Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Options

Replies

• teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Brand new here.. Just got Wii Fit Plus and EA Active is on order. Goal 30 mins/5 times a week. Question though- how does one increase activity level/length? I can only do short runs, 3 minutes rhythm boxing, etc. Do I have to reach a certain level before it lets me increase? Thanks!

Welcome Penelope, yes, once you work to the point of achieving 3 or 4 stars (I think 3 can open it), then it will unlock the next level. It goes up to 10 mins. Have fun.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hi All....and sorry Jeannie, I was on vacation down in New Orleans. I was very bad, gained 5 pounds and had a great time! I am back to being good today. I had plans to walk 5 miles today after work, but it may be the Wii after all!!!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I started my morning with 30 mins on my Wii then ended my workday with a 2 mile run and 10 min walk on the treadmill at a 15% incline. I'm treating myself to desert tonight, so excited! :happy:

Hopefully, I will sleep well! Everyone, have a great fit day!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I am working out with the Wii Fit Plus. My goal is to work out a minimum of 5 days a week and meet my calorie goal of 455 calories burned each day. Most of the time I start with the 30 minute run.
  • overit
    Options
    I am working out with the Wii Fit Plus. My goal is to work out a minimum of 5 days a week and meet my calorie goal of 455 calories burned each day. Most of the time I start with the 30 minute run.
  • overit
    Options
  • penelope1001
    penelope1001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Brand new here.. Just got Wii Fit Plus and EA Active is on order. Goal 30 mins/5 times a week. Question though- how does one increase activity level/length? I can only do short runs, 3 minutes rhythm boxing, etc. Do I have to reach a certain level before it lets me increase? Thanks!

Welcome Penelope, yes, once you work to the point of achieving 3 or 4 stars (I think 3 can open it), then it will unlock the next level. It goes up to 10 mins. Have fun.

Thanks! I was wondering how people manage 30 minute routines :) It will take a while for me I bet, I am horribly uncoordinated...
    I wish I knew what each exercise's goal was. Some are straightforward, but others I can't figure out. In running I get 4 stars for just jogging...in rhythm boxing I get two stars for (I think) following the routine, not sure what I am doing wrong. I am sure with time I will get used to it and figure it out.
  • LindsaySarai
    Options
    well day 1 of my goal for M-F for 30 minutes, I did wii fit for 24 minutes and then did grand slam tennis for quite a while. That game is fun! so I made my goal for day 1!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Plugging through lunch right now. Walked a mile this morning. Plan on slamming through 3 rounds of Expert Rhythm Boxing & 4 Advanced Rhythm Kung Fu.

Anyone want to try to beat my score of 1387 on Rhythm Boxing & 840 on Advanced Kung Fu? It'll be fun!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I was able to get in an hour both Sat & Sun on the wii plus. I love the run and the cycling, and the step aerobics. Set up my 30 min routine for yoga and strength and then do the other stuff!!! I work off about 235 calories in the hour it says!! :) Then I will be doing my Curves work outs every week-day!

See ya!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    *Maniacal laughter* I just scored 1466 in rhythm boxing! Off to repeat. Just wanted to share!
  • robixqueen
    Options
    I just got a Wii and the Wii fit. I plan to start using it next week, (when everyone is back in school and work). Do you feel the workouts, (sore, and sweaty)?

Val
  • robixqueen
    Options
    I have not gotten the Wii Biggest loser, but have the Wii fit. Has the biggest loser disk been of help in your weight loss efforts, I want to know to add it to my workouts.

Val
    aka robixqueen@yahoo.com
  • amyjoh
    amyjoh Posts: 92
    Options
    So does everyone like the Wii Fit? I am thinking about getting it after I confiscate my son's Wii. He doesn't use it any more!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Val, I am dripping sweat at the end of my WF+ workout if that answers your question. I do Expert Rhythm Boxing 2-3 times. I have Wii BL, too, and yes, it's a great workout as well!
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    Day 1 of my 30 challenge on The Biggest Loser game complete! Plus, for good measure, I threw in 25 minutes of Just Dance.

My BL challenge has me off tomorrow, so I'll probably get to testing out WF+ and some more Just Dance on my off days - just because it's fun!

I love my Wii. :)
  • sseavy82
    Options
    That is a terrific goal!!!! You can it!!! After the first 2 weeks, you will love how you feel! Go For It!
  • amyjoh
    amyjoh Posts: 92
    Options
    thanks! I am going to bug my son to send it to me as soon as possible! I need something that keeps my mind off of the burn! :happy:
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    well Im back, did the wii sunday and today, did the biggest loser, wow did a challenge on there (not knowing) the tight rope with wood chopping, I already feel it and could barely finish the challenge. Im on a roll. How about the rest of you are you burning those pounds?:happy:
  • KristaP
    KristaP Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm totally loving the Rytham boxing, I've even gotten hubby hooked. lol