New C25K for the New Year

Options

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Yiipppeee! Just fiished with week 1. Felt really good and am looking forward to week 2! Gonna do that on Wed.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I completed Week 4 day 1 tonight. It's the first time I've ever gotten through all the run intervals (I was trying week 4 a couple weeks ago and I could never make it through the last 5 minute run). Week 5 scares me so I may stay with week 4 for a couple weeks. :laugh:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    did week 1 day 1 today! felt good to be jogging again. I am excited to get to week 3, cuz I have not made it that far. Yay for ** all ** of us taking on this feat! we are going to feel so awesome when we can run 3 MILES!! :flowerforyou:
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started week one day one today and plan on running Mon-Wed-Fri. I'm hoping to get back into the running shape I was in when I left the Army 20 years ago when I could run 5 miles (8k) without hardly breaking a sweat.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I started w1d1 last night but I wasn't able to finish it. I wasn't really feeling well and I stopped after about 17 minutes. I'll try again tomorrow.
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D1 last night! It was harder than I thought, but it really wasn't that bad. Congrats to everyone who is moving on the next day! I'm excited to do this, and I can't wait until today's repeat of W1D1. Good luck everyone!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    This is just a gentle reminder to take it slow & stick with the 3 day a week running schedule at first. I'm not saying it will happen to you, but when I first started C25K, I was too enthusiastic about it and was running extra to try to progress faster. That resulted a LOT of pain in my knees, which I pushed through only resulting in more pain & having to take nearly 2 weeks off running and walking for exercise altogether. It was really frustrating for me & I don't want anyone here to suffer the same fate. If your knees start hurting, take it easy sooner rather than later. :flowerforyou:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D1 last night, felt awesome!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Ugh I just want to be rid of this headcold so I can get going! :grumble:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    hey everyone - can i join this group? i was in another c25k group, but it seems like it died down.
    i am on week 7 day 2. twenty five minutes of running...not sure if i will be doing it today because i need a new extention for the treadmill plug..the one i had is not working correctly...better safe than sorry.

good luck to everyone on this journey!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I was also on the last thread for C25K, but since it has died down, I thought I'd jump on with the new one. I'm planning on starting Week 6 tonight, even though my calves are a bit sore from the workout I did on Sunday night. We'll see how it goes!

I found Week 5 to be challenging, but now I'm looking forward to moving on. I need to lose some serious weight and inches this year, so let's do it!!

Heather
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also NOT a first timer LOL.... I started the C25K with my husband and then I got into working out at the gym that I just stopped the C35K completely... BUT I really want to do it!! I want to run... I'm not a runner and never have been... I have planned on starting it up again, but it is soooo cold here now (I'm in Texas, but we are having some really cold weather here...REALLY cold for us)... I don't like running on a treadmill... I don't own one; don't want one... So... I guess I'm waiting on it to warm up a bit before I start....
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i'd love to join in too. i started in july and was on week 8 (had to repeat more than a few weeks lol), but then stopped at thanksgiving. i am going to go back to week 3 or 4 to restart. i have done 2 5ks since i started doing both walking and running to complete them. my time was around 48 minutes. i want to improve that. i also want to work up to a 10k by may.
    dawn
  • melissahager
    Options
    Having participants in the group that are not "newbies" will be motivating for me! I am already loving the program.
    Melissa
  • melissahager
    Options
    This is just a gentle reminder to take it slow & stick with the 3 day a week running schedule at first. I'm not saying it will happen to you, but when I first started C25K, I was too enthusiastic about it and was running extra to try to progress faster. That resulted a LOT of pain in my knees, which I pushed through only resulting in more pain & having to take nearly 2 weeks off running and walking for exercise altogether. It was really frustrating for me & I don't want anyone here to suffer the same fate. If your knees start hurting, take it easy sooner rather than later. :flowerforyou:

I'm so glad you said that because I was tempted to do an extra day a week but now realize it would be best to take it slow to start!!
    Melissa
  • ERnurse
    ERnurse Posts: 77
    Options
    Sorry I posted without realizing there was a thread already - I am totally interested in doing this :)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :happy: Week 1 Day 1 finished!:happy:

i wasn't sure I could do it but, so far, so good!

It's kind of fun to run again--even if only for 60 seconds at a time!:laugh:

Kathy
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Sorry I posted without realizing there was a thread already - I am totally interested in doing this :)

:flowerforyou: Don't worry about it!:flowerforyou:

Actually, there are a number of threads on this. This one is fairly new, though, so come on in!

Kathy
  • melissahager
    Options
    How is everyone logging this for exercise? I have been doing the "walking 5.0" for 25 minutes because I figured the brisk walk and the run combined would be about that. I just don't want to log too high and it mess up my calories!!
    Melissa
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    How is everyone logging this for exercise? I have been doing the "walking 5.0" for 25 minutes because I figured the brisk walk and the run combined would be about that. I just don't want to log too high and it mess up my calories!!
    Melissa

I normally wear my heart rate monitor and log whatever comes near what I get from it. I normally end up logging that I jogged at 5.2mph for 25 minutes & walked at 3.5mph for 5 minutes (I always add a cooldown walk). That puts the calories burned at about 75-100 under what my HRM says & I'm comforable with logging that. I'm sure what is comparable completely depends on your fitness level, weight, target heart rate, etc.