• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Meh, I love my skim milk.

My thoughts exactly.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Full fat eh? Good way to get diabetes!!!

Was that a Bazinga? I really hope that was a bazinga....

Clearly every single human being before they came up with skim milk had diabetes...
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Oh and to add to the above - some days I can have a litre of milk.
    You're saying that if I stick to the same calorie limit but have full fat, (640 calories vs 350 calories), I'll be less likely to want to eat more, despite the fact I've got to eat 290 calories less of 'real food' (a decent low cal sandwich, or even whole meal if done right - lasts nights meat balls with leek (Instead of pasta) came to that for the first plate full.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I love skim /fat free milk *cheers*
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Was that a Bazinga? I really hope that was a bazinga....

Clearly every single human being before they came up with skim milk had diabetes...

Lol. Full fat milk leads to diabetes- that's a new one! :laugh:
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    None of the points made are relevant to me.
    So no, despite your shouting, I will continue to keep drinking skimmed milk.

For a start, I prefer the taste these days.
    If I'm going to have fat, I'll have it from a source I enjoy more.

From the points in the article:
    1: Absolutely irrelevant as a reason to not drink or drink it.
    2+3: It comes out of the orifice of a live animal. I bet it's got a hell of a lot of ingredients I don't know about. Nature has as many 'nasty' things as human lab-created chemicals.
    4: Nor does water. Milk is much higher in protein and is tastier on my cereal.
    5: Lost over 50lb so far. Seems to be working. I have many times yo-yo dieted. The reasons for putting weight on have not been related to food but other issues in my life. In some cases I have already been overweight and started eating a lot more bad stuff too. It's not to do with my weight at the time, but what's going on in my life.
    6: Well, that's nice. Nor will watching Dr Who. But I still watch Dr Who because I like it.

I agree, I have a glass of skimmed milk a day and it has done no harm to me whatsoever. I would never drink whole milk again.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Thanks but no thanks... I will continue to drink my 2 gallons of 1% chocolate milk.... I agree with the others, stop posting Alarmist crap on MFP...... Pointless..... :noway:
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not going to stop drinking fat free dairy. For one, I hate the consistency of higher fat content in milk. I've tried almond and soy milks and while I don't mind them in hot beverages, either one of them with cereal or to drink while eating something sweet makes me gag. Really. So give me a cookie, I'm reaching for that lovely jug of skim milk in my fridge and no alarmist post (which, really, is one of many about the same subject) is going to make me stop.

All of the above.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ALARMIST POST IS ALARMIST

I always enjoy your responses.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    yea... this website seems legit...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    EHMAGERD PERSEHRNUS MELK
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    We are the only species that keeps on ingesting milk, even after we've been weaned from it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Yeah! Thanks for trying to give everyone diabetes, OP.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    We are the only species that keeps on ingesting milk, even after we've been weaned from it.

Are you sure about that?
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    EHMAGERD PERSEHRNUS MELK

*snerk*
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    The article has some good points and a lot of inaccurate alarmist BS. That said, I am in favor of whole foods including dairy and milk products whenever possible. The calorie differnce is negligible as others have pointed out. Fat is not the boogie man. And, in general, whole food are healthier in general IMHO.
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options
    Yeah I'm not about to take anything seriously that comes from a website with a very particular niche agenda. Wow the people at butterbeliever.com think skim milk is bad for you? Well, they must be authorities on the matter. Totally trustworthy source.
  • PughTooFew
    PughTooFew Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Which milk you drink should be a preference based on personal taste and nutrition NOT on alarmist articles. As someone pointed out earlier, unless your consuming litres/lots every single day the calorie and fat values really are insignificant. Young children are encouraged to have whole milk for a host of reasons, but semi- and skimmed varieties wouldn't still be around and endorserd by so many people if this article's claims were all 100% true. This article is totally biased and slanted and the 'facts' they pull out can be countered. I personally enjoy low fat cottage cheese, low fat or fat free yoghurts and semi skimmed milk, and I also love full-fat cheddar and feta cheeses (on occasion). Make your own decisions, I just urge you - please don't base them on this one article alone.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Actually that isn't true. My 17 year old cat still drinks milk. We do, however, happen to be the only species that can purchase milk in the store once our mother's teets stop producing it. That makes us lucky in my opinion. And my cat is happy about it too.