My dog ate ...

Options

Replies

• sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend in HS's dog ate our used condom. My family dog ate a whole raw chicken once off the counter.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Half a box of granola bars minus the wrappers. Somehow she managed to unwrap them and eat just the food lol.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I had just dumped the grease from my fry daddy into bads and put in the trash. She my pit who never went through the garbage pulled out the bag and ate everything including the plastic bag..... it was not pretty..... she also ate a box of straight razors.... luckily both times there was no damage to her insides.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why, but my dog goes crazy over charcoal. Not the synthetic charcoal briquettes but burned wood from a fire. When we go camping he goes straight to the fire pit and gets a piece and plays with it and eats it.. I know vets give charcoal to dogs if they've eaten something they shouldn't have to help absorb any of it. He ate some "illegal substances" once when he was a little pup.. I felt so bad and I rushed him to the vet. The vet was cool, gave him the charcoal (maybe why he likes it??) and said, your dog may have the munchies when you get home. He also eats tennis ball fuzz.. I find that in his poop regularly.
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Left the table uncleared to go outside for a quick run (was only gone about 20 minutes, wanted to get it in before it got dark) and when I returned the entire bucket of sour cream (just opened that night) and half a bag of shredded cheese was on the living room floor. The sour cream licked clean and the cheese bag turned inside out with no sight of any cheese any where.

Keep in mind my dog only weighs nine pounds. Where it went I don't know. The fact that he didn't get sick still astounds me.
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My dog Bosco ate a case of Ghirardelli Chocolates. That includes the cardboard shipping box, plastic sealed (smaller boxes in the case) foil printed boxes, Metallic/plastic wrappers (wrapping each mini square bites) and the various filled chocolates, of course. They pumped out 4lbs of chocolate from his stomach that night. He once ate through solid wood cabinets to get to the trash we had locked (spring loaded child safety locks) under the sink. He also bit through and bent up metal trash can to get to the trash inside. On several occasions he has stolen and eaten whole loaves of bread and needed his stomach pumped out each time because it caused such painful bloat. He was a lab... what else can I say.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Coincidentally, I just saw this article on facebook. You have to see some of the things pets have eaten! Oh, and not as exciting as the items on the link, but I have a parrot that would kill for anything dairy...cheese, yogurt, ice cream, milk

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/vet-dept/small-animal-dept/vet-xray-contest-2012-winners.aspx?cm_mmc=8025643#.UFUrx0quBqE.facebook
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    She just ate my exercise ball last week:)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    panties, eyeglasses, 5 pairs of flip-flops, an entire bag of chocolate-covered almonds, road atlas, gel ink pen (boy that was fun times getting ink out of my carpet), several rolls of toilet paper,.....

with the exception of the choc-covered almonds, he didn't actually chew up and swallow all of these things, just bits and pieces of them after destroying them utterly. Such self-satisfaction on his smug face when he was caught. :indifferent:
  • We had a dog that ate a couch, the molding off the walls, socks, underwear, cat turds, we no longer own the dog, she has a good home with a big back yard, and I hear she has taken to eating various shrubs and patio furniture : ) I had a cat that ate an entire ball of yarn, luckily she had a tiny piece of it still sticking out of her mouth, I pulled and pulled until I got the entire ball out of her stomach, it was really gross, but I am sure she would have gotten really sick if I hadn't noticed that little piece sticking out of her mouth. I have another cat that loves pistachios, he litterally climbed into the cabinet, got the container down, opened it with his teeth and we had pistacios and shells all over the house! I am so glad he didn't get sick. My other cat Cleo ate a really long human hair somehow, maybe it fell in her food, anyway when she pooped, she had poop attatched by the hair and it was like poop on a rope, she was running all over the house freaking out because this turd was bouncing behind her, we litterally had to catch her, get a paper towel and remove the hair from her butt so we could get rid of the the turd! Having pets is an adventure! Lol
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    Drywall...carpet...a $50 foam dog bed he never slept in...rotten eggs out of the garbage (we came home to the most awful smell in the house!), chocolate chip cookies (ate the cookies off of the counter but did not disturb the plastic container they were in...i swear he's a ninja)...
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The arm off of Strawberry Shortcake.

... and like the terrible mother that I am, when I saw what had happened, I immediately grabbed the doll and put it away at the bottom of the doll bin in the back of the toy closet so as to avoid the terrible weeping and wailing that will ensue when my daughter discovers the untimely amputation.
  • Kateluvsall
    Options
    my beagle ate a bar stool while i was at work one day
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My cat has. Ost me a lot of $$$$. Her first boo boo was going through the bathroom garbage.. Dental floss wound around her internal organs. The second time was my sewing needle and thread. She survived both, amazingly. Yes, we baby proof our house for everything now.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Whole Box of Bisquick
    Many many shoes
    my cell phone charging cord
    twigs which had to be pulled out.
    Ate a giant whole in my couch seat, ate all the stuffing.

And the worst..

Her own poop! ewwwwwwww
  • angeljessie54
    Options
    dog 1 - mini blinds, a kennel (two plastic ones - an entire whole so she could get out). door nobs, wood
    dog 2 - the collar off the other dog. we have to use a metal/chain collar on dog 1 now.
  • aylawill
    Options
    I had a dog who ate a couple batteries and countless pens when she was a puppy. Never seemed to bother her. She was also a fan of lip gloss/balm.
    My current dog (Border Collie/Australian Shepherd) is pretty good about chewing things, but he did pull a bunch of insulation out from under the house a few weeks ago. He also ate most of a pair of my undies a while back. Oh, and he thinks tampons are yummy. :P
    ETA: As far as non-yucky things go, he LOVES cucumbers, lettuce, and tomatoes.
  • potter315
    Options
    Right after we adopted my puppy he got out of his area and ate a bag of fireworks! Then he ate the arm of our couch which we kindly donated to him as his bed. He continued to eat at the cushions but would cover it with his blanket so we didn't notice until almost both the cushions were completely gone. He ate through the phone wire that ran up the wall, ate the bottom corner of our kitchen cabinet, ate a hole in the linoleum flooring...did I mention this was all in a rental home!! He can also get into a fast food bag and eat everything out of it without a single tear in the bag or food packaging. He is 8 now and has turned out to be the BEST dog ever. We just had a rough puppy phase lol.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    my husbands dentures.

my mom said that their dog did this to my dad. she looked like those doggie dentures commercials for some biscuits for them. talk about an expensive replacement
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    my dog has eaten used tissues, dryer sheets, thread, tennis balls, 1/2 a bbq chicken pizza, blankets, pillows, towels, and has tried to eat needles. He has also stolen a whole raw potato thinking it was a ball.

And, I'm betting like the rest of the dogs here, he eats well - grain-free food, treats, and healthy people snacks...

doof.