Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Options

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    This is great...glad i found it.

I have a had a wii fit for 1 1/2 years , used it alot in june then not much more...then got Biggest loser in october and used it some, but dedicated to get back with it.

I have 3 -

Biggest looser
    Wii Fit ++
    Ea Active

I started trying to do a combo of all 3. I do the some at lunch time and then after dinner. I do 2 of the three each day. I started alternating the ea and biggest loser and then fill in with the wii..Usally wii + at lunch time for 30 minutes , and then i am on the 30 day on wa and 4 week on biggest looser.

I hate how the calories are calc on the biggest looser, but i am getting a hrm in a few weeks, so i am sure that will help the calculated burn calories.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi All!!! Just finished my wii fit +. I actually ran on the free run for 20 minutes for 4.633 miles. I can't believe I did it. I never dreamed I would be able too! YEAH!!!!

For those of you with over 1,000 points in the boxing.....I commend you.... I am lucky to hit the 500 mark in the 10 min I do. I too have problems with the dodging part of it. Tried the suggestion that was sighted here but still don't have it down. Hopefully I will soon.

Didn't do the strength & yoga routine today. I needed to burn off calories!!!

Hope everyone has a great evening!
    Ann
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!! Just finished my wii fit +. I actually ran on the free run for 20 minutes for 4.633 miles. I can't believe I did it. I never dreamed I would be able too! YEAH!!!!

For those of you with over 1,000 points in the boxing.....I commend you.... I am lucky to hit the 500 mark in the 10 min I do. I too have problems with the dodging part of it. Tried the suggestion that was sighted here but still don't have it down. Hopefully I will soon.

Didn't do the strength & yoga routine today. I needed to burn off calories!!!

Hope everyone has a great evening!
    Ann

You are so doing so good! I am so proud of you!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Trish, thanks for the tip on the boxing. I have to agree that the boxing is slow for me and I get frustrated. I wish they would give you free boxing, like free step and run.

Good job on the free run. I didn't think I would be able to do it either and usually set it to 30 minutes and run in place. If I get bored I run laps through the living/dining room and kitchen. But I watch t.v. and run and that usually helps. My next goal is to get 5 miles in that time, I just keep falling short of it.

Good luck and keep up the good work :)
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Running is my weakpoint....but getting better i think with the wii fit running and the ea active running.

I agree i would love a free boxing, the rythym boxing on the advanced gets me jumbled sometimes, i kinda wish it would just do the routine and like put a pict in the corner but not stop for them to show you each time.

I know there is a boxing in the normal wii stuff that comes with the wii. I haven't played that in a long time.

I did like the ea active boxing too with the kick boxing.

Today is my 3rd day of the ea active, so we will see what it has in store fro me today.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    AmandaJ – Beating your own record is good. Don’t worry if it’s not the highest. I will do 10 minutes hula next time and post my score. I don’t think mine is that high eiter.

Deana – I hope all your critters are OK. It’s so hard on them. Do you get goat’s milk from your goats?

Welcome LeeshaLR , Jaskat3 and lildebbie! We're glad you found this thread.

Ann – I admire you running for 20 minutes. I still can’t seem to get up the nerve to try it and stick with shorter lengths.

I hope to get back on the Wii today, but have the house to clean and the tree to take down. :cry:

JAM
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to join as well, I'm a law student, so my workouts and normal schedule will begin again tomorrow (I, too, have Christmas decorations everywhere still...) but I just ADORE my EA Sports Active and Wii Fit! (I've also added Just Dance, Dance Dance Revolution, and eventually will mix in Jillian Michaels and Jenny McCarthy ... little by little). My least favorite part of all of them? Yoga. It makes me realize how unbalanced and weak I am, and who likes that?? I look forward to working out with y'all!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I hear ya there on the yoga...I am soo horrible at holding the positions, probably cause I am 285 lbs (btw i like saying that instead of 300 lbs)...plank and dog facing forward , i do horrible..I just don't have the arm strenth to hold up to my body, i am doing a little better though i think.

Well no wii fit + at lunch time. We had a rough day and our dog died this afternoon. We knew he was sick and didn't have lots of time left but just didn't think it would be today.

Instead we are playing wii sports resort. They have a cycling game in there that kills your arms i swear.

But I am doing ea active tonight.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    For those of you wondering how many calories one actually burns while playing Wii Biggest Loser, read my post- Wii BL workout thread!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/75713-wii-biggest-loser-actual-calories-burned

Biggest Loser LIES! ALL LIES, I TELL YOU!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Didn't get much time on the wii today only about 40 minutes but it got me off the couch and a little active so that was good. I still am lousy at the kung fu thing. However tonight I hit 600.....notas good as most of you but will get there! That was my best anyway.

I am going to make it to the 4th levelof that obstacle course if it kills me..... It doesn't burn many calories but it is fun.

Talk to you tomorrow.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    For those of you wondering how many calories one actually burns while playing Wii Biggest Loser, read my post- Wii BL workout thread!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/75713-wii-biggest-loser-actual-calories-burned

Biggest Loser LIES! ALL LIES, I TELL YOU!

That is great to know ...i knew it was all wacked ...I will probably get my hrm next week...i can't wait.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    1 hour and 6 minutes on the Wii Fit Plus so far and I still have 143 calories to burn tonight so I will get back on it soon! I have to!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    99 minutes is the total tonight with 519 calories burnt. I really wish I would have worn my HRM as it would have been more accurate I am sure, probably to my advantage. SIGH!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    20 minutes of ea active tonight (it was the easy night ) still got a work out but not as much as the 1st two nights.

Did misc wii stuff with my daughter earlier, playing wii resort. That cylcing and cannoying gets you a work out in your arms for sure.
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just ADORE my EA Sports Active and Wii Fit!
    Is EA Sports Active the same as EA Active?
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I think it is.
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Joined this site after getting a new iphone and to get back into my Gym routine. Wii's are awesome and the yoga/muscle training wii fit exercises are really good!

Only set-back is when I enter my exercises it doesn't work out the calories. Anyone have any idea of the calories burned on wii fit exercises? Just a rough estimate would be great...

keep up the hard work!
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    I got a Wii fit for Christmas and I have been using it religiously and :heart: it. I bought the EA Sports Active Personal Trainer yesterday and I can tell I'm going to be obsessed. I would love to join this group to help me keep accountable and help shed these last 10 pounds. My favorite games are the Hula Hoop and Rythm Boxing on the Wii Fit Plus and I think everything is great on the EA Active. I have already done 25 minutes today on EA and will probably play WFP tonight with my kiddo.:flowerforyou:
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to burn at least 150 calories each time I use the Wii Active! One day done!

Jennifer
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I hear ya there on the yoga...I am soo horrible at holding the positions, probably cause I am 285 lbs (btw i like saying that instead of 300 lbs)...plank and dog facing forward , i do horrible..I just don't have the arm strenth to hold up to my body, i am doing a little better though i think.

Well no wii fit + at lunch time. We had a rough day and our dog died this afternoon. We knew he was sick and didn't have lots of time left but just didn't think it would be today.

Instead we are playing wii sports resort. They have a cycling game in there that kills your arms i swear.

But I am doing ea active tonight.

lildebbie - I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It can be so heartbreaking. They truly are our best friends.

JAM