Single at 33..why?

Options
fitforlife34
fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
Sometimes you wonder how you could be single and unmarried at 33. It's really depressing, bec I know I am a good perosn, but I can't seem to find a good man. I date the musican types, and they have proven to not make good boyfriends. And my man wants me to meet a good Christian/BA Degree/smart/good job etc. and I told her most of them are married by my age. And all the good men are taken.

Sucks becuase everyone my age in the church are all married with kids. I feel like there's something majorly wrong with me. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

Replies

• NuttyCake
    NuttyCake Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have no suggestions because I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 29, single, never been married, no kids. Strangely it isn't my mom that's worried about it. It's my grandfather. He was brought up very old school, very traditional. I'm a female so I should be married, in the kitchen, cooking, taking care of my however many children. And because I haven't found someone yet, something must be wrong with me. The only thing I can say that is "wrong with me," is that I find it very hard to get close to people. And...it probably doesn't help that I don't want kids... :-/

I do have those moments though where I think, "What is SO wrong with me?" So, I understand that. Maybe you could do speed dating? I've never done it, but I've definitely thought about it. That may sound ridiculous, but it may be worth a try.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    im 26...starring down the barrel of 27 and never married, engaged or kids....ohh well
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I didn't meet the love of my life until I was 44 and he was so worth the wait. I, too, dated musicians and crappy guys until one day I decided I needed to figure out why i kept going after the unavailable men. Just about the time I figured it out, I met my husband.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'm 28. No kids, not married... not engaged.

But loving it:) Life is an adventure, embrace it!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    EMBRACE IT!!!!!!!!!
  • sujenwujen
    sujenwujen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Single at 41. I'll be 42 in less than a month. What are you complaining about?? I did my best dating between 30 & 35. Go out & have fun!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    What do you call a bass player without a girlfriend?

Homeless...

(Seems like a gratuitous joke, but there is a lesson in there too.)
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of divorce and you have me discouraged. Are there really no good ones left, darn!
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Almost 24 and never dated in my life...yupp...I don't think I'm unfortunate looking but every time I go out with my friends and guys approach us, I always get treated as "one of the guys." Conversation is easy but I end up being the friend, never the girlfriend.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    advice that is practical?

stop looking and enjoy your life

dont focus on age and numbers and types. It all means little to nothing.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My cousin is in his early 30s, a musician, and a nice guy. Too bad you're all the way in the west coast :)
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Woman.. I am 37 and single..never married and no kids. Some of us are just smart enough to wait for the right person to come along than to just settle. That is all..you are in that category with me.

A lot of people get married for the wrong reasons and then they are stuck and unhappy....feel blessed you are not one of them.

I date...I have fun...and at some point one of those men is going to be the right guy for me. Until then, I enjoy my life. I have great friends..a WONDERFUL family..and I don't worry too much about it.

I know I have a lot to give the right man. He has to aceept me and my eccentricities..as I will accept him...I just haven't found the right guy to run in the wild. Most men want to try and tame the animal....

Just keep being awesome and it will happen.....
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    relax guys...didn't get married til almost 32, started family at 35....totally didn't think it was going to happen, and I met my husband at a part-time job I took for extra money. fate
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I didn't meet my husband until I was 36.

Meet him the same weekend I decided that I wasn't going to date anymore because there were no good men left.... :laugh:
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just turned 27 a couple weeks ago, and then was a bridesmaid in a friends wedding this past weekend. It was both her and the grooms second wedding and she is just a couple months younger than me and he is 29. Seeing them both going for their second try when I have not managed to make it that far even once does make me question myself at times, but then I try to remember the good things about remaining single. Plus I am kinda picky about men and really do not want to settle for something less than I want just because I feel left behind.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    There can be any number of reasons, but don't sweat it ladies. I didn't get married until I was nearly 37 and had 2 kids after I turned 40. My wife is 5 years younger. I had no trouble dating, and I dated a fair amount, but none of them materialized into marriage material. Earlier in life I was focused on education and career, and same with my wife. It's a first marriage and first kids for both of us. I would have rather remained single than rush into marriage just for the sake of being married. Keep the feelers out, you'll find the right one for you.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm 28. No kids, not married... not engaged.

But loving it:) Life is an adventure, embrace it!

this
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm the same but I'm 25 everyone on my facebook has a family and a husband and a career, or at least one of those 3 and I have none. I have no idea what to do with my life, I've had my heart broken AGAIN and I have no chance of a family so it's not just you. Look at it this way it could be worse you could be me and to top it I only have 1 friend who is emigrating... keep your chin up I live in the hope that everything will work out, it has to. As for all the good men being taken have you thought about going different places, getting a hobby meeting new people? Even try online dating, it didnt work for me but i know a few people it did work very well for.

Take care x
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm single at 36 and I do understand how you feel.. I believe all women/men have those times where they wonder what's wrong with them. I believe that everything happens in God's season and anything out of his season and will is trouble. The word says that a man that finds a wife finds a good thing, so get into the ministry, stop looking, and start working!! When you least expect it or even thinking about it your soul mate will be right beside you.

You are not alone on how you feel or what you are going through, but its during those times that we must shake depression and frustration off and get about God's business. Seek God first and He shall supply all of your desires in His time.

Stay encouraged!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I understand the frustration if you want children and your clock is ticking. But my experience is that it's much easier to find a good man when you don't think you need one to have a complete and happy life.