WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY

Options
:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: WELCOME to the thread for Women ages 50+ (or thereabouts). Actually, all women are welcome. We are a group of women who gain support and encouragement from others who are facing some of the same challenges. This has turned out to be a very helpful tool for many. I have met many new friends on this thread. So once again, welcome!

How did you do on your goals for December? What are your goals for the month of January? This month is the one where everyone everywhere makes weight loss goals. We can be the ones who actually meet those goals. We can help each other be accountable. Visit daily to encourage and to be encouraged. We’re here for each other.

This thread and this group of women changed my life. I hope you have a similar experience. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I have a rule for myself that I have to drink a cup of water before I can log on. :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year ladies. Thanks for the new thread Barbie. My goals for the New Year are to get back on track and complete my weight loss journey. I want to reach my final goal in 2010. I will get back to eating the right foods and doing my daily exercise. I will also drink all of my water. Mostly I need to get back to tracking my food and exercise. The past few weeks I have not done this and it makes a huge difference in my daily habits. I look forward to continuing this journey with you ladies.
    While we were at my daughter's house ringing in the New Year my Son-in-law got a call that his grandmother passed away. She was in her 90's and had been ill but it was still upsetting for him. Please keep him in your prayers.
    Vicki M
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year or as another fitness pal wrote "Healthy New Year"! I am so motivated to achieve my goal this year. I have been reading the posts and am so inspired by all your stories. Have a wonderful day! My goal is to lose 30 lbs. so 2010 is my year...20 plus 10 = 30. Yahoo!
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year and as has been said a HEALTHY New Year to all:flowerforyou:

Vickie, like you I have been remiss in tracking my food and it makes a world of difference. I'm getting myself back on track and by this time next year hopefully will be able to have reached my goal:smile:

The last of the soft drinks are gone in the house and from now on it's water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

We will be having our traditional Black Eyed Peas, Hog Jowl and Cabbage today for good luck for the year so maybe it will work this time:laugh: :laugh:
  • firetuck
    firetuck Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everybody! I jumpstarted my new year last week. Just bought the 30 Day Shred dvd that I'll start today. I made good progress when I was diligent in logging on this site so now I'm back and ready to finish out getting to my goal weight and then maintaining it in 2010 and beyond with the support and motivation that everyone brings to this posting site!! A toast to you all! Here's to good health and good decisions!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Barbie :flowerforyou: thank you for starting the new thread. As always you are a great source of inspiration and support.:flowerforyou:

New day, new year, new beginning! What a blessing. I am off to work will check in later with new goals. :heart: Alice
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    To do things right I decided to go weigh and update my information so I was shocked and excited to see that I had actually lost 1.3 lbs. since the last time I weighed.

Just had to share my good news:smile:

Nancy
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to all!!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Ooh it's 11:30 am here already.

Happy & Healthy New year to you all!

My goals for January:

Lose at least 5 lbs (hopefully more)

Burn 200 exercise calories each day

Make healthy meals

Drink more water

I've exercised, and started out with healthy choices.

Well I'm off to do a little more cardio.

Cindy
  • debieanne
    Options
    :glasses: good mornning pass and new friends happy new years... what a sunny day we are having and snow here and there.. well i think i must have burn off 1000 calories last night we rang in the new year at the j geils band concert we had pretty good seats and you could stand up and dance in them talk about not feeling your age .. our ten year old daugter came with us and she could not believe her parents were singing and dancing we went with our 17 year old son and my hubbys partner from work i hope everyone had a nice ending to the year and a good beginning housework is calling me i am starting out very slow this morning everyone please have a blessed day love debieanne and family (momof10)
  • debieanne
    Options
    vicky many prayers going out to your family
  • debieanne
    Options
    vicky many prayers going out to your family
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Barbie - thanks for starting the new thread.

Happy Healthy New Year Everyone!

I'm off to urgent care with my teenage daughter who was concealing the fact that she is not feeling well as she wanted us to go skiing today. Of course we all know if she had said something earlier in the week she could have been better by now and we could be going skiing today instead of to urgent care. lol That's just part of growing up.

I will post my goals later. Just wanted to tag the thread since I found it and give everyone a quick hello and wishes for a good, safe, healthy and skinnier new year! Welcome 2010!

Jeannie
  • vickim26
    Options
    Thanks Debbie,
    We have really missed you. Glad you had a good time last night. Hope to see more of you in the new year.
    Vicki m
  • vickim26
    Options
    Okay,
    I have weighed myself, measured myself and recorded all on MFP. I am up 5 pounds for holidays but that is okay. I have logged my meals for today ahead of time and plan to stick to it. I will go to gym later. Cooking this morning could not make time for gym. I am back on track. Keep my honest ladies. Happy New Year to you all.
    Vicki M
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone,

Today I am holding strong at being 27 pounds less than I was last New Year's Day. This has been my goal every year and I am so happy to be starting this year with that already behind me. I am planing on losing maybe 10-15 pounds more this year but my focus is mostly on being healthy. My knee surgery went well and I will start PT Tuesday. I am starting back with light weighlifting today. We played Wii Sport all week with our visiting grandson and even though it isn't a big workout moving around and having fun is a wonderful begining. Wii is so much fun that I think I will get the Wii Fit Plus next.

The last few days have included some food partying but really nothing to heavy and I am happy to focus back to what has worked so well for me this year. My husband is driving our grandson back to meet his parents this morning and I am grateful for our time with him, good friends and lots of pets.

Best to all,
    Lianne
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Here we are with a brand new year full of hope and promise.........I am so excited for the adventures that lie before me.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I am so glad to hear from so many of you already this morning. I was in contact with Esther (Grammymax) who started this thread a year ago. she has joined WW and is journaling on their site so that's why she hasn't been in contact with us.

:flowerforyou: I heard from Kathy (PlantLady). She hopes to back with us soon. she was my hero when I started on this thread and I really miss her.

:flowerforyou: I did well with my goal for December except for the yoga. I still can't seem to get it together to do my yoga DVD. I think it might be because it's not something I can do in my regular clothes so when I have time to work out, I opt for something else (walking at home or stationery bike). I did well with my exercise videos and had an almost perfect record of saying "No" to Christmas cookies. I ate the three cookies that came from my young friends who were the recipients of all my flour,sugar, and other baking products. They knew that I wasn't eating sweets so they brought only three cookies for each of us. One was a coconut macaroon and I was glad there was only one because it sure tasted like I should eat about two dozen.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: I posted my January goals as part of my signature. My original weight loss goal was 123 (down 60 pounds) but I dropped it down a bit at a time until I settled on 113 (down 70 pounds). There's a good chance that I'll reach my goal by the one year anniversary of the start of this journey (January 14) so I'm starting to think about a plan for maintenance. I'm not giving up on doing that yoga.:laugh: My other goal is to stay connected daily with the food and exercise diary and with all of you.

:flowerforyou: My other exciting news is that Barb(Weaklink) and I may be able to schedule a face-to-face meeting in Vancouver later this month. We'll keep you posted. There were two face-to-face meetings by women on this thread back some months ago, and I was so envious of them.

:heart: :heart: :heart: love and hugs to all of you and best wishes for health and joy and successful weight loss in 2010
    Barbie
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    You all inspire me!

To get back on track I'll
    journal food daily.

AND soon as this cold leaves (maybe Tues Jan 5?)
    will play with wii
    and walk or dance for 30 minutes
    every doggoned day.

Healthy and Happy New Year wishes to all!
    Barbara
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: A Happy and Healthy New Year to my MFP friends!!

:heart: :heart: thanks so much Barbie for starting the new string :heart: :heart:

:grumble: I have not kept track over the holidays, but now it is back to the business of getting in shape. It will be a challenge and I am looking for ways to make it fun. :laugh: :drinker: :noway: :tongue:

How do you make losing weight fun? I know and have the goals, and I know the rewards are losing the weight, getting fit and wearing slim clothes that make me look like a million bucks, but...... my challenge is "in the moment". That thing called "every day life". :frown:

How do you do that part?

Renny
  • firetuck
    Options
    Renny - You just decide. And then sometimes a minute later you decide again. It's all about choices and the decisions we make. You can do it - just decide!!
  • firetuck
    Options
    Wanted to add to my post to Renny.....It actually was a good thing to read her post and then reply. I had my day turned upside down and had to travel 90 miles to be with my 88 year old mom who went into the hospital with congestive heart failure this morning. I'll be out of town for 3-4 days with her and I was trying to figure out how not to use this as an excuse not to eat right or exercise and when I logged on and saw Renny's post it hit me - I just decide.....and so it is....I can do this.