Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Options

Replies

• siberiankiss
    Options
    Well I've been sticking to my hour a day target on the Wii - I do that in the morning. Last night I tried free stepping whilst watching my TV programme, which worked out ok - I think I might make that a regular thing too.

I'm thinking about getting the EA Active, it does look really good. Can someone tell me how strenuous it is? I hurt my knee badly last March (dislocated it, ruptured two ligaments and fractured kneecap), I'm waiting for reconstructive surgery on it, but until then I can't do anything that puts too much pressure on it. E.G. I can't do the advanced steps on WiiFit+ as it requires a 'pivot'. Obviously the running games are a no-no too.
  • Vixenpig
    Vixenpig Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, what do you think is the best exercise on the wii fit and wii fit plus games to burn max calories

Vixen Pig xx
  • Faringford
    Faringford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Vixen Pig,
    i havent tried it yet myself,but would like to try it soon xx
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, what do you think is the best exercise on the wii fit and wii fit plus games to burn max calories

Vixen Pig xx
    I think that the hula hoop and boxing (expert mode) burns max calories on wii fit plus, I dunno about the wii fit original. They get my heart pumping the most.
  • AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    Ok I am new to all of this and was just wondering I see people talking about the calories burned and how they are not always correct. People keep saying to get a HMR. I don't have a clue what this is and wanted to see if someone could explain it to me? And also where you can get one? :huh:

458413.png
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    A HRM is a heart rate monitor. It monitors your heart rate & calories burned during a workout. You can get a really nice one (I have a Polar F7 that I love) on Amazon for $100.
    My HRM told me over 500 calories burned while my Wii Fit said 350. BIG difference!
  • AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    Thank you for the information I will have to buy one.:flowerforyou:
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I totally have this problem too! To the point where I will refuse to do the game anymore! It will register my movements during the running portions, but almost nowhere else! I was completely unimpressed!

That's with the 2009 or 2010 version?

I have the 2009 version.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I have the 2009 version.

I was reading reviews about the 2010, it seems like they worked hard to fix that problem. I am so tempted to give it another try.
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    I was naughty last week and only played Active once... :( But today I started my first 30 day challenge! I set it to hard, so I hopefully it won't be too bad. Inline skating = ouch!
  • Metamorphysis
    Options
    Hello all. Glad to see that everyone is meeting or exceeding their goals. You all are a real inspiration!

I got on the Wii this afternoon and did My Routine. It's 40 minutes of the yoga and strength training. I am not sure how many "correct" calories I burned, so I just have to claim the calories they gave me. Money is tight, so getting a good HMR right now is impossible. Any ideas on a good cheap one?

Have a great night!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Meta, is there any way you can tuck away $10 a month? You could buy yourself one for Christmas :)

I've found that with HRMs, you pay for what you get. Hubby got me a cheap one for Christmas, and it had all sorts of problems. I'm grateful he let me get a better one.
  • Metamorphysis
    Options
    Meta, is there any way you can tuck away $10 a month? You could buy yourself one for Christmas :)

I've found that with HRMs, you pay for what you get. Hubby got me a cheap one for Christmas, and it had all sorts of problems. I'm grateful he let me get a better one.

Unfortunately, right now, no.

We own our own business and it has been SLOWWWWW!

It is a thought when things pick up though!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Day 40 today! My first 6 week challenge will be done on Friday. I started out on low intensity, and changed it to medium for the last two weeks. I started slow and low, because this is something I want to do and not be discouraged by too high of an intensity right off the bat.
    I think when I start my second 6 week challenge on Saturday, I will keep it at medium for the first four weeks, and then finally up to high for the last two weeks of that rotation.
    I'm still completely blown away that I lost 10# already! EA Active is really an excellent workout.
  • mistilinn
    Options
    Hello I have a quick question. I am not a part of this thread but I have a question regarding the Wii Fit. I did free step for an hour. My disc is scratched (I have an 18 month old) and I have to replace it. Basically I did different types of stepping (side, front, back) with arm movement the whole time. Can someone give me an idea on calories burned? I need to log it, but I can't find the info I need.

Thanks so much.
  • Stegerdude
    Stegerdude Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both wii-ing....Stegerdude and Stegerbabe. His goal 17 more pounds, already lost 12. My goal 7 more pounds, only lost 3 so far. The last are the toughest!! That slimquick commercial is so true...living with a 1200 calorie intake is near impossible. But Im trying. Seems unfair when he gets over 1800... Good luck everyone.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Day 40 today! My first 6 week challenge will be done on Friday. I started out on low intensity, and changed it to medium for the last two weeks. I started slow and low, because this is something I want to do and not be discouraged by too high of an intensity right off the bat.
    I think when I start my second 6 week challenge on Saturday, I will keep it at medium for the first four weeks, and then finally up to high for the last two weeks of that rotation.
    I'm still completely blown away that I lost 10# already! EA Active is really an excellent workout.

buzzkitty - U rock! Such dedication!

JAM
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Penelope - I just treat each day as it's own thing. Everyday I try to do the best I can in that day and I don't beat myself up over the bad days.

My favorite games on the Wii are the boxing and free step. They still make me sweat and have really toned my legs.

Have a great evening everyone,

JAM
  • rachi20024
    Options

JAM

That is awesome, it's nice to know that EA challenge is successful. Makes me wanna do it right now!:drinker:
  • rachi20024
    Options

JAM

That is awesome, it's nice to know that EA challenge is successful. Makes me wanna do it right now!:drinker: