My dog ate ...

Options

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My cairn terrier(think Toto), ate his way up my couch from under it. I was sitting in it and all of a sudden I feel the couch being eaten from under me.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My cairn terrier(think Toto), ate his way up my couch from under it. I was sitting in it and all of a sudden I feel the couch being eaten from under me.

JmFrM.jpg
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    1/2 a Snickers bar. First thing i know you are thinking is what are you doing with a Snickers bar in the house while being on MFP. Well i'll tell you, i had poor self discipline yesterday afternoon and went a little nuts with my lunch, had a meatball sub with chips and Snickers bar, don't judge. :)

My dog seems fine, a few years back he had a 1/4 of a plate of brownies (counter surfing for that one) talked to the doc and they said the chocolate that is really bad for them is the baking chocolate, candy, cookies and such isn't that bad cause it has a bunch of other stuff in with it.

What is the oddest thing you dog has eaten?

Keep an eye on the dog, because chocolate is toxic for them.

The oddest thing our dog has eaten? We once had a male pitbull/shepherd mix and a female chihuhua mix. Peewee (the female) was in heat, and Swaps was interested. Mom put Peewee in a closed room so Swaps would leave her alone. Swaps ate through a door casing and baseboard trying to get to Peewee. My parents were NOT happy.

We started referring to Swaps as 'the furry termite' after that.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    1/2 a chocolate bunny, 3 packs of snack sized twizzlers, two rice cakes and most of a box of reduced fat wheat thins. Oh! And some turkey jerky.

All in one go. It was not pretty cleaning it up.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My Hydro bill - and yes I still had to pay it... :(

Interesting explanation: "Sorry, I don't have the hydro bill--my dog ate it."
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My dog crunched on my cell phone within the first week of having her home. She broke it and I had to replace it at full price because I was only a year in to my contract. She has also dined on an entire loaf of cheddar/garlic bread, various bits of garbage and a tub of french onion dip. She does not discriminate! :)
  • suckerlove
    Options
    A sock
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had a bassad hound once that had an m&m obsession. He would sit at the cabinet you put them in and not more till you gave him one. The worst though was when he ate a big (and I mean big) bowl of Mary Jane's wrappers and all. Didn't make him sick thank goodness.
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a kitten now that eats paper. She actually ate my son's history report. I had to take the shreds to school and beg the teacher to give us another day or two to rewrite it.
  • sadein
    Options
    black lab - sofa, chair, 3 pairs of glasses, Blackberry, the wall... I could go on.
    dalmatian - a costco size bag of miniature Hershey bars (wrappers and all), a glass baking dish full of enchiladas (glass and all), my daughter's "stash".

I hope my vet's son enjoys the college I'm putting him through.
  • irishchick874
    Options
    My puggle love's plastic hangers. He also as ate a matchbox car one time. He's an *kitten*
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    boxer found some marijuana!
    (NOT MINE)

we walk to starbucks every morning and when i came out, saw her munching away on this bag full o weed
    someone was really bummed that they lost that!
    and I was really bummed that my dog was going to be high all day ~ didnt actually seem to phase her though ~ I was kinda hoping for something. ;)
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well, I've never had a dog, but my cat was obsessed with microwave nacho cheese. I remember eating it in a room with the door closed while he pounded and howled, demanding cheese!

I had a cat who would kill any thing for Nacho Cheese Doritos.

I have a dog who goes insane for donuts. A different dog that adores everything except apples. And an old dog who runs (amazingly) to cheese.
  • meghanp92
    Options
    I once made the mistake of leaving my backpack unzipped downstairs with my puppy. He ate everything! A whole pack of gum, the ends of my headphones, half a mechanical pencil, a tube of chapstick, etc. I was worried about him getting sick but he seemed to be just fine!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My students' homework!!! True story.

My first year of teaching I left a pile of papers on the floor and when I came back from my run the dog had shredded the pile! The kids thought it was hilarious, and I decided to give everyone one free "the dog ate my homework" pass after that one. :laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    1/2 a Snickers bar. First thing i know you are thinking is what are you doing with a Snickers bar in the house while being on MFP. Well i'll tell you, i had poor self discipline yesterday afternoon and went a little nuts with my lunch, had a meatball sub with chips and Snickers bar, don't judge. :)

My dog seems fine, a few years back he had a 1/4 of a plate of brownies (counter surfing for that one) talked to the doc and they said the chocolate that is really bad for them is the baking chocolate, candy, cookies and such isn't that bad cause it has a bunch of other stuff in with it.

What is the oddest thing you dog has eaten?

Keep an eye on the dog, because chocolate is toxic for them.

The oddest thing our dog has eaten? We once had a male pitbull/shepherd mix and a female chihuhua mix. Peewee (the female) was in heat, and Swaps was interested. Mom put Peewee in a closed room so Swaps would leave her alone. Swaps ate through a door casing and baseboard trying to get to Peewee. My parents were NOT happy.

We started referring to Swaps as 'the furry termite' after that.

He said that he talked to the vet when he ate chocolate first. It's chocolate in huge quantities that's deadly. Like if a Chihuahua ate a pound of chocolate the dog would die.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My great aunt got a Chihuahua/Pekingese mix a couple of years ago, and was in need of a collar. I only had cat collars, but gave her a pretty pink one since she couldn't take the pup to the vet without it. I think she had that collar for total of three days, because she called me not a week later and said the puppy had chewed AND eaten the thing right in front of her. Sigh. It was such a cute collar.

She is now a slightly obese adult, who, despite her size, is very active and hyper. She kills rabbits and squirrels that come out of the creek bank.
  • jeffnjack
    Options
    OK..where to begin. At least 6 pot holders, numerous socks & underwear, a box of kleenex, toilet paper, several squeakers out of her toys, the stuffing from said toys, a whole loaf of bread, a whole package of hot dog buns, a few birds, bird seed ( very interesting when she pooped), every flower that ever dared to blossom in the yard, and goose pooh! She's a black lab and has never needed surgery. She did, however, need to see the vet when she decided to lick the chain saw. Sigh. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the camera & cell phone.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    One of my cats likes mango. Another LOVES bread, cake... sugar. And the 3rd cat likes pasta, potatoes & popcorn. They each have very distinct personalities and tastes. Very different.
  • tinamwaits
    Options
    My dog ate a tampon once and I had to take her to vet so they could... ummm... remove it... it was the most embarrasing experience ever! She also ate a whole bag of tootsie pops. She just ate the candy. There were wrappers and sticks all over my house when I came home.