Single at 33..why?

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of divorce and you have me discouraged. Are there really no good ones left, darn!

Just like you, it seems everyone's getting divorced. There'll be a ton more on the market soon.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm single at 26... It's weird. I feel this whole clock-ticking thing since everyone around me is getting married and having babies. Yet I still feel young and not ready to get married.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I was single at 34, no kids, never married... by choice. I simply wasn't ready until then, and then... boom. I met him. We married within 9 months of meeting.

We all have our quirks, nothing is wrong with you... just stay positive. Do your thing. I could get really philosophical about it but that would bore everyone to death... but I do believe things happen to people at just the right time.
  • K_Smith86
    Options
    Woman.. I am 37 and single..never married and no kids. Some of us are just smart enough to wait for the right person to come along than to just settle. That is all..you are in that category with me.

A lot of people get married for the wrong reasons and then they are stuck and unhappy....feel blessed you are not one of them.

I date...I have fun...and at some point one of those men is going to be the right guy for me. Until then, I enjoy my life. I have great friends..a WONDERFUL family..and I don't worry too much about it.

I know I have a lot to give the right man. He has to aceept me and my eccentricities..as I will accept him...I just haven't found the right guy to run in the wild. Most men want to try and tame the animal....

Just keep being awesome and it will happen.....

^THIS^

My best friend is 25, is in the middle of her second, yes, SECOND divorce, and she has a one year old little girl. She settled way too fast with the first guy, and made the same mistake with the second. Point in saying this? It's better to be single and be able to embrace it and enjoy it, than to be at an age where you're going through divorce, stuck in a bad relationship, etc. Just live life, be happy, and when you least expect it, someone will come along. I know that's cliche to say, but it's honestly the truth.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    There are a lot worse things out there than being single, so stop worrying about it and just live your life.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I was married for nearly 8 years and my husband went to Heaven. I raise my children, who are in their teens now, for 10 + years by myself. I wondered and prayed about marriage again...

Proverbs 18:22 says, HE who finds a good wife, whose soul is good for his own, finds a good thing and favor, blessings, in the eyes of God. That meant I was to be found not to go hunting.

When I let God be in charge, my husband to be found me. And he found me in the least expected place! HERE!!! lol!!! I wasn't looking and he did find me on a mutual friends page. lol!!!

And he is everything that I could every want in a husband for me and a daddy for my children! And more!!!!

Let God take care of you. Focus on being who you want to find you. If you want a loving and kind man then be loving and kind. If you want him to be in good shape be in good shape. You will attract what you are, so become what you want.

I never looked for a man in church. like you said, they're all married or not what I want. God knows. He brought me a man who is indeed my soulmate and the best man for me! :D

PS. DO NOT LOWER YOUR STANDARDS!!!! God has someone just for you!!! If you have a list (Habukkuk 2:2 says to write it down) of qualities you desire in your husband, read it daily and become that in who you are! I wanted a man who is stronger than me so I became strong and fit! :)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    ohhhhhh.....there's boys, men everywhere. Don't look for them and they will find you. Of course you'll have to focus on discernment then..... don't settle.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Not all of the good men are taken.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and I know exactly why I am single, unmarried, no kids. Asperger Syndrome and its effect on me.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My reply is with a question: Why not? Don't be in a hurry. It will happen when you aren't expecting it.
    (yes, I'm single, 45 and LOVING IT) Better to be single and happy then married and unhappy. I can attest to both.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I got married at 33. Met my husband at 31. Don't be discouraged, just go out and be awesome.
  • pooleekylie
    Options
    I'm going to be single soon and you people are freaking me out a bit .lol

Are all the good guys taken in their early 20's too????
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    If a man posted a thread and it said, "I'm single. I've dated lots, but all of the women I've dated have been awful. There are no good women left," what would you think about him? What would that imply about anyone that was single?

Also, I think there might be an uprising, if that happened.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be single soon and you people are freaking me out a bit .lol

Are all the good guys taken in their early 20's too????

You shouldn't even consider marriage until you're over 25. Possibly over 30. Your early 20s are for all the fun your liver and vag can possibly handle. Or early 20s... mid 20s... late 20s... 30s....
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Must be "cultural" because at 26, the majority of my friends (the majority ranging in age from mid 20s to mid 30s) are single. And I don't just mean unmarried, literally single and playing the field. Of course I understand wanting to find a team mate in this life, but don't count yourself out yet -- you are still so young!

I got married at 25, and felt like a baby -- I know so few married people. I don't regret it, but I also could have waited many, many more years if I hadn't found my amazing spouse. ENJOY YOURSELF -- meet people, and get to know yourself. It'll come in time.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    If a man posted a thread and it said, "I'm single. I've dated lots, but all of the women I've dated have been awful. There are no good women left," what would you think about him? What would that imply about anyone that was single?

Also, I think there might be an uprising, if that happened.

It's a ridiculous notion that all of the good ones... male or female... are taken. I think this is just some overused euphemism. An an annoying one, imo.
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    One more thing - many (not all) of the "good men" are typically going to be the ones who are more shy, and more nervous to approach a woman - so perhaps you need to be more aggressive in your dating and actually go after a man rather than sitting around waiting for them to find you.

I've known a few of these types.. and only one I pursued. It was definitely different stepping out of my comfort zone and being more of the "aggresive" type of person who takes action and makes the moves.. but it was worth it.
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    is 33 and has been nothing but single... never had a gf for some odd reason. not for the lack of trying though.. tends that the only girls that dont mind being around me... automaticly put me in friend or like a brother zone. and then chase down the aholes then want me there to vent their frustrations when they are having issues. up tell bout a year ago..havnt even had a female friend in years. but to bout a year ago..but same story..friend zone. never even been on a date..well maybe once...but it was just a free movie for them..didnt hear from them after.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I love how people in their twenties totally think that those 9 years are the only ones that matter and you have to hurry and finish allllll your living before 30. Breaks my heart. I just want to rescue you all.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Don't be in a rush Lady! Most people here don't get married until they're at least 30 - the ones who marry earlier tend to be girls with no college/ University education. Take your time, don't give out desperate 'I need a man' vibes...men can smell that desperation for miles around and it is not attractive.