Sugar is not your friend January Challenge

Options

Replies

• jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    i am in on this one.... starting today :) i dont know if i can say "NO Sweets" as i am just trying to get back in the swing of things.... but i will do my best!!! baby steps first lol
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,987 Member
    Options
    i am in on this one.... starting today :) i dont know if i can say "NO Sweets" as i am just trying to get back in the swing of things.... but i will do my best!!! baby steps first lol

Jackeh! Good to see you back. :flowerforyou:

We all are in different places on the sugar thing. Do what you can, there are a lot of good thoughts in this thread.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Oh, the buffet last night MURDERED me. Ok, not literally (OBVIOUSLY--not typing from beyond the grave yet!) but I had finished my food dairy for the day, was all ready set to be done consuming, and then I came up to use the internet and BAM! There's the buffet of death with that vegetarian lasagna they make with plantains that I love love love love, and salmon and other tasty delicious things. Oh my, but did i ever indulge. I sure wasn't going to say no to that lasagna!

I HELD OUT AGAINST DESSERT THOUGH! Chocolate cake just SITTING there taunting me, saying "OH KAYT. You've already been bad, going way over your calories. What can it hurt to just have a tiny, little sliver of chocolate cake? YOU KNOW YOU WANT ME! CONSUME!"

I resisted! Triumph! Success! The cakes are still kind of teasing me in the fridge there, but I'm holding strong. Even if i did give in to the Buffet of Death, I'm pretty proud that I held out against dessert.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Here's some meanness for you: at the front desk at Bikram today, there was a basket of Turtles! Turtles, I tell you. I actually flipped them off. (as in, gave them the finger, not knock them over) (luckily the teacher behind the desk found this hilarious).

Turtles: 0

Me: infinite victory!

(10 days since I last used.)
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Here's some meanness for you: at the front desk at Bikram today, there was a basket of Turtles! Turtles, I tell you. I actually flipped them off. (as in, gave them the finger, not knock them over) (luckily the teacher behind the desk found this hilarious).

Turtles: 0

Me: infinite victory!

(10 days since I last used.)

Ha Ha Ha That's soooo funny. Flipping off turtles....

I've been doing well, myself. Last night I did have a spoonful of the Rice Dream ice cream I had in the freezer. I only had a taste because my brother in law was over, and he's also allergic to milk. We went on a taste fest of all the stuff I had found that he hadn't tried before. I find it amazing that in just the 2 weeks since I was told about this allergy that I have found more substitutes and brands than he ever did! lol... But that was it. So far, nothing today. We're going to go see Avatar though. I might break down and have some popcorn (last week I did some investigating, and their buttery topping doesn't have any milk or milk products in it. I know it's not good for me, so don't yell...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

well working on sweets is what got me back into the swing.....so swing baby swing!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Sugar is not my friend.

Today I had a homemade protein shake because I didn't like the sugary looking berry stuff they were going to use at the gym.

So I came home and made it with mixed berries, milk and ice OH and 1 sweet and low. It was delish and only natural sugar.

Gotta get some honey so I can use that for sweetener next time.

:heart: Jeannie
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Holy crap this is harder than i thought... i didnt realise i eat so much sugar :(.... but i did OK... i guess... so today i had a hot chocolate ... but thats it... no other sugar even my applesauce was unsweetened :)

and BTW that turtles story was pretty funny Viviakay!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,987 Member
    Options
    V - Hiding-2.gif

thlmao-1.gif

V - Hiding-2.gif

thlmao-1.gif

thlmao-1.gif
    wish I could do that with the cookie I ate. Not even THINKing....just picked it up and popped it in my mouth. DD says..Hey Mom, thought you were counting cals....don't forget to log that 100 you just ate!!" Dang!!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Just got back from the movie... Avatar (3D version) was such a pretty movie! Very well done. I did end up getting a popcorn and enjoyed it, but I brought half the bag home for DH. And, I might add, I did not dump in M&Ms like I did the last time I went to the movies.

I think the two guys who checked the buttery topping ingredients were wrong though--there's some sort of milk product in there. My throat is killing me right now, and I have sinus drainage up the wazooooooo.

And this is the real reason I'll be losing the weight this time... Because all the foods I love are being ripped away from me ha ha ha
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Just got back from the movie... Avatar (3D version) was such a pretty movie! Very well done. I did end up getting a popcorn and enjoyed it, but I brought half the bag home for DH. And, I might add, I did not dump in M&Ms like I did the last time I went to the movies.

I think the two guys who checked the buttery topping ingredients were wrong though--there's some sort of milk product in there. My throat is killing me right now, and I have sinus drainage up the wazooooooo.

And this is the real reason I'll be losing the weight this time... Because all the foods I love are being ripped away from me ha ha ha

Ahhh, poor thing. You will do well because you will find ways around it!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

thlmao-1.gif
    wish I could do that with the cookie I ate. Not even THINKing....just picked it up and popped it in my mouth. DD says..Hey Mom, thought you were counting cals....don't forget to log that 100 you just ate!!" Dang!!

Aren't kids great?

I did fine today. No problems with sweets. I did eat some apple crisp last night. The stuff that was calling. The kids had cake, so it could have been worse. Plus, it was my cheat meal. I didn't count it, didn't add up calories, ate the homemade (turkey) meatballs I made- on a big old bun, homemade mac and cheese and apple crisp. It was yummy and the scale didnt' spike overnight.

Been reading the benefits of cheat meals, so I had one. :bigsmile: I'm willing to try a weekly cheat meal!
  • pettmybunny
    Options

Ahhh, poor thing. You will do well because you will find ways around it!

Thanks Jeannie! You're such a sweetheart!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Robin, how are you today? :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Cheryl, you made my whole weekend with that turtle. That's how those turtles should feel. . .scared of me!

Today, I had to avoid the birthday cake for the 102 year old woman at church. (102!) It was one of those grocery store cakes with the giant frosting flowers. MMMM. . .hydrogenated oil. It wasn't hard to pass up. I believe in butter.

Stay strong, sugar-free-sisters.

It's now been eleven days since I last used.
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Thanks Jeannie, I was up in the middle of the night with some serious stomach issues, not sure if it was the dairy, or the oily buttery topping, lol... Had a migrane this morning, but am feeling much better now, and even worked out at the Y for a bit this afternoon. When I'm avoiding the dairy and eggs, I don't have headaches hardly at all. It's worth it! After several days of no pain, it made the one this morning feel soooo much worse. To think I lived with that pain almost constantly for 3 years, sheesh!

Viviakay, you'd love the buttercream frosting that I make then, I use real butter in mine. lol... One of these days, I'll have to see how it tastes if I make it with the "Vegan buttery sticks" that I bought. I find it easy to avoid the store bought cakes myself. I used to love their frosting, until I started decorating myself, now it just tastes icky.

I have been sugar free today, although I did use a light sprinkle of splenda on my nonfat plain soy yogurt with berries. The berries just did not sweeten it at all, it seemed.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    GOSH my friends.

Tonight was TOUGH STUFF! The Buffet of Death continues to tempt me, and with it the dessert table of doom. Tonight? OH GOSH. My FAVOURITE: Tembleque. Local treat, a coconut custard it took all my strength (and continues to demand more) not to devour eight billion of the little cupcake papers full of that phenomenal sugary delight.

I thought of you guys though, and had a cup of coffee (hope it won't keep me tossing a turning tonight) bit my lip and moved on. I can't be as tough as V, flipping off the treats...I just can't be rude to my favourite sweetheart, even if I know we can't be together...I still want her to be happy!

SUGAR FREE THOUGH! THIS DUDE ABIDES! TUFF ENOUGH, BABY. YEaH!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I had an ice cream cone from McyD's today. I should have felt bad, but I didnt'. Working on the moderation thing my friends. Hubs pulled in and ordered, never asked if I wanted, but nor did I say no before he ordered, so I ate.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Wanted something sweet after dinner tonight, so I had one of my sugar free dark chocolate puddings...and enjoyed every bit of it, with no guilt. Still ignoring the chocolate candy in the house, so yay for me.