Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Options

Replies

• smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello I am thinking about getting the EA active. Can you tell me what I need? I am looking to do it with a partner (my sister), are you able to do 2 player on these. I have been looking at them online and want to make sure I have everything I will need. I have 2 contollers and one nunchuck. I have been looking at the personal trainer and I know there is an "assessory pack" also "more workouts". We just got the Wii for xmas and dont know much about it. Help what do I need Thanks sarah
  • libbi
    libbi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use WFP and EA Active and DDR for the Wii!
    My Goals:
    ~complete 30 day challenge on EA Active
    ~4 days a week (30 minutes each) of WFP
    ~DDR on "off"days of EA Active
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Sorry about your dog.:flowerforyou:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone about my dog , he was a great part of our family :sad:

Okay i can't wait to get my HRM...i hate biggest loser game. They don't even come close i know on the cals..i know that before i do it, just get annoyed, today i did the 20 min lite core , i know it aint burning hundreads and hundreads, but come on 40 cals...I can burn for 40 cals getting up going to the kitchen..ok maybe not but you get my point.

I am hoping to get my hrm early next week...woohoo.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I just got a wii yesterday.

Don't have any work out games since I don't have a balance board, but man...

I just did boxing on wii sports and I'm sweaty, and it was fun.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Also I'm sorry about your dog.

I'm the biggest cry baby and the biggest animal lover (specially pets), and when I read that, I got really tearie eyed.

I'm so sorry, he'll always be in your heart <3
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Morning,

I just did 33 minutes on EA Active and I am jelloooooo. I didn't think that the resistance band would be effective but wow was I wrong. I also got interrupted mid-workout by my 8 month old :grumble: , but I picked up right where I left off. I feel really sore all over which is good and feeling muscles that I forgot exsisted. :drinker:
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your dog also.
    Thank you for the connection to this link
    Today - in the am I did 20 mins on the treadmilll, then 10 mins superhulahoop, then a 3 min run. Tonight 20 mins on the treadmill then 45 mins with a personal trainer.

Somehow I went up 3 pounds and I am trying to get back into balance...
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Also, what is EA Active?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Bos, EA Active is another fitness game for the Wii.

Today I did Free Run for 20 mins, and Basic run for 10. Felt great. Did Wii Biggest Loser for 45. Burned over 700 cals between the 2. It's a first. I hope they have something naughty to eat at our ladies church group tonight. I earned it!
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    Count me in!! We have Wii Fit, but I didn't really like that one much so we got EA Active. Love it! My goal is to do it 3 times a week to alternate with Jillian's 30 Day Shred (ouch). I'm shooting for at least 130 calories each workout to start with and then work up from there. For everyone with Wii Fit Plus, how does it compare to the original?
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post to say hello to everyone new and happy Tuesday to all who aren't.

I'm going to do badly on my goals for the month, but I don't want to lower them. Our noon yoga class started back up again at work, so it will cut into my Wii excercise time.

I'm off to do the free step right now.

Have a great evening everyone,

JAM
  • strungoutmom
    Options
    Sorry it 's taken me a bit to get back to you. Been really crazy around here. The animals are fine so far and the freeze has finally broke. Been about 4 days now. Baby Goat Bugsby is doing great running around with the big ones.

I have not been able to get on the wii for a few days. But figured Hauling about 16 Round Bales of hay from one location to another and then making sure all the animals has thier in thier respective corrals. And all the feed sacks i have to carry to the tack barn. Each Bag weighs 50 pounds. I get 3 allstock for all the animals, chicken scratch and layer for the chickens, Corn for the pigs that is 2 bags. Not sure how many calories that burned but felt like i did enough for a day or 2. Then wrk has been crzy so been getting home a little later than usual. But going to try to jump back in today or this weekend.

Seeing alot of post on the Personal Trainer and just might have to check it out.
    deana
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Stoked with my workout this morning! First day back on EA Sports Active - 195 calories burned (Polar F7 measurement) and then a pretty intense cool down on the Wii Fit Plus and 180 there! Gotta say I'm pretty stoked with that workout.

Now off to celebrate my workout with healthy food choices and send thoughts and prayers for Haiti.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! We have Wii Fit, but I didn't really like that one much so we got EA Active. Love it! My goal is to do it 3 times a week to alternate with Jillian's 30 Day Shred (ouch). I'm shooting for at least 130 calories each workout to start with and then work up from there. For everyone with Wii Fit Plus, how does it compare to the original?

I really like my Wii Fit, so maybe I'm a bad example, but the Wii Fit Plus is a little bit more ... it guides you more, if that's what you're looking for. I did workouts today like riding a Segway (Segue?) to pop balloons, riding skateboards, doing yoga and more Hula Hooping for ab workouts. I guess it's not AS challenging as EA Sports, but I usually do them in conjunction, with Wii Fit as a warm up or cool down. But if you didn't like Wii Fit, my guess is you won't like Wii Fit Plus, sadly :(
  • AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    I would love to join in with this. I have no time to work out due to having two small children so I got a wii and the wii fit plus for christmas. It make it easier for me to work out and be at home with my children. I have been working out 5 days doing at least 30 mins of the free step and either jogging or boxing for at least 20 mins. I also have the WII Sport and that is good too. I love the tennis on it. My whole family does the Wii fit and my daughter just loves the ski games. My balance isn't that great so I don't do a lot of those. When I job my 2 yo son holds my hand and run's with me. He thinks it is a game and it teaches them to stay fit. So my goal is to continue to work out 5 days a week at least 45 mins for cardio and do yoga and strength training at least 3 days a week.::flowerforyou:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options

I really like my Wii Fit, so maybe I'm a bad example, but the Wii Fit Plus is a little bit more ... it guides you more, if that's what you're looking for. I did workouts today like riding a Segway (Segue?) to pop balloons, riding skateboards, doing yoga and more Hula Hooping for ab workouts. I guess it's not AS challenging as EA Sports, but I usually do them in conjunction, with Wii Fit as a warm up or cool down. But if you didn't like Wii Fit, my guess is you won't like Wii Fit Plus, sadly :(

I like both Wii fit and ea active. I usally do the wii fit + at lunch time for 30 minutes, usally boxing, sometimes running, rhtym parade, i like that one, hurts your legs after doing it for a whilel..then I alternate ea active and bl at night, depending on my rest days.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    After scanning through all the posts it seems like most of us are doing OK or better with exercising. That's great. I'm still deciding whether to get the Wii Fit plus to upgrade from the Fit or if I should get another Wii exercise DVD and just keep plugging with the Fit for a while.

I did the 10 minute hula hoop this morning and got a 3275 which is not my best. My all time high is 3300 something. I already forgot it.

To those struggling finding the time to exercise, keep plugging away at it 10 minutes at a time. It will all help in the end.

JAM
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Jam, if you upgrade to the Wii Fit Plus, you're only out $20, cuz you only need the game to upgrade. Wii Biggest Loser & Jillian 2010 both cost $30-$40, though they are great games if you're looking for that next step toward an intense workout.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days, I've even been missing out on my Wii too. I had a lot of functions before and after work, so I missed so much during my week, I'm scared to weigh tomorrow.

But tonight I made it up, I did 30 mins on my Fitness Coach and tomorrow I plan to run a 3K in the morning and also attend zumba in the evening. For the past few months, I always say that I will participate in a fun run, and hopefully tomorrow morning will be day!

Have a good day everyone!