Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Options
jam0525
jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
Hello everyone!

This forum is for those of us who use a Wii Fit, Wii Plus, or any of the other many wonderful Wii Fitness programs for all or part of our exercise program. At the beginning of every month we set our exercise goals for the month and then encourage each other to meet them. So if your Wii-ing it we hope you will join us!

Happy New Year!

JAM

Replies

• jam0525
    Options
    My January Wii Exercise goals:

5 x a week 45 minutes cardio
    2 x a week 20 minutes strenght/yoga
    I have the Wii Fit.

JAM:happy:
  • Phatdaddymike
    Options
    Hello..my wife and i use all the wii fit titles. I dont use them much as i do most of my exercising by running outside ir on a treadmill, but this sounds like fun. I think for my first goal ill just try to do ANY wii fit for 3 hours a week, in addition to my normal running. good luck!!
  • ericka0712
    Options
    I am just going to start moving! The wii fit plus was just purchased for Christmas and I will:
    play on it 3 times per week for 1/2 hour!
    Ericka
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I know this month will be very hectic due to up coming changes at work and school starting back up.
    I am going to set my goal to exercise on my WFP at least 3 X a week at least 30 mins. If I do not make it to the gym that day, then it will be 45 mins
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I do Wii Fit Plus every day, for at least 30 mins. I try to meet my calorie burn goal of 310 or more. I do Expert Rhythm Boxing (3x), Rhythm Kung Fu, Advanced Step, and Rhythm Parade.
  • KristaP
    KristaP Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm new and ready to make a change in my life for good.

We just got our Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and I'm already sore.

My January Wii Exercise goals:

To get on my board every morning by 6:30 am and work out for atleast an hour.

As I go I'll figure out what I like to do and get into a routine.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I am also going to challenge myself to work out on the Wii Fit Plus everyday for at least 45 minutes.
  • judithwelch
    judithwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My goals are to use the Wii to workout for 30 mins 5 times a week. I mostly use the Gold's Gym Cardio. Happy New Year!!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome all new comers!

So far we have:
    Fatdaddymike
    Ericka
    Teetee
    Trish
    Krista
    Amanda
    Judith

This is great! I hope we all meet our goals for the month.

Today I did 30 minutes free step as fast as it can be set and I shovelled snow for 45 minutes at least. I forgot to look at the clock before I went out.

JAM
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    How much does the free step burn over 30 mins? Is it more than 30 mins of Expert Rhythm Boxing? Just looking for worthwhile exercise to vary my routine with :)
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi all......I have had the wii fit for about a year but just got the fit plus today. It seems like it will be a lot of fun as well. I wish however, I would let you set up your own routine using the aerobics as well as the strength and yoga. Am I missing something somewhere or can you only work in the 2 of them and tthen go into the otther seperately. I'm not too much into the balance games but do enjoy the step, the running and the cycling.

My goal for January will be to work out on the fit plus for 30 minutes 5-7 times a week.

I do like the feature of it keeping track of how many calories you havee burned. It makes it easier to log in.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I also have a wii fit, just getting started with it, also have the biggest loser (havent opened it yet) my goal starts tomarrow of 30 minutes 3 times a week, hopefully more
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Tigermom, you can make your own routine by clicking the scale in the locker room & then selecting the movements you want to do. It will throw together a routine for you in a random order.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Trish- I'm not sure on the calorie burn. I think they are probably about the same. If the new Fit Plus tells you calories, maybe some one here who has it can tell us both what the difference is. JAM
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Tigermom, you can make your own routine by clicking the scale in the locker room & then selecting the movements you want to do. It will throw together a routine for you in a random order.

Thanks.....I will go there. I do have the strength and yoga set up as a routine but wanted to do the aerobics as part of the routine. I follow your instructions and see if it works.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Trish, i think you burn more with Rhythm boxing, I use the free step and advance step to warm up, they never cause me to sweat. Between the three that I do mostly: rhythm boxing, free step (or advance), and hula hoop, I get my biggest workout between hula hoop and rhythm boxing.

And of course we noted in December, that we are most likely burning more calories that what WFP displays. :smile:
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I cannot afford a gym membership at the moment- and I currently have Wii- My Fitness Coach sitting collecting dust- ....

=)

My goal is small to start.. i'm taking babysteps...

My goal for this week is to find a "routine" so that exercising becomes second nature- like eating. =)
    I will use My Fitness Coach every day for 30 minutes this week.
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    Hello!

I'm new here. I'm going to be using my Wii as well. I have several of the weight loss games - Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, EA Active Sports, Gold's Gym Cardio, and the Biggest Loser.

My January goal will be to complete the 4 week challenge on TBL on Beginner Level. I'm going to baby-step my way into the Intermediate Level. :)
  • ashaver_21
    Options
    Hey everyone, I would love to join! I have been using the EA sports active personal trainer. I just follow the 30 day challenge and work it by tossing in some fun sports and boxing after to fill in the time. Last night for the first time I set my daughter a profile so she could work out with me. She is six and even though I have been using the game everyday since Christmas eve, the workout I got from trying to keep up with my spastic daughter is painful (in a good way!) I can't wait until she wakes up this morning to see how she is feeling lol!

Goal 5X a week, at least 45 minutes a day!

So are we logging in everyday to check in? I am part of another amazing group called the fab fours and we check in everyday. It helps so much and holds you more accountable.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    I have to start this evening as saying thank you MFP and everyone who post about their Wii! :flowerforyou:
    I made it to the gym this morning and did step for 1 hour but I did say that I had intentions of using my MF+ this evening. So, the point is that I felt that I made a promise not only to myself but to everyone here that I would make my best attempt. So, I first started with the free step for 20 and read my Kindle while I did that (2 for 1!) and then did some of the balance games: Bird's eye bull eye and the circus juggling one (Which I am horrible at, :laugh: ) After completing 45 mins, I feel good and proud of myself for keeping my word.

I feel that writing our goals, make us feel committed not only to ourselves but to everyone who participates, so I feel more determined to achieve it!

Sorry, if sometime I come off touchy or emotional in my post sometimes, but I'm stationed overseas without my family and I guess I am now finding the softer more heartfelt me! :smile: