Eat Healthy; Get Fit; Lose 100+ New Group 1st Weigh in Jan.

Options

Replies

• marlemcdougal
    marlemcdougal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I missed last weeks weigh in, but this week I am 197.5 down 5 lbs. Unfortunately, I had the stomach flu yesterday so I'll probably gain it back in the next couple of days. My goal is to stay at this weight for next weeks weigh in.
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! I am wondering if you are still taking newbies! I have been doing MFP for 4 weeks now. I have lost a total of 9 lbs so far. I would love to have a group that I check in with once a week!

Here are my stats:
    01/05/10-- 241lbs
    01/08/10--239 lbs
    01/15/10--236 lbs
    01/22/10--234 lbs
    01/29/10--232 lbs

Thanks in advance for keeping me motivated!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Looking good everyone-

i will wait until later tomorrow to post the chart. hopefully we'll have heard from a couple of folks who didn't get posted today.
    i will continue to clean up the list. amazingly, we have had more than 35 people stop by to chat & express an interest in joining us. (i guess cause we're so awesome!!)

obviously, they have not all been back. if we haven't heard from someone for a while (like 3 posts) i will be dropping them- unless they've given us a heads up (for instance: "hey, i'll be traveling the next couple of weeks, i'll check in when i get home"). if they do come back we can add them back in to the group anytime. but some folks don't continue with mfp, or get involved in other groups on other threads.

if this doesn't sound reasonable, make another suggestion.
    And yes, i will be adding both goaliemom & pinkhocky, new this week.

keep going, i think we're winning -katie
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

if this doesn't sound reasonable, make another suggestion.

Katie- Seems reasonable to me. Thank you again for maintaining the chart! Enjoy your weekend.

-Nicole
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh Kaaaatiiiieee! I am expecting a weight increase after my first 5k today, so I decided to weigh myself beforehand. I dropped another 1.6 lbs! My new weight is 218.4
    Please note :)

P.S. that's a total of 3.4 lbs lost for the week.
  • katielouhoo
    Options
    well- here's another week. :flowerforyou: i did leave both becca & lbgoddess in, even though this is the 3rd time they have not checked in.
    i also managed to get total lbs lost & overall percentage at the bottom. :bigsmile: How awesome is that in just one month, we have lost over 160 lbs. we totally rock!!!! i really think it helps me stayed focused to see it printed weekly.
    congratulations everyone. as usual, let me know if there are errors.
    :drinker: katie

weight1-30.jpg
  • mhagoaliemom
    Options
    Thanks Katie for figuring that all out! :bigsmile: It is very motivating to see it like that. Thank you for taking the time to do it!:flowerforyou:

Andee
  • Changes4Life
    Options
    Hello all! :happy:

I wanted to join this specific blog in the hopes like you all that I could lose the 100 lbs. I need to lose.

Here is a little about me:
    My name is Jennifer. I am 34 years old and have a wonderful husband and two teenage kids, 14 and 18. My family just moved from the wonderful state of Alaska to Indiana. My husband was in the military and was medically retired and so we moved for work reasons. I miss my military family, but am glad that I am around my family now as well. I want to lose this weight for good, and want this to be the beginning of the rest of my life. This site in the past 6 days now has done more not just for my health but for me than I could have imagined. I hope I can join you all in trying to lose the big 100.

Thanks all! Have a good weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • mhagoaliemom
    Options
    I agree with you Jennifer! I have been on for 16 days now & I don't think I've ever been so motivated before. I KNOW this time is different for us! We miss you guys!
  • katielouhoo
    Options
    welcome Jennifer:smile: - we'd be glad to have you join us. We weigh in on Fridays (but you could go ahead and tell us what your starting weight is now.) as you can see, if you look back through the posts, i have been helping us keep track of how we are progressing by creating a weekly chart that shows how much we've lost.

i'd be glad to add you in next time, just stay in touch here. :flowerforyou: -katie
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    hiya sorry im late weighing in it always seems to be a sunday for me, sorry if i make your chart awkward katie, but im glad you take the time to do it keeps me motivated seeing the numbers!:flowerforyou:

anyway down to business...iv lost 2lbs new weight 246lb! really pleased with that because it was time of the month and was a hard week for me so woohoo!:smile:

heather x
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    hiya sorry im late weighing in it always seems to be a sunday for me, sorry if i make your chart awkward katie, but im glad you take the time to do it keeps me motivated seeing the numbers!:flowerforyou:

anyway down to business...iv lost 2lbs new weight 246lb! really pleased with that because it was time of the month and was a hard week for me so woohoo!:smile:

heather x

Great JOB!

And Katie thanks for doing the chart for us!

Hope everyone has a great week! Hugs!
  • Changes4Life
    Options
    Ok....my starting weight (just started Monday)
    Start - 253 1/25
    Goal weight - 130

Andee I agree this is the last of our same old same old. I think the Yo Yo diet stuff is a thing of the past. This feels different in many ways.

Jennifer
  • Brandywithrow
    Options
    Hey I'm just wondering if any of you have every tried the sou diet? I had a bad eat weekend and wanted to flush out my system So I made some for the week! I have tried the diet before and with no exercise I lost 10 pounds so am going to try it this week and bought lots and fresh fruit and veggies and meats. Has anyone else tried this diet?
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm just wondering if any of you have every tried the sou diet? I had a bad eat weekend and wanted to flush out my system So I made some for the week! I have tried the diet before and with no exercise I lost 10 pounds so am going to try it this week and bought lots and fresh fruit and veggies and meats. Has anyone else tried this diet?
    never heard of it.
  • Brandywithrow
    Options
    http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8378151.aspx

This is what I'm talking about I have done it in the past with my exercise and had good results, not something I would do all the time but just trying to flush out my system and lose a few pounds to get my motivation back!
  • Changes4Life
    Options
    Here are my numbers because I didn't get to weigh in until this morning. Sooooooo excited!!!

Starting weight 253 1/25/10
    2/1/10 weight - 248
    Total lost = 5 lbs.

5 pounds in a week. I know it won't always be that good of a loss but I am happy. I will start from this point forward making sure to get you my numbers on Sunday. Was out of town though so couldn't do it until this morning. Thanks!
  • Changes4Life
    Options
    Nevermind...ignore this. I forgot you guys weigh in on Friday. I weigh in on Sunday's so I will have to figure this out so that I can stay in this post with you all. Hmmmm....I will think of something.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Nevermind...ignore this. I forgot you guys weigh in on Friday. I weigh in on Sunday's so I will have to figure this out so that I can stay in this post with you all. Hmmmm....I will think of something.

Post whenever you like. Congrats on the 5lbs that is fantastic! Enjoy your week!!!
  • Hi all-- it's Becca 2010 here, back again with a different name. I (stupidly) quit MFP a few weeks back because I was spending too much time on here instead of doing other things. Sorry for not saying goodbye, it was rude. I had just ended a longterm relationship, was trying to sell a house (still am), getting settled in a new smaller place, and going back and forth across town between places... just got a bit overwhelmed.

ANYWAY, after leaving here, January turned out to be a bit of a bust diet-wise, and so I am BACK amongst you wonderful supportive people and starting over today, February 1st, weighing in at 303.4.

Katie, if you could erase all my prior info on the chart and start me from scratch at 303.4, that would be great. I love the chart idea. : )

Becca