My dog ate ...

Options

Replies

• skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    My Beagle ate two couches. TWO COUCHES. ALL of the stuffing was ripped out.

He's eaten everything pretty much. Milk cartons, soda bottles, bag of reese's pieces, permanent marker (all over my fiance's mothers nice new comforter), cat food cans, tampons, cereal boxes, and he get's into the garbage ALL THE TIME.

Your dog must be related to mine! lol. Everything has to be kept up at all times. I came home one day and found the loveseat ripped apart and the big dog had moved it into another room.

My lab mix is the one who chews so much, she is still young. All my blankets have holes and I couldn't tell you when the last time I wore matching socks was. I buy stuffed femur bones to satisfy her chewing urge.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My dog ate... a big piece of plastic frisbee, then buried the evidence.

The next day, we were driving down the road, he defacated in the car, then promptly jumped out of the window of the moving vehicle (30 mph) to finish his bowel movement in the grass.

(For those of you who might be interested to know, he was fine, minus a few pretty good scrapes. After completing his bowel movement, he happily trotted back to me and got right back in the car, ready to play. I, on the other hand, still deal with some serious anxiety about taking him in the car with me anywhere without A. his seatbelt, B. having the windows rolled up and C. having the child locks turned on.)

This dog makes Marley look like a saint.
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    <<<<That crazy dog eats everything: Broccoli, watermelon, lettuce, ice, rocks, towels, dirt, plastic, paper, glass. He ate two inches off of a thick leather belt in under 2 minutes. If I get waylaid by a neighbor on our walks, I have to keep him away from their trees, because he will eat all of the bark off them. He's so bad that he can't have the run of the house if no one is there. Luke is unlike any other dog I've ever had. My fault, I guess, for buying a clearance dog. :ohwell:
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    My Schnauzer ate a sewing kit once, he actually passed the needle with the thread still attached. Unbelievable.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My dog's still pretty young and therefore I still worry my a55 off about him:

Firelighters
    A glass tumbler (fortunately he did not swallow much)
    A pack of cigarette rolling papers
    Every newspaper that comes through the front door

He's still only 6 months so I think there may be more to add to the list in time :P
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    A box of rat poison, no joke. He didn't even throw up! Dog was a trooper

But other than that, all of my dogs have eaten socks, underwear (swallowing them whole), hair ties etc. We always find them intact in piles of poo :(
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The crotch out of all my favorite panties, jammies and shorts. Only my favorites. Only the crotch. *sigh*
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My dog doesn't eat anything that isn't considered food. That being said, he is the best counter surfer there ever was. One time, he ate two pounds of partially thawed hamburger patties. Went outside for a minute, came back in to find he found the buns. He was so full!! It was kind of comical.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

He's eaten everything pretty much. Milk cartons, soda bottles, bag of reese's pieces, permanent marker (all over my fiance's mothers nice new comforter), cat food cans, tampons, cereal boxes, and he get's into the garbage ALL THE TIME.

Your dog must be related to mine! lol. Everything has to be kept up at all times. I came home one day and found the loveseat ripped apart and the big dog had moved it into another room.

My lab mix is the one who chews so much, she is still young. All my blankets have holes and I couldn't tell you when the last time I wore matching socks was. I buy stuffed femur bones to satisfy her chewing urge.

They must be related :)
    We were in Florida for a week, but we had a vet tech stay with him for the week (which worked out good because it was close to her job) and she was afraid to tell us he did it, she didn't want to ruin our vacation. I think my poor baby was nervous that we weren't coming back!

We always have to have the garbage up, and even the recycling, he chews on bottles and boxes.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

Beagle <3

I love my Beagle<3 He's my baby.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    Brillo pads, a phone book, a large pack of crayons, a T-shirt.... my dog ate anything and everytihng as a puppy. He used to chew on our steak knives. We made lots of trips to the emergency vet but now he is older and we no longer have this problem.
  • emnk5308
    Options
    My dog likes to eat:
    Panties :explode: and socks.. and I think she has gotten hold of a bra.. she also likes: apples, cucumbers, celery, baby carrots.... toilet paper, hemp!, and yarn, altoids, hummus...

I've got the strangest little doggie :heart:
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The first cat my husband and I used to have loved cantaloupe. We would come in the house with one and he knew what it was. The cat we have now loves asparagus and artichokes. At least they eat healthy lol.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    My dog ate... a big piece of plastic frisbee, then buried the evidence.

The next day, we were driving down the road, he defacated in the car, then promptly jumped out of the window of the moving vehicle (30 mph) to finish his bowel movement in the grass.

(For those of you who might be interested to know, he was fine, minus a few pretty good scrapes. After completing his bowel movement, he happily trotted back to me and got right back in the car, ready to play. I, on the other hand, still deal with some serious anxiety about taking him in the car with me anywhere without A. his seatbelt, B. having the windows rolled up and C. having the child locks turned on.)

This dog makes Marley look like a saint.

Oh my god, my dog did this once too. And what's worse is that he RAN up to this (terrified) native american family with two children... to this day they think we're racist because our dog ran towards them and not all the white people
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    We had a dog that loved electrical wires...plugged in and all. It amazed me that he didn't kill himself or burn down the house! Also, our first dog got a whole roast beef. I had to take the next day off of work bc of the havoc that reeked on his bowels! :frown:

My mom's dog, however gets into all sorts of stuff: dentures, chewing gum, playdoh, crayons. Those last couple make for some pretty colorful do!:tongue:
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My Dane loved bourbon&Coke, Martini's and whole chicken's off the counter! He's gone now but we sure have laughed about catching him drinking from DH's mug.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    My dog doesn't eat things... he's just a hoarder. He steals things and takes them back to his bed. Socks, underwear, hairbrushes, flashlights, 3# dumbbells, anything he can lift.

But working at a vet's office, I saw some doozies. The most amazing in one episode was the Airedale who ate 50 FEET of christmas garland. She didn't have surgery to remove it at our hospital - she had to go to the e-vet for that, because pets have an amazing knack for getting sick on weekends and holidays, but her followups were with us.

I saw xrays of dogs who ate razor blades and those u-shaped nails that look like giant staples. Labs, mostly. Labs eat the dumbest stuff.

Another's chart (not a lab... I think he was a Pointer) was filled with reports of things the owner saw the dog eat or found in the dog's poop. Oven mitts, socks, houseplants, an entire loaf of bread including the bag, a tube of neosporin... found inside the bread bag in the poop... The owner once called in a panic because she gave the dog a nearly empty 16oz jar of peanut butter to lick and couldn't find it. Asking if he could have eaten it. With any other dog, we'd have said no! But it turns out, her son threw the jar away when the dog was done. "First time that kid has EVER picked up trash in his life, and he almost gave me a heart attack!" :laugh: At least it was before we did xrays or anything.

Another call went along the lines of this, "We had workers in the house, and they liked the dog, because, you know... everyone likes him, and... one gave him a sausage. A small german sausage, not an italian sausage. And, I was just checking his poop, because, well, you know how he is, and... it looks like he passed the sausage, completely undigested. Is that possible?!"

How I ever kept a straight face during that call, how I managed to say the following words before laughing, still amazes me, "Let me check with the doctor, could you hold please????" :laugh:

We asked her to bring the "sausage" in to be examined, but she never did. I think she finally realized it was just poop.

Sadly, yet amazingly, the dog died of cancer at an advanced age. Not from any kind of blockage, and he never had to have surgery.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    What is the oddest thing you dog has eaten?

According to my 5 yo, my dog ate one of the hamburgers from his Pop The Pig game on Saturday. Ugh.

41vkX5gcfTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • tracymnx
    Options
    We had a springer spaniel who used to eat everything, he especially loved jay cloths, table corners, sanitary pads and tampons, the heels off high heel shoes and - the best one - the gusset from worn panties. One christmas he ate 3 family size boxes of chocolates which we stupidly left under the tree, paper, wrappers and all. He was completely fine afterwards. Unfortunately we had to put him down because he had a lot of old age related illnesses which couldnt be treated any longer, but he lived to 19 so his weird eating habits didnt affect him!

We have had dogs since, including 2 we have now. The worst they have eated are:- plastic bottles, dead rotting rats (we live in Africa so its not uncommon to find one sometimes in the garden), banana skins, other dogs turds, frogs and a whole dark chocolate torte which was cooling in the kitchen. That was very sad as we had bought most of the ingredients overseas!

Dogs, you have to love them!!
  • shezzamess
    Options
    I have a miniature Dauchsand and the little stinker loves my coffee!! I can not leave it unattended for a minute or she has her nose in my mug!!