IF people could hear your thoughts....

Options
12346»

Replies

• frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    They'd probably realise I read erotica on my work breaks!

If they were reading it at the gym it'd be 'cosplay? really! such a geek!'
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    They'd think I was a total pervert :bigsmile:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    They would be suprised to find out I'm probably a lot nicer than I let on.....
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I had a coworker tell me last week she's so glad I started working here because "I tell it like it is."

Oh sweetie...you have no idea. If they could hear my thoughts they'd find out how mean I really am.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Meaner.

I am outwardly an extremely nice person (inwardly for the most part, too) who really takes to heart the premise of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

So, around most people my thoughts would be as nice as they'd expect... and others, well... they might be a bit shocked.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I would be in so much trouble because I always have a filter when talking to random people.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    This thread is fascinating me - to see how 'regular' people think. People say I speak my mind, but I can't possibly speak every thought that I think - my thoughts come too fast, too simultaneously, too randomly, too wordlessly, too multi-sensorily. I am therefore amazed that there are people who are apparently able to say all they think. They must not have very many thoughts. And I'm also surprised how much people's thoughts are centred around their opinions of other people. I would love the ability to pop into someone else's mind and spend an hour experiencing their thoughts.

Lol!! *high fives* I feel almost exactly the same as you've described here...

*high fives* Lol - glad I"m not the only one!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    People would think I am nicer than I appear. I'm somewhat shy and don't tend to initiate conversations with people often which I've been told makes me come off as a biotch. I'm really a nice person though.

ETA: I based my answer on what people's first impression of me generally is though. Now, people who know me it may be a little different depending on the person.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Roughly 90 percent would want to punch me, the rest would either be turned on or extremely uncomfortable.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I would be in so much trouble because I always have a filter when talking to random people.

Everyone has a filter unless they have some injury or impairment to the frontal lobe of their brain. This much I know. I have less of a filter from having Asperger Syndrome, but even I have a filter! I mean, come on, no matter how blunt a person is, if they have an itchy bottom, they generally do not randomly announce to their colleagues/boss or random strangers: 'Hey, I have an itchy bottom'. People also don't come out of the toilet and share with everyone the fact that they just did a great big poop and it had a bit of sweetcorn in it, and the smell made them want to puke. But this is the sort of thing that goes on inside people's heads, surely - unless people do a total mental disconnect from all their bodily functions. Or do people sit on the toilet, unaware of their poops, simply thinking judgemental thoughts about various people in their lives, and forgetting to wipe their bottoms?
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My old manager used to say, "I used to think only so much stupid could fit under one roof....then i started working with xxxx and yyyy....boy was i wrong."

I live in this world. If people could read my mind...outside the dirty thoughts and stuff they'd think i was mean...but i am also pretty hard on myself.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    They would think I was a nasty little girl. nasty.