Christian Grey....

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    We talking bout the books that came to existance as twilight fan-fiction? I am all for BDSM, I trully am, I am all for more saucy books. I am. But there is not one word in "Twilight fan-fiction" sentence that I can like. I suspended my disbelieve for twilight books, I aint hurting my brain with this too.I get my sexy from Henry Millers writing f.e, or Anaïs Nin when i feel pretencious.

I generaly discovered that giving in into book hype is in 80% of cases a bad idea. Oh god Dan Brown, that..unexisting plot, oh god , bad literature hurts all life :(

Edit : Damn you double-negative, damn you to hell.

Was this originally called the secret room? Because as a member of the BDSM community (not a horny housewife) that fan fict was great and really explained BDSM relationships well. I can't bring myself to read the book now that the hype it has discredited my lifestyle. :laugh:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    ...is an emotionally abusive psychopath from the worst "novel" I've ever had the displeasure of getting halfway through.

Just sayin'

You read more than I did. I made it a few pages when my brain started protesting the horrors of the words forced together awkwardly on the pages. It wasn't a novel, it was a word hostage situation.
    internet-memes-dethroned-by-its-own-fan-fiction.jpg
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I love erotic literature but can't get through those books. I'd much rather read Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty Trilogy.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    is driving me crazy!

When I first read this I thought it said "Christian Grey is driving Miss Daisy"

Which is wrong on so many levels...

Now THAT i would read!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ...is an emotionally abusive psychopath from the worst "novel" I've ever had the displeasure of getting halfway through.

Just sayin'

You got farther than I did.

I was on PMS when I tried....note tried...to read the first book....I threw it actually lol

Found nothing attractive about a character like Christian Grey....emotionally challenged, control freak....no, HECK NO
    I'd tell a guy like that to go *kitten* himself haha
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'll just drop this nugget of awesome here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215

Pretty much summed up my thoughts on this book.

The problem with that review is that it makes me want to read the books so I can laugh at them. And I don't want the publisher getting any of my money!!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    All I have to say about this book is the following:

That one bathroom scene :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Also, I'm infuriated that, if I can't find someone from whom to borrow the other 2 books, that I have to buy them to find out what happens. I'm already pissed that I spent money on the first book :grumble: :angry:
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think it didn't accurately portray the scene as I know it. Besides, it was written at something like an 8th grade level.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I think it didn't accurately portray the scene as I know it. Besides, it was written at something like an 8th grade level.

If that's eighth grade level, eighth graders have gotten a lot dumber since I was 14.
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Just sayin'

THIS!!!! I have 1 chapter left and I want to punch the author in the face for feeding this crap to women! The Christian Grey character is mentally F**KED and even tells Anastasia he is, but the author basically tells the reader "its ok if you fall in love with an *kitten*, because DEEP DOWN they are really struggling with something and they REALLY want to be better, so just deal with him hitting you until he's figured it out"....Every time I pick this book up it makes me angry....i wont even get into the annoyance of the "inner godess" BS....

and if you are asking why a man is reading trashy romance, it BC everyone is raving about this book and my little sister was telling me how is made her blush, so I had to see what all the hype was about. I'm so pissed she read this crap...
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

Just sayin'

You got farther than I did.

I was on PMS when I tried....note tried...to read the first book....I threw it actually lol

Found nothing attractive about a character like Christian Grey....emotionally challenged, control freak....no, HECK NO
    I'd tell a guy like that to go *kitten* himself haha

I'm too tired to form a sentence so :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    644124_359191574162617_1999984767_n.jpg
  • jdressel
    Options

If that's eighth grade level, eighth graders have gotten a lot dumber since I was 14.

Haha. That's fair. I felt like typing "6th grade", but thought maybe I was being too harsh.
  • rml_16
    Options

I need that sign. I would have much fun with it.
  • jdressel
    Options

I LOVE that! I shared that on FB. :)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    ... he's not real.

What do you mean I am not real? I'm right here! Now get on your knees and ask for forgiveness
  • rml_16
    Options

Haha. That's fair. I felt like typing "6th grade", but thought maybe I was being too harsh.

I may not be the best person for judging, since I was watching and understanding Shakespeare when I was 5 (I may barely be able to add 2+2, but English is my thing!), but Alice in Wonderland is written much better and at a much higher level than 50 Shades, and I read that when I was 7, so about second grade.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    ... he's not real.

What do you mean I am not real? I'm right here! Now get on your knees and ask for forgiveness

Make me.
  • jdressel
    Options

I may not be the best person for judging, since I was watching and understanding Shakespeare when I was 5 (I may barely be able to add 2+2, but English is my thing!), but Alice in Wonderland is written much better and at a much higher level than 50 Shades, and I read that when I was 7, so about second grade.

Oh, Carroll was brilliant! "Don't step on the mome raths."
  • jdressel
    Options
    --deleted--