Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Options

Replies

• AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    :smile: Ok so last night I did 50 minutes of free step, 10 mins of hula hoop and 10 minutes of boxing on the wii fit plus. I think that was a pretty good work out. I am going to go get the EA on friday or maybe the biggest loser havent decided. I am going to do jogging tonight I can turn that on and let the kids watch cartoons while I run all over the house. I going to weigh myself again on Friday. Hope I have lost. :flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes free step, but it only recorded 7 minutes even though it kept track of the steps. I hope it's not broken.

JAM
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I hope not, JAM! I'm pretty much convinced if mine broke I'd have to get a new one. Good job on the steps though, even if not all of them recorded. They recorded on you!
  • VicWiggers
    Options
    I love the Wii Fit, we played for hours Sunday...Monday morning my bum & legs were aching.

My goal is to use the Wii Fit twice a week fo 30 minutes (about 126 calories, based on my last workout), I am going to the gym three times a week so I don't want to over do it!

Good luck to everyone who is doing it!

I'll up in a week and let you know how I am getting on!

Vic xx
  • siberiankiss
    Options
    For the first time in ten days (since I got my Wii) I haven't done a thing on it! Don't be mad - I finished my semester exams today - I think I deserve a rest!!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I got my hrm today, very curious what it says vs with wii fit + and ea active says.
  • AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    So I went yesterday and got the Biggest Loser. I worked out for 28 mins last night and it kicked my butt. I am glad I got it. I am sure that the calories it shows as burned are not right. I was dying nd it said like 20 calories. I know that isn't right. Any how I think I will stick with that for a while then maybe try the EA. :happy:

458413.png
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I got 30 mins in today on MFC, and I think Maya was trying to kill me! I was so tired, but I had to get the workout in because I ate a 6 pack of Oreos and it made me go over. Those Oreo's were not worth it!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    AWWTOBESKINNY, check out my post on Wii BL cals burned vs. actual cals burned:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/75713-wii-biggest-loser-actual-calories-burned?hl=Wii+Biggest+Loser+actual+calories#posts-1033061

I haven't done much in the way of my WF+ since getting a pass to our local rec center. I've mainly been doing Wii BL & logging it on my WF+ fit credits.
  • siberiankiss
    Options
    First weigh in today. I've lost 7lbs! That's in ten days, YAY!
  • aubreysgrammy
    aubreysgrammy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My goal is my Wii Fit Plus routine I have set up (approx. 25 minutes combo of yoga/strenght exercises) every morning and hubby and I do some of the "games" every night for about 30-45 minutes (he gets a bit salty because Wii tells him his Wii fit age is 62 and he's only 45 and I'm 50 and my Wii fit age is 42!)
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    WTG Siberiankiss that's amazing 7lbs in 10 days!!!!

I have to put my exercising on hold because I've injured my knee. Last time it was my ankle and now it's my knee boo!!!:sad:
    Just some stretching and yoga for me until I can lunge, squat and run again to do my EA active workouts.

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    First weigh in today. I've lost 7lbs! That's in ten days, YAY!

Woohoo that's great! I hope to see some more weightloss. I have kindof been cheating lately food wise:embarassed: but I have still been good about exercising on my Wii.
  • jam0525
    Options
    SiberianKiss – I hope you did well on your exams. Gratz on the 7 lbs loss!

Awwtobeskinn – just focus on the number of minutes and the number of times a week. That’s what I do.

Teetee – I’m sorry the Oreos weren’t worth it. That makes it even more disappointing.

Eclairuk – I hope your feel better and heal up quick.

3346 on 30 minutes free step – that’s a new personal record for me! And I'm glad my wii board isn't broken.
    I've been able to sneak in 10 minutes in the morning several times this week. I hate doing the free step after dinner, but it seems like the only time I have to do it.

I have more snow to shovel tomorrow. It's only 6 inches deep this time.:glasses:

JAM
  • Metamorphysis
    Options
    Hello.

I haven't been on schedule for the last two days. Yesterday I had to clean my house, and didn't have time to do the Wii, so I cleaned really well (my house needed it!) for 60 minutes and counted the calories. I actually broke a sweat scrubbing, sweeping, vacuuming and the such!

Then today I woke up sick. YUCK! My husband, being the wonderful man that he is, just HAD to share the cold he has had for he last two weeks. UGH!

I barely had enough energy to concentrate on food let alone exercise. Feeling the way I do, I managed to stay under calories. I guess that is something. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow so I can get back on the Wii, if not, I will just take the weekend and rest.

Hope all is well with you. Have a great weekend.
  • kornbaby08
    Options
    I just started this like about two or three weeks ago and it is a little hard for me but i want to know what is good to do for the dieting and what is good to eat. ive only lost four pounds and its a little hard when you know you have the urges to eat something other then stuff that has 100 calories or less. i just need some really good advice from anyone
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    Day 4 of my 30 day challenge done! I met my workout and calorie goals this week, yay! No actual weight came off this week, but I lost a little off of my hips so I'll take the small victory. :)
    kornbaby - Don't deprive yourself of the stuff you really like! Just eat a small portion as a treat to satisfy the craving. If you try going cold turkey on all of the good stuff you'll just set yourself up for disaster. Trust me, the oreo fast food greasy chip rampage is not a good thing. :)
  • jam0525
    Options
    Metamorphisis - Sounds like today is a day to concentrate on drinking lots of fluids both hot and cold and try to knock that cold out of you. I hope you feel better.

Kornbaby - Welcome! The best advice I can give you is to post everything you eat and then look for things that aren't worth the calories and start cutting them out. The first month all I did was track the food to see where I was really starting off from. Then I just started cutting things out or choosing lower calorie options. Like with milk- I went from whole milk to 2% to fat free. Just that one change alone is a lot of calories. I thought since I only used milk in my coffee it didn't matter, but it did as I used a cup a day. lol With exercise - find something you will do and stick with it. I try for 30 minutes of exercise 4-5 days a week. Most times it's just on the Wii, but I am consistent with it. Oh - don't skip meals and always eat something for breakfast. Good luck.

I did 30 minutes and worked up a sweat on the Wii this morning already, boxing and hula does it every time.

JAM
  • AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    Ok I did the Biggest Loser again last night. 30 minutes didn't think I was going to make it thru the whole thing. I pushed and was able to do it. I have to say this is a great way to exercise. I love it. Sweat like crazy. heart rate was up and it is something the kids can join in on to if they want. I love this game. I might change my mind in a week or so but right now it is great.:love:
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I hit the 30 pound loss mark today... YEAH!!