Got really mad at the supermarket today

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• dogmeat
    Options
    Damn. I was writing a reply and I managed to destroy it somehow.

Anyway. I don't want anyone to accuse me of sparing a long-ago died horse from additional beating.

*WHACK!* *KICK!* *SMACK!* *THUMP!*

Now excuse me for a bit as I go and rinse off my baseball bat.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i dont judge, i was a real clean eater years ago when my teenagers were little, they knew nothing but hummus and sprout sandwiches, black beans and couscous, grilled chicken. when they were approx 7-8 years old they were at a friends house and had poptarts. well, they came home and were so mad at me, they wanted poptarts and why hadnt i ever bought them. they didnt want the nutritipon speech, they felt like they had been deprived and that was it!! i took them to the store and let them each pick out a box of poptarts, they ate them for breakfast for the next week. then i never heard too much more about poptarts but i did lighten up about nutrition. now, my children are 16, 15 and 3 and have good eating habits and will eat whatever i cook but you never know what is the right thing to do, i feel that i made a good decision by letting them have "junk" food occasionally otherwise i might have created children with eating disorders or who go crazy with junk food when they get out on their own.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    i dont judge, i was a real clean eater years ago when my teenagers were little, they knew nothing but hummus and sprout sandwiches, black beans and couscous, grilled chicken. when they were approx 7-8 years old they were at a friends house and had poptarts. well, they came home and were so mad at me, they wanted poptarts and why hadnt i ever bought them. they didnt want the nutritipon speech, they felt like they had been deprived and that was it!! i took them to the store and let them each pick out a box of poptarts, they ate them for breakfast for the next week. then i never heard too much more about poptarts but i did lighten up about nutrition. now, my children are 16, 15 and 3 and have good eating habits and will eat whatever i cook but you never know what is the right thing to do, i feel that i made a good decision by letting them have "junk" food occasionally otherwise i might have created children with eating disorders or who go crazy with junk food when they get out on their own.

Thank you for sharing this. I often have problems deciding when to bend on what I feed my daughter. She eats a very healthy diet, but I know those kids who don't get sugar and when they are at a party or their parents aren't around go crazy! Thank you very much! :flowerforyou: