My dog ate ...

Options
johnlatv
johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
1/2 a Snickers bar. First thing i know you are thinking is what are you doing with a Snickers bar in the house while being on MFP. Well i'll tell you, i had poor self discipline yesterday afternoon and went a little nuts with my lunch, had a meatball sub with chips and Snickers bar, don't judge. :)

My dog seems fine, a few years back he had a 1/4 of a plate of brownies (counter surfing for that one) talked to the doc and they said the chocolate that is really bad for them is the baking chocolate, candy, cookies and such isn't that bad cause it has a bunch of other stuff in with it.

What is the oddest thing you dog has eaten?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Well, I've never had a dog, but my cat was obsessed with microwave nacho cheese. I remember eating it in a room with the door closed while he pounded and howled, demanding cheese!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    My great dane ate one of dh's hunting socks while we were on vacation. Sadly, he didn't survive the surgery.:frown:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    My phone -__-;

My blue pit Tsuki was just a pup. I had apparently been eating something tasty and handled my phone, depositing tasty substance upon it. I laid on my bed with my phone next to me and started to doze off. Next thing I hear is my roommate saying, "Tsuki, your mama would NOT be happy with you if she saw that!" The pup had swiped my phone and chewed the back panel off and left teethmarks all over it.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    The poodle we had when I was growing up used to eat chewing gum. New in the wrapper, ABC, didn't matter. I know this because I had pooper scooper duty and used to find little pink bubbles in the piles.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    We had a puppy who ate a light bulb once. (He was fine. But I still don't suggest it as a regular part of a dog's diet.)
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My 3 week old Samsung galaxy note and my husbands glasses.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The poodle we had when I was growing up used to eat chewing gum. New in the wrapper, ABC, didn't matter. I know this because I had pooper scooper duty and used to find little pink bubbles in the piles.

One of my cats loves gum. He'll break into a purse to get to it, too.
  • krismonaco
    krismonaco Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Everything! The worst was probably an entire comforter (and everything else that was on top of it) that he pulled into his cage.

Or when my other dog ate an entire bottle of midol with seriously no ill effects...she has a stomach made of steel
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I had a black lab who ate a facial tissue and a stick of gum, wrapper and all, in the car on the way to get neutered. I told them he wasn't exactly NPO for the surgery and the whole thing went just fine.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    My Hydro bill - and yes I still had to pay it... :(
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh an and old dog I had at sidewalk chalk. He had technicolor poop for a few days after that!:laugh:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I had a dog eat a pine branch. It was sticking out both ends. Vet said we had to pull it out the back end or the needles would kill him. That poor dog didn't sit right for months.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    We had one of our labs eat a tub of contact cement.
    They've also eaten...

giant chocolate easter wiener dog
    entire box of lindor chocolates, wrappers included
    uncooked gingerbread men (this one, he managed to snarf 2 without upsetting the pan on the stove top...)
    an entire turkey (4 poodles...)
    a sofa
    and bathroom tiles
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    My Beagle ate two couches. TWO COUCHES. ALL of the stuffing was ripped out.

He's eaten everything pretty much. Milk cartons, soda bottles, bag of reese's pieces, permanent marker (all over my fiance's mothers nice new comforter), cat food cans, tampons, cereal boxes, and he get's into the garbage ALL THE TIME.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    He ate a brand new bag of food! $85 bag of food in one day...he didn't eat for the rest of the week at least!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I found a really cute beaded purse at a thrift shop. It would have been great for the beach. Unfortunately, it never made it there - I came home to find turqoise beads EVERYWHERE. I also find my shoes on the couch often - not really chewed, it's like they just grab a shoe and sit on the couch and cuddle with it while I'm away.
  • xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh! They get into everything! I have a Bichon Frise and just this weekend he tried to eat a twig I'd cut off a rose bush (thorns and all). He also eats flies and spiders...well, he doesn't actually eat them - he catches them in his mouth then spits them out once they're dead. Very odd! I've caught him drinking red wine before now too. He devoured a slice of stuffed crust Pizza Hut meat feast pizza at the weekend and a few months ago he ate an entire packet of Boursin which a friend left on my coffee table while I was out of the room and he'd gone to make a cuppa. Thankfully though he's very good at "leave it" so all is well as long as he's in my sight and hubby hasn't left food around the place!
  • LupaNera
    Options
    My dog Sheba let's see.. neighbors chickens.. and again neighbors chickens... Obviously the food in her bowl was not fresh or bio enough... And still tries to do it even if she is nearly 15 now :)
    (She is part wolf so I can understand her.. and also I have to pay for the bio chickens :D )
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    We had a cat once who ate cantaloupe rinds--not the fruit, just the rinds. He would get so into eating them that if you tried to take it away form him, he would growl and spit.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    bag of dry oatbran, jar of peanut butter, loaf of bread, a dry pot noodle, numerous tissues and socks, two phones (one belonging to work!!!) loads of other things. The joys of having a lab!!!!!

PS to the OP. not sure what type of dog that you have but most larger breeds are usually ok with a bit of chocolate (when they get it by accident of course) and it will be totally fine. We had a cross breed (part lab) once that ate the kids Christmas advent calendars and all the chocolate in there, and they were only on week 1!