) but I'm only going to measure once or twice a month.

Kathy
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I am in! I started it back in Oct but didnt make it past week 1. My dh went hunting and then brought home a new puppy which I have been taking care of so my exercise went out the window. I want to run a 5k in March for St Patricks Day....either the Shamrock Run in Portland or the St Patty's Day Dash in Seattle. They are both in 11 weeks so a 9 week program would be great!

I downloaded an app on my iPhone that tells me when to run and when to walk, cool down, etc. It also keeps track of what week and day you are at. It is great. If you have an iPhone I highly suggest it!

Good luck!
  • melissahager
    Options
    Just did week one, day one of the program and it wasn't as bad as I thought. The first four sets of the run/walk were great and I found myself looking forward to the next run while I was in the 90 second walk. Coming back was a little harder and I REALLY had to force myself to do the last 2 sets. The final 1 1/2 minute walk and then the cool down back to my house were more like a moderate walk because I was exhausted! But I am just glad I made it through day one!
    Like Kathy, I plan to weigh once a week (on Saturday) and then measure at the first of each month.
    Melissa
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting today or tomorrow... but I woke up yesterday with a nasty headcold... *sigh* :sick:
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I am planning on starting on Monday January 4th. I use the gym at work and I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday so I am going to try to do my running on those days and do some strength training on my days off from running. I tried a program similar this past summer and didn't make it past the first week, so my goal is just to finish!! I would like to run a 5k this fall sometime would be my second goal...and of course I would love to lose some weight as I go. I am starting over with eating within my calorie limit. I am ready for a change as we roll into 2010! I am also only going to only allow myself weigh ins on monday. I seem to get obsessed with the scale and weigh myself at least twice daily, which I think is hindering my weight loss as well since I get discouraged. So only once weekly and I think Mondays will be a good day to weigh in since it will make me behave over the weekend!! Good luck everyone!!
  • splooshcar
    Options
    Started today (ok, i agree, too much football and hangover to start Jan1, but I still have enough time to get in 3 workouts this week). Week 1 workout was not bad at all. I downloaded music from nicole, she counts down to zero when it's time to change from run/walk (http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html Thanks to all for the tips!

Hang in there fellow newbies and good luck this week!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I downloaded music from nicole, she counts down to zero when it's time to change from run/walk (http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html

I used her music as well, and it was great. I made my own mix of music, though the transition between the songs isn't pretty, so unless I get better on sound editing, I'll probably stick with premade mixes until I get to more continuous runs later on. Did day 1 of week 1 today. It was pretty painless overall, but I've also been working on pretty regulary for 2ish months now. If i'd started this right away, I would have been in serious pain (then again, I could be in pain tomorrow). Plan to do day 2 on Tues, and day 3 on Thurs with some more cardio thrown in other days.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing c25k on Tues., Thurs, and Sat. On Mon., Wed. and Fri. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and brisk walking.:smile:
    I also walk on Sun.

I really want to do this but I'm going to go very slowly because of some old leg injuries. Don't want to end up quitting!:happy:

Kathy
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I did week 1 day 2 yesterday and I had a rough time. Residuals from NYE still! I REEEEAlllly didnt want to get up to run but I did it anyway. Day 3 is tomorrow.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm so done with week 3. I've been struggling between week 3 and 4 for a few weeks now (with a week off for the holidays by accident). For the last run interval, instead of running 3 minutes like I was supposed to, I ran for SIX! Week 4, here I come (again...)!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I am planning on starting on Monday January 4th. I use the gym at work and I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday so I am going to try to do my running on those days and do some strength training on my days off from running. I tried a program similar this past summer and didn't make it past the first week, so my goal is just to finish!! I would like to run a 5k this fall sometime would be my second goal...and of course I would love to lose some weight as I go. I am starting over with eating within my calorie limit. I am ready for a change as we roll into 2010! I am also only going to only allow myself weigh ins on monday. I seem to get obsessed with the scale and weigh myself at least twice daily, which I think is hindering my weight loss as well since I get discouraged. So only once weekly and I think Mondays will be a good day to weigh in since it will make me behave over the weekend!! Good luck everyone!!
    I'd love to start this today too, I'm in!
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Options
    I started today with a modified run / walk. 5 minute warmup, 3 minutes jog, 2 minutes walk, repeat for a segment of 30 minutes, then 3 minute walk cooldown. I didn't do too bad for not running for about 2 months. I'm recovering from a car accident - want to make sure I'm not pushing myself too much.

I'm looking forward to training for a 10K in May. I think this program is a good start :)
  • lahlie
    lahlie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am starting today! I am so excited! The only thing is. I have been going to my gym and running on the treadmill with a programmed setting called Sprint *, which is essentially week 1. I have been doing that setting for quite some time, just increasing speed settings. So, I am going to skip week 1 and hit week 2 for 2 weeks and then go from there. Good Luck. It looks very challenging, but VERY do-able!!!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone!! I'm stating Week 1 Day 1 today. I have until the beginning of April to run a 5K. Let's do this!!!
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late to join you guys! I'll be starting my c25k today with a coworker. W1D1 doesn't seem too daunting, but we'll see how I feel after it's all said and done tonight lol. Good luck to everyone! :heart:
  • melissahager
    Options
    Hey all- and welcome jessifreehugs! I completed week 1 day 2 today and am really loving this! I can't believe it but I am actually looking forward to the next run.
    Melissa
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this today, I will post my starting measurements this evening