ONLY 15 WEEKS TO NEW YEARS!! Challange

Options

Replies

• trappedreams
    trappedreams Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be part of this!

Currently 123lbs
    Goal 106lbs (though i'd be happy with 110lbs, think that may be a little more do able for new years)

Will eat 1200 calories per day,
    Exercise 6 times per week (cardio and strength training) including long nature walks
    Eat clean foods (raw salads and juices)
    Drink lots of filtered water and ...
    Dance :D
  • mizmelanie
    mizmelanie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm In!!

SW 201
    CW 172
    12/31 Goal 155

Cardio 7 days/wk
    Strenth 3-4 days/wk

No Off Days!!!

Weigh in-Mondays
  • onamission7486
    Options
    I'm In!

CW: 150
    GW: 135

I just started doing the shake thing today with Herbalife, hope that helps :) Cut out soda's too.
    Ideally I'd like to start P90X but with my time and kids, realistically. I'm going to start running everyday!
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I want to be 17 pounds down by the end of the year....since that's 12 weeks away, I don't know if I'll get there but I'm going to give it a try! I'll be happy if I'm at least the 12 pounds down (1lb per week). I've got to up my exercise and water intake!
  • Rosey1006
    Options
    I'm new to fitness pal and even though there is only 12weeks till Christmas now, I would still like to join if not too late.

My weight: 146 lbs
    1lb per week = 134
    GW = 130

I will achieve this by eating my 1200 calores a day and exercising 5 x per week 30min a day.
    Good luck everyone.
  • carlayyy2308
    carlayyy2308 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    CHECKING IN -

starting weight - 182 pounds
    weight on 20/9/12 174 pounds
    weight on 27/9/12 - 172 pounds
    weight on 4/10/12 - 170 pounds
    weight on 11/10/12 - 169 pounds

CW - 168 pounds - THATS A STONE !
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    This is gr8 and exactly what I needed since I have been on a slump for while:drinker: :drinker:
    CW 124
    GW 110
    So I can lose 1lb a week and get there. I am doing 1200 calories every day - plus lose 400-500 calories with Insanity+dance
    I did half my work out and slumped but after reading this I completed it!! :love: :love:
    10/21/2012 - 122 llbs
    10/28/2012 - 121 llbs . . .

I think I am going to go slow on the bread (Oh I love my carbs :frown: )
    And I am going to have a lighter dinner (More veggies and fruits with a slice of bread instead of 3 buttered slices :sick: )
    No more drinking bournvita all the time only one glass per day (I am addicted to my chocolate drink) :love: :love: :love:
    Savour every bite I take and not eat hurriedly :flowerforyou:
    And push through my work out :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • rkeller59
    rkeller59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I attend TOPS and so... close to meeting my goal. When I started at TOPS, we had to have a doctor sign a paper approving our goal . My personal goal would have been 150. My doctor said he would sign for a 160 lb. goal. His reasoning was that if I choose to lose more than 10% of my weight, I was making it too hard to reach my goal. I got him to agree to a 20% loss which would make a goal of 160. I expect to meet that goal in the next two weeks. I have a different doctor now, and he has agreed to sign a paper for a 150 lb. goal. I want to be at 150 lbs. on the TOPS scale by the end of the year.:flowerforyou:
  • manakayyy
    Options
    I am in!
    Current weight: 143
    Goal weight: 125

I have started by drinkning more water, no more soda. I am also trying to cut down carbs. I plan on exercising once a day as well.
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would really like to lose 14 lbs by Xmas and the New Year. I reached ONEderland yesterday and have now put my scales away until Xmas so I don't obsess over my weight. I would love to join this challenge.

SW: 255lb
    CW: 199lb
    GW: 185lb

Good Luck Everyone xxx
  • ElinaCarroll
    Options
    I am in too :)
    Current weight: 65.7 kg or 144 lb (10.3 st)
    Goal weight 55 kg or 121 lb (8.6 st) or until I reach UK size 8-10.
    Which means a loss of a little over 23 pounds.

Target at the moment is about a kg or 2 lb a week which I believe is manageable.
    Currently doing a lot of cardio (power walking and running on the treadmill) as part of a 100K challenge (5-10k a day) :) In a week I will begin alternating with strength training. Ordered P90X and will alternate with running as advised by one of my pals here.:)

To avoid my metabolism slowing down and weight loss plateauing, I will use the new Spike Life programme (have ordered this, and waiting for it to be shipped from the states) - i have already found this way of eating works for me so look forward to finding out more on the science behind it.

As far as other resolutions go, I will make sure I drink at least 2 litres of liquid a day.. I keep dehydrating myself and need to be more disciplined and avoid this :)

Add me pls, let's cheer each other on :)
    Good luck to all! :)
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in!
    I lost 16 in 8 weeks so figure I can double that for 15 weeks, but not quite so will go with 30 lbs down by New Years! Double incentive as I am going home at that same time to visit, would love to go with that much gone!
    SW - 198
    Goal by December 31 - 168
    10/20/2012 - 196

I usually do not have a problem with the food, so plan is to continue eating the healthier foods that i have been. I dont have cheat days. So my plan needs to focus on getting more exercise in on my busy schedule.
  • crocal
    crocal Posts: 38
    Options
    Can I join in? Now only 10 weeks to NY Eve so I'm aiming for another 10lb.

Have lost 1stone since I started in August, 202lb today

Goal for challenge is 192lb
  • luvsbks
    luvsbks Posts: 51
    Options
    Checking In

Starting Weight 8/18/12 - 258
    Current Weight - 242
    Weight by New Years -228

Mary
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :), I will come back and add in everything later on.
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just saw this challenge and wondered if I still can participate?
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

SW: 72.2kg
    24/9: 70.8Kg
    1/10: 70.2kg
    7/10: 70
    13/10: 69.2
    21/10: 68.4
    GW: 65kg

I think the last one is just water weight because I was sick but next weeks weigh in will tell
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm in. This should be incentive to make it through the holidays with a loss instead of a gain!

CW: 263
    GW; 233

Continue to increase time spent exercising and max walking rate
    Current exercise: 2 hours of yoga/week and 8 miles/week walking at a max rate of 2.7/mph

I have to be honest, I'm really worried about gaining through the holidays! Halloween is the usual start date of my downward spiral .

Update since 9/18/12:

CW: 250 10/21/12
    GW: 233
    Heel spur prohibits much walking but doing kettlebell dvds and rowing. Trying to hit 3000 min of exercise/week. Currently exercising 2000-2500 minute/wk.
  • manakayyy
    Options
    Checking in. I am down 3 pounds. Perfect way to start the week!
    Current weight 140. Good luck on the rest of the week all!
  • Nelinka85
    Options
    Checking in:

SW: 65 kg (143.3lbs)
    weigh in Week 1: 63.8 kg (140.6lbs)

Lost 1,2 kg (2,7lbs)