Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone new to MFP and/or this forum!

:frown: We weren't well enough to go skiing today in zero degree weather. So, the kids and I went bowling (real bowling) and to the movies. We bowled for an hour and then tonight I did 30 minutes free step.

It's back to work and school tomorrow for all of us, so I will make this short.

Have a great evening everyone!

JAM
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi All! Didn't get my full hour in on the wii tonight. Hubby came down and wanted to give it a try so we got him all set up with his own routine and such. That was fun. It will be good for him!

I feel great tonight. Had a "busy" day at work and then did Curves, and then came home to the family. Can't ask for more!

Night All!
    Ann
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    46 minutes done, 229 calories burnt.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Brand new here.. Just got Wii Fit Plus and EA Active is on order. Goal 30 mins/5 times a week. Question though- how does one increase activity level/length? I can only do short runs, 3 minutes rhythm boxing, etc. Do I have to reach a certain level before it lets me increase? Thanks!

Welcome Penelope, yes, once you work to the point of achieving 3 or 4 stars (I think 3 can open it), then it will unlock the next level. It goes up to 10 mins. Have fun.

Thanks! I was wondering how people manage 30 minute routines :) It will take a while for me I bet, I am horribly uncoordinated...
    I wish I knew what each exercise's goal was. Some are straightforward, but others I can't figure out. In running I get 4 stars for just jogging...in rhythm boxing I get two stars for (I think) following the routine, not sure what I am doing wrong. I am sure with time I will get used to it and figure it out.

You want to punch right when the bull's eye is up, that will get you double points and that will increase your score. Good luck...
  • scottjames84
    Options
    Hi everyone :-)

2010 is a new year; I have had a wii for a couple of years; wii fit since it came out couple of years ago, wii fit plus when it came out a couple of months ago and I got biggest looser a couple of months ago too.

I havent really been using them properly but since this is a new year my wife and I have decided to do the Biggest looser challenge on the wii; I feel you burn more calaries with this game as it is a lot more serious weight loss tool and wiifit is more for 'fun'
    Will let you know how we get on :-)
  • maivien
    maivien Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

2010 New Year's Resolution to lose the pounds. Just started EA Sports Active More Workouts - new 6 week challenge :-) On day 5 and it's brilliant! Even better than the first one!

Hoping to lose a stone by the end of Feb and need all the motivation I can muster! And maybe team up with some new friends for a challenge?

M x
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Morning! Best news ever. As I said in my earlier post, my dh has been having some back problems for about 3 months. He got on the wii last night just for some yoga stretching that we thought might help him. He muttled through it. This morning he got up and said the wii might be his new best friend. He hadn't gotten out of bed and felt so good in a long time! I was happy. Just praying that it continues to help him!!! ;)

Make it a Happy Day!!!!
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I love the wii.

I don't have one, but my boyfriends parents do.

We're getting one soon, I can't wait to get the biggest loser game.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just got my Wii yesterday and played with it for an hour this morning. I burned 413 cals! Right now all I have is the Wii Sports that came with it...boxing is the best workout of them. I'd like to get the wii fit plus and balance board next. I'm amazed at everything this machine can do (the wii that is).

So I just wanted to let everyone know that I''m reading all your posts for ideas and inspiration!
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Morning! Best news ever. As I said in my earlier post, my dh has been having some back problems for about 3 months. He got on the wii last night just for some yoga stretching that we thought might help him. He muttled through it. This morning he got up and said the wii might be his new best friend. He hadn't gotten out of bed and felt so good in a long time! I was happy. Just praying that it continues to help him!!! ;)

Make it a Happy Day!!!!

That's great, the little Wii man and coach is always saying that yoga is good for the posture and body! :smile: Pretty soon, you might be fighting for your turn! :laugh:
  • tigermom79
    Options

Make it a Happy Day!!!!

That's great, the little Wii man and coach is always saying that yoga is good for the posture and body! :smile: Pretty soon, you might be fighting for your turn! :laugh:

I know RIGHT??! Hey.....if it makes him feel better I will wait my turn!!! :yawn: He used to love to run (long time ago) Told him about the running on it and he watched me do the cycling one and he said that looked cool too. Hopefully he will get into it after he has a stronger back again! He's a mechanic for goodness sakes. Can't hardly be without his back!!!!

Talk to you soon!
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Sorry, no Wii for me today, wanted to make sure I ate at a reasonable time for dinner and try to get a good nights sleep, lately it's been horrible. I did make it to Zumba this evening and burned 668 calories.

Have a good day everyone, and happy burning! Nite, for me.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    You are definitely right, Tiger. I hope the wii continues to help him, and then you guys get to do the free run together. :smile: Have a good day.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    i just got the game Just Dance. How would you log exercise time for that?
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii, can I join this group? I need to get more active and decided to exercise using the Wii.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    When I finally get a wii, I will deff get this.
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    If anyone is looking for a great workout "game" for the Wii, I highly recommend the EA Active More workouts. You have to buy the accessory pack, which is a leg strap for the nunchuk to detect lower body movements, and a resistance band with handles. You can use it with or without the Wii Fit Balance Board. I am starting week 4 of the 6 week challenge on "easy" and it kicks my heinie! I'm currently doing 4 workouts per week. It is like having your own personal trainer. I will feel such a sense of accomplishment when I fisnish the first 6 week challenge and increase my intensity on a new 6 week challenge!

I don't feel like the 20 minute workouts I'm doing have enough cardio, so when I'm done, I set up the step aerobics on EA Active, using the balance board as the step.

Love it, love it, love it! Down 7 in 2 1/2 weeks with EA Active and faithfully journalling here at MFP :)
  • jam0525
    Options
    I have a Wii, can I join this group? I need to get more active and decided to exercise using the Wii.

Yes, any one can join at any time.

Welcome to you and all the other newcomers!

jam
  • jam0525
    Options
    i just got the game Just Dance. How would you log exercise time for that?

If you go to the Nintendo website you can do a search on any of the games and it will give you an approximate calorie burn per minute. Of course everyone is different, but it will give you an idea. Then just add it into MFP.

Enjoy!

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    This is my longest post ever. I hope I got everyone......................

Heather – Welcome! I love the boxing too. Especially on a day when I need to blow off some steam.

Bestmomtr – Welcome! Your right to start off slowly. This way you won’t injure anything and will develop good habits. Tracking your exercise and calories really helps and MFP makes both easy.

Greatcandles- Let us know what you think of the mommy boot camp. 30 minutes a day is a good target.

Amanda – nice picture. It looks like you got a great tree.

Penelope-Welcome to MFP and to this forum. I manage a 30 minute workout by doing 3 10 minute things. I find it takes too long to go in and out of some of the games and other things. Twice a week I just bite the bullet and do strength and yoga.

LosingIt4Good- I’m sure that it’s ” just Jillian” that makes the Biggest Loser so much more challenging. Good luck with the 4 week challenge.

Lianne – If you can do any of the Wii Sports, set a goal and join us. I hope you have a speedy recovery to your surgery.

Beth – Welcome back! You were missed. The 5 pounds will come off quickly. It’s probably just bloating and not real weight. I like the new picture.

Overit- That is an awesome goal. Your motivating me to do the free run more to get the higher calorie burn.

Trish – It sounds like your challenging us with the boxing. Well, I accept your challenge. Let’s see who can get the highest score between now and Sunday! Lol

Tigermom- Welcome. It’s good your hubby tried it. Maybe he will give you some challenges in high scores. Yoga is good for the back. I hope he keeps it up. My hubby ended up with back surgery, so I know what you both go through with his back.

Robixqueen – I like the workouts, but they aren’t the highest calorie burn. What I like is the fact that I have lost inches all over and not hurt anything (yet) getting back into shape.

LozingLizard – I love my Wii too.

SSeavy, Amyjoh, Emily, Krista, Carley, Nurse Misty, Tanya, Buzzkitty- Welcome and good luck meeting your goals.

Scottjames – Welcome to you and your wife. Your lucky you have some one at home to Wii with you and challenge you. I hope you both succeed.

Maivien- Welcome and I love the kitten picture. Sounds like your putting a challenge out there. How many pounds in a stone?

Off to do my time right now. Have a nice evening everyone.

JAM