Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Options

Replies

• cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    first weigh in = 2.6lbs lost!! Whoo hooo!

Glad today is a rest day on my 30-day challenge....too many lunges yesterday, I am SORE!!

Jennifer
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    On the Wii Fit boxing, does anyone else have issues with the dodging registering? I can't figure out how to get it.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I had problems with it for the longest time. Finally I got it. With your remote pointed at the TV, bring it together with the chuck, separated by your thumbs. So the knuckles of your thumbs should be touching. Move the remotes in the direction indicated, and you should notice an improvement. I'm not sure if I made much sense though. Move the remotes from one side to the other, not your body.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Jennifer- Congratulations on the 2.6lbs lost! That is great. Enjoy your rest day.

Overit – The dodging gets me every time too.

Trish – Thanks for the tip. I will try it next time.

I did 46 minutes today. I have the day off to bring kids to doctor appointments, so I did anything BUT my usual free step. My high score for boxing was 1170 for 10 minutes. I did the hula, Island lap, boxing and some balance games to get the final 2 minutes in.

Have a great day everyone!

JAM
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I had problems with it for the longest time. Finally I got it. With your remote pointed at the TV, bring it together with the chuck, separated by your thumbs. So the knuckles of your thumbs should be touching. Move the remotes in the direction indicated, and you should notice an improvement. I'm not sure if I made much sense though. Move the remotes from one side to the other, not your body.

I will try this as well.....I thought I was being very uncoordinated or something. It was frustrating to me, so I just kind of gave up.....Not a good thing!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Today I got a whole hour in on my WF+. I actually exceeded my own expectations and did 30 mins more than I intended too.
    Hope everyone have a happy Friday and enjoy your weekend.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    On the Wii Fit boxing, does anyone else have issues with the dodging registering? I can't figure out how to get it.
    I use to have the same problem also. I started to pivot my feet when I dodge and I normally get it on point now. But before, I would take my foot off the board, which of course would mean that I did not do it right. Help that little bit helps.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    You're supposed to leave your foot off the board while you're dodging, then step back again.
    EXAMPLE: "Left, Right, Dodge Left, Dodge Right, Left, Block"
    You would bring your left foot forward OFF the board for the left punch and following sequence, and leave it off, while your right foot stays on the board. Your left foot returns to the board when you block. Rinse and repeat.

I probably won't get my Wii workout in until tonight. Going to do some housework while my DD naps.
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the Wii Biggest Loser today. Can't wait to try it. Will let you all know how it goes.

Talk soon,
    Tanya
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    tanya, going to try wearing my HRM when I do Biggest Loser on Sunday. Otherwise, the calories are WAAAAY off. 100 cals burned when I'm dripping sweat and panting? REALLY? I don't think so. I think it's a LOT more, and I'm going to find out!

Put my Wii workout off till 9:30, and just did terrible. I wimped out at 200 cals when my goal is set at 310. I often do 350 even! Just not feeling it tonight. HRM said I burned 272, Wii was only 200 or so. I had a really hard time getting my heart rate up. I think my body is telling me it's time for a harder workout. I hope I have the courage. I did just enough to zero out my calories consumed for the day.

Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I tried Rythem Boxing today and I am awful. I played the Wii for 61 minutes and according to it burnt 255 calories. I don't put my HRM on for playing with the Wii, I just consider it extra bonus caloires.

I am sure this is probably not that impressive but I got a new high score on Super Hula Hooping tonight with 3200 spins in 10 minutes. I was happy to beat my record!
  • strungoutmom
    Options
    Tanya I have the biggest looser and love it so far. I have not been able to do much excersise with the Wii this week. We had to many animal (farm related animals) to rescue this week. Get them all ready for this cold snap that we are having in Texas right now. 19 degrees right now and its 12 am
    We also had a baby goat born to us on the 4th so been keeping an eye on him and the rest of the goats as well. So guess you could say my wrk out was around the farm this week and with the horses we rescued.

deana
  • LeeshaLR
    Options
    I'll be using my wii to help in my weightloss too.

I have EA sports (and want to do the 30 day challenge) and wii fit :)
  • Jaskat3
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here. I just got the EA Active Sports. And Yesterday (1/8) was my 2nd day of the 30 day challenge. I hope I can keep up with it!
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm glad this thread is established so I can toss in a question or two, please. I've been thinking of getting a Wii for about a year, but I will readily admit that I am not diciplined at exercising. So, putting out the $$ for Wii does not make sense for me if I'm not going to use it. Thus my procrastination in buying one to date.

My question is, I've read on other sites that the Wii Active has some advantages over Wii Fit. (I might not have the names exactly correct, but am just going from what I've been able to pick up in conversations). Anyway, supposedly the Active does not need a balance board (an advantage to the pocketbook), and the Active allow you to cut into the exercises at mid-points, while Fit requires that you start from the beginning. So, supposedly, Active is more user-friendly by being able to pick-and-choose the exercise you want to do.

I might not have understood the details correctly, thus my seeking input for you all. I want to buy a Wii, but need to keep in mind my budget, and make the wisest choices I can. BTW, I am in my 50's and my activity level is not what it was in my 30's, so I need to make sure I get something that allows for a more gentle exercise option.

Thanks, I'll look forward to comments. DeeDee
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    So a big breakthrough for me today. I did my Wii workout, but lately I've been getting kinda fed up with boxing. It's just not FAST enough for me anymore. It's like my body is rebelling. My scores are totally sucking since my 1466 high score. It took an entire 10 mins to get my heart rate up to my target zone. After round 2, I said "screw it" and started looking for alternative exercises. The Free Run looked like it burned a lot of calories, but it was a 10 minute run. I had tried it before, when I first started MFP, and was done, ready to die, after 3 mins. I did it again today. It said I ran just over a mile & a quarter in 10 mins. I DID THE WHOLE 10 MINS!! I can't believe it. It burned 100 cals, too. Man, do I miss the days when boxing torched 100 cals!
    Now, I know the Wii isn't the most accurate critter in the world, but it got me kind of excited. I've never been a runner, yet now I'm curious if I really CAN run a mile, and if so, how long it would take me. Maybe if hubby has the day off tomorrow, he can watch Grace while I go find a running track & find out!

And you know what else? After that 10 minute run... I did MORE running. I think I went through 300 cals in 20 mins. I ALMOST feel like Superman!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    So a big breakthrough for me today. I did my Wii workout, but lately I've been getting kinda fed up with boxing. It's just not FAST enough for me anymore. It's like my body is rebelling. My scores are totally sucking since my 1466 high score. It took an entire 10 mins to get my heart rate up to my target zone. After round 2, I said "screw it" and started looking for alternative exercises. The Free Run looked like it burned a lot of calories, but it was a 10 minute run. I had tried it before, when I first started MFP, and was done, ready to die, after 3 mins. I did it again today. It said I ran just over a mile & a quarter in 10 mins. I DID THE WHOLE 10 MINS!! I can't believe it. It burned 100 cals, too. Man, do I miss the days when boxing torched 100 cals!
    Now, I know the Wii isn't the most accurate critter in the world, but it got me kind of excited. I've never been a runner, yet now I'm curious if I really CAN run a mile, and if so, how long it would take me. Maybe if hubby has the day off tomorrow, he can watch Grace while I go find a running track & find out!

And you know what else? After that 10 minute run... I did MORE running. I think I went through 300 cals in 20 mins. I ALMOST feel like Superman!

Way to go! That is awesome! I love to run at night on the Wii while the family watches tv. Good extra work-out!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit for fun (as well as Just Dance - which is GREAT!!) and my EA Sports Active for my workout. But if you haven't done any working out in awhile, the Fit might be the place to start. But it is a lot of fun either way!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I did my four scheduled workouts on EA Active More Workouts this week, plus built a fun custom workout and did that yesterday on a "rest" day. I also increased the intensity from low to medium. Two more weeks and I'm done my first 6 week challenge!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

As far as the Wii Fit or the EA Active goes I think it all depends on what you want out of the workout. I love yoga, so I wanted the Fii to be able to do Yoga at home when my noon class got cancelled at work. Also if you are really, really out of shape the Fit is a better place to start and not get fustrated.

I love the FIt and I'm glad that I got it. It fits in very nicely with my schedule and the fact that I can watch TV while doing the step or the run.

We finally went skiing today! It was fantastic! Even underestimating the time I was actually skiing it's over 900 calories in excercise for me today, so no Wii Fit for me. Tomorrow I will be sore, but today I'm in 7th heaven.

Have a nice evening everyone,

JAM