Sugar is not your friend January Challenge

Options

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Reporting in. . .no sweets since Dec. 30th.

Had a mild craving today as I passed the biscotti, but thought "no, I'll have to tell mfp that I did that.":laugh:

Accountability is awesome.

Sugar is not my friend.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    No sweets today. I had my moments when I wanted some. It's hard when I've lived on it for days. As the day went on it got easier. I am back. Sugar is not my friend.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Feeling very strong today-- woot-- woot-- FINALLY.

Had a Poptart yesterday-- hubs bought a box to go with "our" coffee-- so hard sometimes to go out with him. The man's a 24/7 eating machine--

Today, so far, so good-- water intake is dead on, and calories/snacks are going great--

Later, my friends.
  • 72lori
    Options
    I'm having a good day too. It's funny. If I tell myself 'No' I seem to listen. It's not like there is nothing here to eat, I have junk around, the kids got huge chocolate bars for xmas and they are in chunks in a bowl in the fridge, didn't even temp me today.

It makes me wonder what the difference was when I was at my parents house and I shoved in all the junk in sight. I can't figuure it out! It may take a lot of hours on the couch of a qualified professional to make sense of it. LOL
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Goodbye stressful holidays, 2009 and all the junk in the trunk.

No goodies for me yesterday or today.

Lori, I'm pretty sure you're on to something about the couch. I could really use a good therapy session or twelve to get me back to feeling myself. The Roatan roommate did a number on me. Doesn't make me want sugar, but it does make me want to drink. And that is baaaad. Cheryl is not pretty when she has too many cocktails. :noway:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Still in.

Have decided to bribe myself with rewards for meeting each of my milestones. If I make it to the fifteenth with no sweets, a massage (my insurance will cover this, but I haven't scheduled on in a while) if I make it to February, new workout pants (my current pairs started out black and are now dark gray, so it's time). Hopefully I won't have to buy them the next size up (my current ones are on the verge of too small due to, well, the reason I'm doing this challenge) if I can stick to this through January.

Hi, I'm viviakay, and I'm a sugarholic. It's been four days since my last sugar.:flowerforyou:

Sugar is not my friend.

P.S. Cheryl, step away from the cocktails.:heart:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Thanks, V. I really needed you last night.

This is how I "stepped away"

drunk.gif

I haven't done that in years. I need the MAP site.......(MyAlcoholicPals, Marla...) :cry:
  • 72lori
    Options
    I ate two bites of brownie. Only two. This is where I need to be able to hang. Taste it. Walk away. Made them for the family. They smelled so good. Wasn't going to have any, but I ended up having two bites of the one hubs was eating cause it was huge. I didn't eat a whole one. I didn't sit and salivate while they all ate one. I got my 'ummmmmmmm' on and called it a day.

Moderation. I'm working on it.
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This couldn't come at a better time! I was doing very good (20 some days sweets free) and the last 10 days fell so hard it's embarrassing to admit. It's hard to imagine I can go from eating none, even when baking and having it around, to eating my weight in cookies.

I am still contemplating how to handle sweets. Moderation is the key. Moderation seems to be my issue. I can do none, I can do all. I need that happy medium where I eat an occasional sweet, feel ok about it, count it in my calories and leave it at that until the next time I decide it's ok to have a little something. That's the road I'm looking for in this journey, I want to control sweets, not have them control me.

I couldn't say it better myself.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Still at it. Five days of yoga and three of sugar-free. Feeling good. It's still tough to not grab whatever cake is out for dessert at our dinner buffets, but it's getting a little easier. Subbed plain fat-free yogurt for cheesecake tonight and might go for a little fruit if i'm still really hungry before bed.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I ate two bites of brownie. Only two. This is where I need to be able to hang. Taste it. Walk away. Made them for the family. They smelled so good. Wasn't going to have any, but I ended up having two bites of the one hubs was eating cause it was huge. I didn't eat a whole one. I didn't sit and salivate while they all ate one. I got my 'ummmmmmmm' on and called it a day.

Way to go!
  • cmriverside
    Options

Way to go!

I love it "I got my ummmmmmmmm on"!

Good one, Lori. :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I was really good yesterday. I went to the mall (slaps forehead, what was I thinking???) and came face to face with a new French pastry shop.

I looked at them
    they looked at me
    I saw Marla :angry: and Cheryl:angry:

I walked away!

:heart: Thank you my friends! I think I am 1/2 way detoxed. Didnt even need my cheerios and milk last night. WOOT!
  • cmriverside
    Options

I walked away!

You>>>> wedgie.gif <<<<<<<<<<Me

bwah

(wazzwrongwithCheerios&milk??):huh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    i had a cupcake...just one. It was yummy. Reached for another one. Put it down.

Baby steps.

It's in my calories for today. I'm content.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Sugar is not my friend!!

I had yummy apple and broccoli today. Ched cheese and lasagna. NO sugar that was not natural and my body feels 100% better this evening. I swear even my neck pain level went way down.

I am going to research sugar and pain to see what I come up with. I BET there is some relation to inflammation.

Have a good night sugar busters!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I walked away!

You>>>> wedgie.gif <<<<<<<<<<Me

bwah

(wazzwrongwithCheerios&milk??):huh:

cheerios and milk are wonderful!! I was using them to remove myself from wedding cookies and choc cake.

I am going to have cheerios for dinner tonight! mmmmmmmmmmm
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hello sugar haters! I thought about joining you. But then I thought about the chocolate covered cherries and the white chocolate polar bear in my stocking. I know that somewhere along the way, I'll enjoy them. But... when you think about it, it's been what, 9 days since Christmas, and I've only eaten 3 cherries and my reese's tree? That's not too bad is it? lol
    -Robin
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I passed what was for me the ultimate test today. . .a trip to the movies.

(I had budgeted for a small popcorn, but I wanted those candies with them so bad. . .)

Didn't.

5 days and counting. Only eleven more until a (non-refined sugar) treat.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I passed what was for me the ultimate test today. . .a trip to the movies.

(I had budgeted for a small popcorn, but I wanted those candies with them so bad. . .)

Didn't.

5 days and counting. Only eleven more until a (non-refined sugar) treat.

smiley-happy110.gif