WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY

Options

Replies

• weebles
    weebles Posts: 50
    Options
    :bigsmile: Thanks Swissmiss!! I appreciate the input.

I guess I'm just the opposite. I would rather not exercise in a crowd or with other people. We have a Wii now so I am checking out the different weight loss programs to go with it. I just need to make sure I get a variety to do!
  • debieanne
    Options
    Good morning everyone.. well we made it the first week of school after christmas vacation.. i did a lot of moving things around and was able to put the living room a good way so i can do wii and tapes... i have been fitting in all week a lot of 10 min workouts now this week i will spend more time.. i have six weeks to go before our feb vacation and i would like to be a little bit more slimmer six mths ago i was hoping to be a lot slimmer any way this is now time i have had a pair of white skinny jeans hagging on my door and i try them on and i am happy to say yes the were a bit tight but i was able to zip and fasten the button and i could not six mths ago.. they were my vacation look at pants now i will be able to were them wow.. that feels so good we are going on a carnival cruise it took two years to save and plan for we are so getting excited... we are taking our four youger children and two grandchildren 10 yrs 13-14-16-17-18- did i say i was going on vacation hum with six children oh i didnt think about that until i just shared there ages no it will be fun hubby and i are so looking forward ok everyone have a nice morning .. lovev debieanne and family (momof10)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :happy: Good Morning!:happy:

weebles:happy: -I'm with you. I'd rather work out by myself than in a class full of people. I think I concentrate more on what I'm doing!

debieanne-:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Six kids with you on vacation! :laugh: Actually it sounds like a lot of fun. Aren't there all kinds of supervised (and fun!:happy: ) activities on those cruises? You might not even know the kids are with you!:laugh:

I'm going to get my morning workout done. :happy: Have a good day everyone. I'll most likely be back later to check in.

Kathy(pmjsmom)
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: (i'm drinking my water!)
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: As I read through the last few posts, I am reminded that today is all I have and I need to do all the things I know I should do today: drink my water, exercise, watch what I put in my mouth...That way I know I will do what I should and I leave the results up to the Lord, He is my strength when it comes down to it. Hope you all have a good day!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Aisser – Two days is a great start because now you know you can do it! Just take one day at a time.

Renny – You are so right. It is time to get serious. It sounds like you are having a good beginning to a healthy new year.

Becky – When I first started out I had to be a class or with others, but after 2 years of exercising the positive effects have become motivation in themselves. There are still some things I won’t do on my own like swimming laps or walking at work, but I use my Wii Fit 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes on my own.

Weebles – there is a Wii forum that I’m in and they can probably help you with feedback on the different Wii DVDs. Check out your local rental places for any that you might be able to rent first.

Debieanne- That cruise will be worth it. You’ve lost a lot already, so I know you can do it.

Barbie and Barb - Have a great time meeting up! We can't wait to hear all about it.

I'm off today to run kids around to doctor appointments (follow up stuff, no new illnesses). Hastings buys used DVDs so I'm selling all my old workout DVDs that I bought and don't like and I'm going to come home with a new one. I did a Jillian Michaels workout profile on line and with all my injuries it suggested power walking dvds and no strength training. So I will probably get one of the walking DVDs (Leslie ?) that many of you use and like so much.

Have a great day all,

Jeannie
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Argh!!! :explode: I exercised and stuck with only fruit nuts and veggies for a whole week and only have a 1 pound overall loss to show for it. Just doesn't seem right! Normally eating that way I can lose a pound every few days. :ohwell:

The only consolation is my target areas measure smaller. So I'm choosing to focus on the plus side: I FEEL energized getting all that rich holiday food out of my system. :happy: Looks like these last 20 pounds may be the hardest to get off...

I'm still having to absolutely FORCE myself to exercise on these cold gray days, where before I looked forward to it. I need some sun! :glasses: Or an exercise buddy... Not much chance of either any time soon.
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies....I'm back !!! Went to visit family for the holidays and really went overboard on my SIL's homecandy candies. Wouldn't weigh in when I got back but I weighed in today. I am one pound heavier than I was before Christmas. I know I gained 4 - 5 pounds over the holidays, so I'm happy to report that I'm ONLY one pound heavier at this point. :drinker: :drinker:

So many new members......welcome to all. Haven't had a chance to get caught up on all the posts, just kind of skimmed through.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Suezzzque: Your new picture looks great. Congrats on achieving your December goals.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Mamacindy81: Your posts caught my eye because you are the only "Southern Gal" I've noticed on this site. I live in Bowling Green, KY.....my husband is from Southern MS. It was amuzing to hear someone else use the term "grand youngins". Hadn't heard that until I met my husband. He has some of the "strangest" sayings.....so funny. Anyway, welcome aboard. Look forward to chatting with another southerner.

:cry: :cry: As for everyone else, I'm sorry I don't have time to respond individually. Congrats to all who achieved your goals and good luck for January.

:sad: :sad: For those of us who didn't, let's get our mojo back !!!
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Well, a short while ago I came in from doing an hour of exercise outside. Today it looks like I live inside of a Snow Globe. There isn't any wind out (thank goodness) and the snow is coming down in big, fluffy flakes. It's actually quite pretty to look at.

So I got myself all bundled up and put my heart rate monitor on and away I went. This time on my walk I encountered two other walkers. I realized that as each of us passed the other we were both smiling and said very cheery hello's to one another. I thought, okay, we're out here walking in the cold and snow and yet we are all very cheerful.

One walker was a woman probably around my age (I wonder if she is on this thread). The other walker was an elderly gentleman (I see him walk past my house everyday), he is probably in his 80's, at least. He is hunched over with osteoporosis. Yet he walks every day, regardless of the weather and was quite content to walk in the snow.

Hmmm....I'm thinking that the combination of the fresh air, natural light and exercise lifts our spirits. Well this is encouraging!

My walk around my neighborhood took 30 minutes, when I got back to my driveway I saw we had about 6" of snow on the driveway since yesterday. I had this sudden interest in shoveling the driveway. Me, wanting to clear the snow! Wow! I had this energy and actually wanted to do this for 30 more minutes.

When I added up the 30 minute walk with the 30 minutes of shoveling the driveway, I realized that I had been outside for 60 minutes. My monitor told me that I had burned 356 calories.

356 calories!! Woo Hoo!

I feel really good about what I did today and just wanted to share it with you.

I hope everyone has a great day today!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well this fine wintry day!

As I said before I think I have finally made it back to the land of the living. Went out in the cold to do some grocery shopping this morning. I still have some housework to do but I am going to make myself get on the elliptical. I haven't exercised since last Saturday due to being sick. I'm like some of the others on here who have said sometimes it's like pulling teeth to make myself go & get to it. I know I'll be glad I did afterward.

Debbie, great going on taking the walk in this freezing weather and for being inspired to do some shoveling when you got back.

Sheliajane: glad to see you back too! Yes, we southern girls do have a certain way of putting things. Louise is also from NC but I'm not sure if she is originally from around here. And also don't for get our TX gal SuzzyQ!

I'm just glad that we can all draw inspiration from each other.

Now I'm officially off to get on some workout clothes and I will report back in after I am finished. I'd love to take a walk with the dog (and I'm sure he would love to go) but it's too cold for me and I'm a wimp.

Cindy
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    WellI made it for 2 days now and did good didn't go over on my calories and did my exercises. I know that 2 days isn't much but it's a start. I just have to stay with it, and I find something to do in the other room when my nephew is eating his sweet snacks. He is 12 but he is under weight so he eats 4 meals and 2 snacks a day trying to fatten him up maybe he will get some of my weight he needs it. Thanks for listining GOOD NIGHT

First off...welcome all new members. The above, posted by Aisser, spoke to me. Just wanted to let her know that the first FOUR months of losing weight I set the same goals EVERY week:
    Log food/count calories 7 days in a row
    Exercise 30 minutes/day 7 days in a roll
    Write 1 page in journal daily/all 7 days
    Daily devotions--every day!

Now if I don't do it...my life just doesn't feel right! See old dogs can learn new tricks!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

:heart: Terri :heart:
  • arborsong
    Options
    He ate what he wanted, lost 125 pounds - here's an interesting story about weight loss and one that I can relate to --

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/01/05/fn.weightloss.weeks/index.html
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Reporting back that I did a 1.25 mile and burned 107 calories on the elliptical!

Hey Lou! I went & read the article. I'm impressed that the 24 year old guy changed his lifestyle and stopped going down the road that would have led him where he doesn't want to go. If more young people would get it at that age they too could lose an impressive amount of weight. Don't you think it is really all about what is in our heads anyway?

Teri sweet Teri with your lovable smile! That was a very encouraging post! I'm with you, if you don't do certain things then I just don't feel right!

One of the things I am going to try is to start doing my exercise in the afternoon. I am really a Morning person with a capital M. I have found that if I exercise in the AM I get that done and I feel good about myself but I am leaving other things undone. Today I have changed things around and I am surprised at how much more I have accomplished.

Hubby mentioned that we are almost out of bread so I'd better get one made. Oh, I do love my bread machine. He's happy and so am I!

Later,

cindy
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Well, a short while ago I came in from doing an hour of exercise outside. Today it looks like I live inside of a Snow Globe. There isn't any wind out (thank goodness) and the snow is coming down in big, fluffy flakes. It's actually quite pretty to look at.

So I got myself all bundled up and put my heart rate monitor on and away I went. This time on my walk I encountered two other walkers. I realized that as each of us passed the other we were both smiling and said very cheery hello's to one another. I thought, okay, we're out here walking in the cold and snow and yet we are all very cheerful.

One walker was a woman probably around my age (I wonder if she is on this thread). The other walker was an elderly gentleman (I see him walk past my house everyday), he is probably in his 80's, at least. He is hunched over with osteoporosis. Yet he walks every day, regardless of the weather and was quite content to walk in the snow.

Hmmm....I'm thinking that the combination of the fresh air, natural light and exercise lifts our spirits. Well this is encouraging!

My walk around my neighborhood took 30 minutes, when I got back to my driveway I saw we had about 6" of snow on the driveway since yesterday. I had this sudden interest in shoveling the driveway. Me, wanting to clear the snow! Wow! I had this energy and actually wanted to do this for 30 more minutes.

When I added up the 30 minute walk with the 30 minutes of shoveling the driveway, I realized that I had been outside for 60 minutes. My monitor told me that I had burned 356 calories.

356 calories!! Woo Hoo!

I feel really good about what I did today and just wanted to share it with you.

I hope everyone has a great day today!

Good girl, burning all those calories !!! I was on the treadmill today for an hour and it said I burned 450 calories !! Woo Hoo for me too !!
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Sheilajane - That is a VERY BIG WOO HOO!!!

It feels great knowing that you burned all those calories, doesn't it?

If you think about it, it's just putting one foot in front of the other.

I'm really happy for you!
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good evening ladies,:yawn: I am sitting here yawning my butt off:yawn: (which I can't afford to do since I ain't got none to begin with)
    :ohwell: It is only 7:30pm and I can't seem to keep my eyes open.:yawn:
    :flowerforyou: :happy: Today was weigh in and I am happy to report that I am 1 pound away from where I was at the beginning of November. :grumble: I had gained 13 pounds (:devil: at least that is what that rotten scale said) I went from 221 in June to 175 at the beginning of November to 188 after Christmas and am now 176.
    :brokenheart: I am so sick of snow and rain and now rain and snow. I want to go outside and walk in the sun. I don't care if it is cold, I can bundle up, but the precipitation has got to go.........:frown:
    :yawn: I don't think I have enough energy to exercise tonight, my eyes are watering and burning, I can't stop yawning, so I think I will go to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:yawn:
    Everyone have a wonderful weekend, Rose :heart: Love (((Hugs))) and Prayers
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: We're out of town for the weekend.....we had lunch in a restaurant that had nothing on the menu that would be anything close to what I wanted to eat and stay within calories so I ordered exactly what I wanted (salmon---grilled with no sauce, steamed veggies, salad with no cheese or croutons and dressing on the side) and my lunch was perfect and under 400 calories. Then I went to the hotel fitness center and walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes before I had to meet someone:bigsmile: We brought our own stuff for dinner so I'll probably end my day under my calories.

:flowerforyou: I talked to Barb on the phone this afternoon to double check our plans for dinner tomorrow. I heard her "naughty piggies" barking in the background

:flowerforyou: This is a very busy weekend for us with a lot of sitting at meetings so I probably won't post much but I wanted to say hi to everybody and read all the encouraging words you all have shared with me.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: :heart: Barbie
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie, what you had at that restaurant sounds very healthy to me. My restaurant meals are not near that good for me.

:flowerforyou: Laurelfisher Good night.

I intend on going to Zumba tomorrow morning. I truly miss it.
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Good evening everyone I did great today I stayed within my calories and got my exersise by cleaning my house and taking my Christmas stuff down(big job). That took all day started at 6:00 this morning and finished at 7:00 this evening took about 3 hours in breaks the rest of the time it was work work work.
    Kathy when is your cruise they are fun and there is a lot for the kids I took my Grandson and his cousin both 16 and my Nephew who is 12 and they had a blast.
    Terry thanks for the advise I will keep that in mind I do need all the advise I can get.
    Hope everyone has a great night: :flowerforyou: flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just thought that I would pop in and say hi. You may not hear much from me this weekend. I am spending the day tomorrow at the church making bierocks to sell, and in the evening have a job in a neighboring town. Sunday is church, then a friend bought tickets for my daughter and I to go to a chocolate fountain. The funny part is that neither one of us really likes chocolate, but it is her husband's grandma, so we feel we need to go. I laughed and told her that at least they should have fruit and it shouldn't be a diet breaker for me! However, if they have white chocolate, I will have to at least try it, but in moderation.

Have a great weekend, all!
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Friday night and Saturday morning is for relaxing at my house. It is neat to read everyone's daily notes. I read them all, watch your tickers and am totally impressed. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:happy: I did quite well this week. Stayed within my calories and exercised 4 times (which was my goal) and drank 80 oz of water almost everyday. Tomorrow will be weigh-in and I hope the scale will have moved down.

:heart: Have a good night, my friends. :heart: