My dog ate ...

Options

Replies

• emnk5308
    Options
    My dog likes to eat:
    Panties :explode: and socks.. and I think she has gotten hold of a bra.. she also likes: apples, cucumbers, celery, baby carrots.... toilet paper, hemp!, and yarn, altoids, hummus...

I've got the strangest little doggie :heart:

I have to continue: PINECONES, Flaming hot cheetos, 'lady' products. :sick:, wood, plastic silverware, paper plates, BUGS, a whole cicada bug, squeakers from her toys, crayons, Oh I'm sure there is more <3
    We also had a dog a few years ago that ate EVERYTHING. No joke. He was an 'outdoor' dog because of a skin condition he was gross... he stole a FULL bottle of ranch of the table and ate the entire thing, he has stolen an entire cooked (chicken/ turkey one of those) he stole my boyfriends brothers keys... they were inside a McDonalds bag (don't know why O.O ) and we could not find them! That was the sweetest dog <3 He passed a few years ago.. :cry:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My Beagle ate two couches. TWO COUCHES. ALL of the stuffing was ripped out.

He's eaten everything pretty much. Milk cartons, soda bottles, bag of reese's pieces, permanent marker (all over my fiance's mothers nice new comforter), cat food cans, tampons, cereal boxes, and he get's into the garbage ALL THE TIME.

Beagle <3

I love my Beagle<3 He's my baby.

My Beagle is my baby too <3 He's so frickin' lovely... I imagine when he destroyed the couch he just looked at you with them eyes and you couldn't be angry for long.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My dog ate... a big piece of plastic frisbee, then buried the evidence.

The next day, we were driving down the road, he defacated in the car, then promptly jumped out of the window of the moving vehicle (30 mph) to finish his bowel movement in the grass.

(For those of you who might be interested to know, he was fine, minus a few pretty good scrapes. After completing his bowel movement, he happily trotted back to me and got right back in the car, ready to play. I, on the other hand, still deal with some serious anxiety about taking him in the car with me anywhere without A. his seatbelt, B. having the windows rolled up and C. having the child locks turned on.)

This dog makes Marley look like a saint.

Oh my god, my dog did this once too. And what's worse is that he RAN up to this (terrified) native american family with two children... to this day they think we're racist because our dog ran towards them and not all the white people

hahaha I'm so glad someone else experiences this too :)
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My St.Benard/ Boxer mix (10 months) has eaten:

-My glasses

-Socks and Undies

- Her dog bowl

- A magenta ink cartrage ( interesting finding that, I thought she was bleeding when going to the BR)

- about 6 of my husbands CDs ---- I found halves

-Shoes

-Couches / she likes the wood on them

- A bit of a ball of yarn

- whole bar of soap

Yeah she will eat anything... and she is very sneaky about it. Thankfully nothing has hurt her yet but she has eaten some really dumb stuff & yes I promise we feed her. 10 months and shes over 100 lbs allready.
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My St.Benard/ Boxer mix (10 months) has eaten:

-My glasses

-Socks and Undies

- Her dog bowl

- A magenta ink cartrage ( interesting finding that, I thought she was bleeding when going to the BR)

- about 6 of my husbands CDs ---- I found halves

-Shoes

-Couches / she likes the wood on them

- A bit of a ball of yarn

- whole bar of soap

Yeah she will eat anything... and she is very sneaky about it. Thankfully nothing has hurt her yet but she has eaten some really dumb stuff & yes I promise we feed her. 10 months and shes over 100 lbs allready.

and femine products.... I am sure there is many more....
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Labs really will eat anything!! Mine stole a freshly cooked chocolate swiss roll from the counter. He was fine, didn't even apologise!

Seeing as this thread is filled with dog lovers, you might appreciate this wonderful little website...

www.dog-shaming.com

Enjoy x
  • ridge1980
    ridge1980 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My first semester teaching, my dog ate my students' tests that they'd already taken. Seriously... I am not making that up.
  • flyingwrite
    Options
    My Maine Coon cat will literally fight me for peas. Yes, peas. Weirdest cat ever.
  • sugarbomb83
    sugarbomb83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My dog doesn't eat much! She is so picky about her food and treats... I wish she'd eat more!
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I had post partum after my son was born & was taking Prozac. One day I noticed my usually extremely hyper dog was acting normal, just laying down acting like a normal dog. I found the empty prescription bottle under the bed. He was ok after I took vets directions & induced vomiting by giving him hydrogen peroxide. Which he drank voluntarily lol.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The crotch out of all my favorite panties, jammies and shorts. Only my favorites. Only the crotch. *sigh*

Our Buddy does that to my son's pajamas and undies...only my son's
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have had so many dogs to eat so many things. Where should I begin?...

I once had a dog that ate an entire batch of Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. We had placed the pan of cookies inside the dining room, on top of the table -- with all of the chairs around the table and the doors closed. Somehow, while we were away from the house, she managed to open the door, jump on the table and eat all of the cookies -- except for 1. We thought she would surely die. She, however, lived for 6 more years. She never even got sick from that one time.

Last year, I had a dog who propped up on the table, knocked over my closed Diabetic kit, got it open and chewed on some of the individual needles. She didn't eat any, though... she just chewed on a few. I think she learned her lesson when one stuck her. I found just a tiny amount of blood on one.

I now have a dog, who chews on anything she can get her teeth around: socks, feet, hands, more socks. If we waste the money on a toy, she literally has it chewed to shreds in less than an hour. It doesn't matter if it's plastic, leather, or stuffing. She has even ate an entire couch (except for the frame, of course -- and she tried to eat it). The weird thing -- she'll chew up everything BUT our other dog's toys. She seems to know if the toy belongs to the other dog, and she won't touch it. And, when she knaws on our hands or feet, she's gentle about it... she want bite hard. She never leaves a mark.

These are just a few stories. I have had many other things chewed up: including phone chargers (while still plugged into the wall), TV remotes, etc....
  • salubriousliving
    Options
    his own throw up... or pee. he licks other dogs pee on the pavement! it's so gross, and his tongue sticks out for awhile as if it's stuck like that or something
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    We have a boxer. They're notoriously a bit..um...I don't want to say stupid..but he is definitely not the brightest crayon in the box.

He gets anxious and destructive at times (as MANY boxers do when they get bored) and has eaten (not just chewed) the following:

Part of our couch
    bars of soap
    a whole bunch of bananas WITH the peels
    an avocado (minus the pit)
    half a pack of fireworks
    1.5 dozen pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes that I made for my coworkers (a day which shall live in Infamy...now only referred to as "the cupcake incident")
    An entire loaf of bread

Among many MANY others which I just can't remember. He only does this when we are at work...or in the case of "the cupcake incident", when I am out and my husband is asleep in the next room.

Bad news bears.
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    I have had so many dogs to eat so many things. Where should I begin?...

I once had a dog that ate an entire batch of Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. We had placed the pan of cookies inside the dining room, on top of the table -- with all of the chairs around the table and the doors closed. Somehow, while we were away from the house, she managed to open the door, jump on the table and eat all of the cookies -- except for 1. We thought she would surely die. She, however, lived for 6 more years. She never even got sick from that one time.

Last year, I had a dog who propped up on the table, knocked over my closed Diabetic kit, got it open and chewed on some of the individual needles. She didn't eat any, though... she just chewed on a few. I think she learned her lesson when one stuck her. I found just a tiny amount of blood on one.

I now have a dog, who chews on anything she can get her teeth around: socks, feet, hands, more socks. If we waste the money on a toy, she literally has it chewed to shreds in less than an hour. It doesn't matter if it's plastic, leather, or stuffing. She has even ate an entire couch (except for the frame, of course -- and she tried to eat it). The weird thing -- she'll chew up everything BUT our other dog's toys. She seems to know if the toy belongs to the other dog, and she won't touch it. And, when she knaws on our hands or feet, she's gentle about it... she want bite hard. She never leaves a mark.

These are just a few stories. I have had many other things chewed up: including phone chargers (while still plugged into the wall), TV remotes, etc....

OH... and if anyone wants to read more of what this crazy dog does (the one in my picture, and the one that eats everything), just read the following blog. She is very mischevious. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AmberJo1984/view/the-personal-trainer-from-hell-421745....
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    Everything! The worst was probably an entire comforter (and everything else that was on top of it) that he pulled into his cage.

Or when my other dog ate an entire bottle of midol with seriously no ill effects...she has a stomach made of steel

My dog also eats comforters. I forgot to add that to my previous post. Almost every morning, I wake up to comforter stuffing all around me, and new holes in the sheets.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I had a Doberman a zillion years ago and that dog ate everything. He ate an entire towel once (maybe the size of a dish towel). When he barfed it up, it was still intact. :noway:
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    I had a black lab who ate a facial tissue and a stick of gum, wrapper and all, in the car on the way to get neutered. I told them he wasn't exactly NPO for the surgery and the whole thing went just fine.

Our older dog will regularly grab 1 tissue out of the box on the coffee table, and then lay it on the floor. It usually only has 1 or two holes in it. It's almost as if she is trying to blow her nose. LOL. :laugh:
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    He ate an entire child's birthday cake, while we were all in the other room. The poor 6-year old didn't get a cake that year. He wasn't sick at all, but he pooped blue for days.

He also ate an entire bottle of antibiotics he stole from the kitchen counter. He stayed at the vet for observation, but was fine and didn't throw them up or anything.

The cat also stole drugs from another cat while inside his cage at the vet's office. They stopped him before he could actually eat them.

My pets are drug addicts.
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My cat LOVES Edamame shells..it's like catnip. When we eat edamame we have to keep a close eye on the trash!! He also loves eating plant leaves!!