3 day military diet- information and a rant

Options

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that done this. She used it as a 'detox'. She said it would be a week to two week thing, to 'reset' her metabolism. She then said she would go and do it properly afterwards, e.g. gym, healthy eating. Put it this way - she hasn't told me anything else since the day she finished this 'military' diet.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    So much fruit and veg, not.

lol
  • fairasthemoon
    Options
    It's less about decreased calories and more about chemical reactions and metabolism boosting foods. The foods in the combinations listed change the way your body metabolizes them. That is why it doesn't work well if you substitute or mix it up. I lost alot of weight doing this. For a month I did the diet every week Wednesday-Friday. Then I went nuts on the weekend. I didn't work out and I lost and kept off 11 lbs that month... At least I kept it off til Thanksgiving/Christmas. Lol.

I do believe if I had not doubled the ice cream portions and had eaten reasonably on my off days and combined with excercise I may have triple my weight loss.

This has got to be a troll post! If not, I have studied human biology at university and can assure you that there is absolutely nothing about the combination of food that creates any kind of miraculous chemical reaction. Calories in, calories out. Simple.

I don't are what you studied at university. Going to school doesn't make you smarter. All you do is memorize information they give you. Food combinations is a well known and proven form of diet (not the kind to lose weight but the kind to maintain health) and sure the foods in this military diet aren't the healthiest... But it's all in what you choose. You can find nitrite and nitrate free hotdogs made from shoulder roast. A healthy easy form of beef. You can find all natural ice cream.

The fact is it works. Your university may not have taught you how it works but that doesn't mean it doesn't.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    here we go day 1!
  • josiereside
    Options
    down 4 from yesterday's (day 1) weigh in... I do believe that most if not all of that was water weight from my high sodium/booze filled weekend.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    down 4 from yesterday's (day 1) weigh in... I do believe that most if not all of that was water weight from my high sodium/booze filled weekend.

Wow. You really need to think about what you are doing to your body - this is a mild form of bingeing and purging.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It's less about decreased calories and more about chemical reactions and metabolism boosting foods. The foods in the combinations listed change the way your body metabolizes them. That is why it doesn't work well if you substitute or mix it up. I lost alot of weight doing this. For a month I did the diet every week Wednesday-Friday. Then I went nuts on the weekend. I didn't work out and I lost and kept off 11 lbs that month... At least I kept it off til Thanksgiving/Christmas. Lol.

I do believe if I had not doubled the ice cream portions and had eaten reasonably on my off days and combined with excercise I may have triple my weight loss.

This has got to be a troll post! If not, I have studied human biology at university and can assure you that there is absolutely nothing about the combination of food that creates any kind of miraculous chemical reaction. Calories in, calories out. Simple.

I don't are what you studied at university. Going to school doesn't make you smarter. All you do is memorize information they give you. Food combinations is a well known and proven form of diet (not the kind to lose weight but the kind to maintain health) and sure the foods in this military diet aren't the healthiest... But it's all in what you choose. You can find nitrite and nitrate free hotdogs made from shoulder roast. A healthy easy form of beef. You can find all natural ice cream.

The fact is it works. Your university may not have taught you how it works but that doesn't mean it doesn't.

Eh?

So you would rather take the word of people passing 'diet' sheets around the Internet making false claims over proven scientific fact (since that is what tends to be taught at universities)? Go ahead... and please do report back in 12 months time to tell us how you have got on.
  • josiereside
    Options

Wow. You really need to think about what you are doing to your body - this is a mild form of bingeing and purging.
    [/quote

I don't see what this has to do with binging and purging, but thank you for your input.
  • josiereside
    Options
    So here are m results: Day 1 of diet: 153 (again, like I said earlier, I had a high sodium/booze filled weekend). Day 2 down to 149. Day 3 147.8, and today 146.8. The real test of the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of this diet will show itself over the next several days. I will continue to report my daily weights for a bit to see how the scale fluctuates. I anticipate it will creep up but hopefully I got at least a true 2 or so pound loss after doing this... however, not holding my breath!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Oh, please do elaborate on the biochemistry of hot dogs!

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. How absurd! How is it possible that people fall for this???
  • whit1304
    Options
    I'm on day three of the diet, I have already lost 7 lbs. no joke. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm pretty sure my body may be in ketosis. I feel awful this morning. Glad I lost 7 lbs, but glad this is the last day. I may not last.
  • josiereside
    Options
    I'm on day three of the diet, I have already lost 7 lbs. no joke. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm pretty sure my body may be in ketosis. I feel awful this morning. Glad I lost 7 lbs, but glad this is the last day. I may not last.

I think you only go into ketosis when carbs are limited... there are plenty of carbs in this diet... you probably feel awful because of the very limited calories. Congrats on the 7 lost. I did the diet last week and I lost a little over 6 and have not gained it back eating between 1400-1700 calories a day. Good luck!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Hmmmmmm... and this is your first forum post!
  • jeanalvey
    jeanalvey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every time I have seen or read about the "military" diet or "3 day" diet it claims you can lose up to 10 pounds. Up to means anywhere between 0 and 10. I assume the 10 pounds is someone who normally consumes a large number of calories and is sedentary and then does the diet and begins to exercise.
  • josiereside
    Options
    Every time I have seen or read about the "military" diet or "3 day" diet it claims you can lose up to 10 pounds. Up to means anywhere between 0 and 10. I assume the 10 pounds is someone who normally consumes a large number of calories and is sedentary and then does the diet and begins to exercise.

I did it and lost 6+... I exercise every day and eat a well balanced diet... I just did it to try and get some quick weight off prior to a vacation... so whether it works or not who really knows.
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Some people have the funniest taste buds.

Not only that, but have you ever tried to eat tuna from the can without mayonnaise? It's very dry and hard to choke down.

I actually prefer it without mayo....got used to it after I started eating clean. A little lemon on top makes it very good.
  • josiereside
    Options
    Final posting on this topic... over a week after doing this diet and the initial weight I have lost has stayed off and even lost a pound or so more...
  • flockofhamsters
    flockofhamsters Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the military diet right now. I'll tell you what, I really hate grapefruit. Never had it before and found that out on my first day. And the whole tuna thing kind of repulses me without mayo, as well. I can handle it exactly with no substitutions, though.

I feel kind of weird though, like right after I eat my stomach feels weird and I get a little nauseous for a couple minutes, then I'm fine. It's really hard to have enough self control not to snack, but I've managed it and haven't collapsed due to hunger even through and 8 hour shift so that's swell.

And I've lost 5lbs so far so I guess there's that. I think I'm going to continue it for the rest of the month, 3 days on and 4 days off, and then report on my progress after every week or something. I'm just hoping going back to normal foods doesn't cause me to gain it all back.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Im using this strictly as a get back on track and over binge eating tool.
    Honesty if Snd what I lose doesn't matter. I just am at wits end trying to get back on track with healthy living since I had my daughter.
  • momofone1992
    Options
    Im doing this diet now last week i started it lost 9lbs. Im now on day 5 and lost another 2 lbs. I love it. I didnt have any problem for the 3 days until the 3rd day lol that was pretty killer but the first two days i was full and didnt feel the need to snack.