Its 2010...Please Join Me

Options
Hello all. Happy new Year! This isnt my first time using this site, but I am determined to make 2010 the year I succeed. My name is Thalia and I would like to lose about 70 pounds and then go from there. My highest weight ever was 267 pounds and I was so embarrased at how big I had really gotten. I was determined at the time to get rid of my ex and my weight. At my lowest I weighed 209 and was doing so well. Now i am at 229 and determined to make it happen.

For those many of you who started "dieting" today on 1/1/2010....please join me and lets make this a great year and think of it as a life change. I could use all the support I can get.

Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Replies

• Keltinator
    Options
    Hi there :) I will join you this year! I have "dieted" before, but to no avail. I have a feeling that this will be the year (and finding this site really helps). I'm Erin. I'm just under 150 right now, which I guess seems like a relatively small number, but I'm short. Sigh. I want to lose twenty pounds before August, which is my family reunion! I haven't seem them all in six years and I want to surprise them with a new, healthy lifestyle!

So good luck, Thalia, cheers to 2010! Please support me, too!
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I need to loose desperately too. My starting weight is 166 lbs and want to loose 30 lbs but always finding a way to break my plans. Hope we can help each other
  • lucyhowes
    Options
    Im New to but am determined to be alot smaller by summer! My starting was 197 :( i want to lose 56lb its going to be a long road but we can do it. Good luck x x
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm with you too! I am back again because I know this works if I stick to it....... fell off the wagon last year, but I will be at least 30 lbs lighter by June my birthday. I like the news feed they added makes me feel more accountable if people know whether I log or not. Good Luck
    I am going to plan all my meals the day before too. It really helps me to stay on track during the day.
  • tabika05
    tabika05 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you! I've allowed my crazy schedule and depression to be excuses, but I can't do that this year. I'm determined that by summer i don't want to be embarrased to put on a bikini or for people to see my stomach. Thanks for the push in the right direction!!

TabithaJoy
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Tabitha I feel the same way....depression is killing my weight issues....but I know I am allowing it to. What is this news feed that was mentioned that allows people to see if your tracking? That probably would be a kick in the butt for me!

Thanks to those of you that joined. We can all keep checking back here to help eachother. Every year I say this summer I'm going to wear shorts....Summer comes everyone wants to go swimming not only can I not go swimming i fing myself wearing nothing above the knee. I live in Vegas where it is 115 in the summer. I HAVE to do this I want to be able to go simming. We are all worth it.

I dont know if this works for you guys but Im going to check in with my weight once a week. Im really bad at weighing daily, so Im going to try and limit it to once a week for a big suprise hopefully.

I started 1/1/10 so my weigh ins will be Fridays. Right before the weekend so hopefully that will help me stay on tracxk. I do work part of the weekend but I noticed that its harder to stay on track whem I'm not at work. Maybe if we all check in weekly for weight, if we had a rough week we can share what eat and try to figure out what we can change together.

Cant wait to hear from everyone!
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Nevermind I found the news feed when I made a friend!Wow so I went over 38 calories because i needed a hard boiled egg with my soup and now the workd will know that? :( yikes.....
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Shannon,

I am excited to be here and cant wait to see this news feed thing. In August of 2005 I was 158 at 5"1. SO not good especially with a family history of diabetes along with my own small not to bad bouts of depression. But I turned it all around. I was turning 30 in Jan of 2006 and decided I was going to so something about my weight! I did. I lost25 pounds down to 133. Well 5 years later I am on my way back up at 144 as of yesterday. NOT GOOD! I know the way to do this is good food and exercise. So here I am. I hope to be a ear for everyone as well as vent a little to,lol. 2010 here we come!

Shan
  • Keltinator
    Options
    Yep, what Thalia said, we are all worth it!

Good luck this weekend guys :)
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I am back again and really determined to lose weight this year and keep it off! Good luck to all!
  • ddixon6572
    Options
    I will join you..My starting weight is 191 and I want to lose 50 lbs by summer..Lets do this togther..I'm Tired of not being able to wear shorts in the summer time..It gets hot here...
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you :) I have been working on losing weight for about a year. I have lost around 35 pounds. However, with the holidays I have not been going to the gym as often, and I have not been eating good at all:blushing: . I went back to the gym yesterday, and I am going to start learning how to count my calories. I too would love to wear some cute summer clothes this year. I weigh 195 right now. I started at 228. I would love to have a group that I could check in with, and help eachother reach all of our goals this year :happy:
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Im so glad so many of you have joined! this will really help us all :) here is to us!
  • SophieBee
    Options
    I'll join you too! This site is brilliant and I've added the application to my iphone. I'm cutting out snacks because the calories pile on without you even realising.

I'd like to lose 15 pounds and keep it off. Good luck everyone!
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just started using the site tonight, but have been dieting since Jan.1. I'd love to join in with this group of spirited SUCCESS MINDED dieters. I lost 25 pound last year but regained 12. How horrible is that, to throw away all that progress. But, I am now determined to lose that 12 plus another 5. I look forward to a slimmer 2010, and one where I actually get my butt in gear and exercise. And away we go, yes?? :happy:
  • johnslaa
    Options
    Hello to to everyone who is trying to lose the weight this year. I'm new to this site, but not new to attempting to lose weight. I've been overweight for some time now, but this year this year is going to be the start of a new beginning. I"m going to lose this weight and begin to feel good about myself.:smile:
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    1st success - I have been tracking for 3 days now and am already planning for tommorrow. It seeems ot make it eaier if I plan ahead. Food for thought.. well so to speak lol nAlso cant waite to go to the gym tommorrow!
  • papersparrow
    papersparrow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Thalia! I will join you as well =) I joined MFP last year sometime, but lost track of my goal with a few life changes. But everything is settling, so what better time to start anew!

This really is a fantastic site, and helped me out when I was using it dependably (before I lost my internet heheh <3). So take care and I'll root for you!

Good luck and happy 2010!

-Carol
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just waiting for my clothes to dry, and then I will be off to the gym:bigsmile:
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Welcome! I love the support :) Day 3...its been rough i have been hungry but Im sticking to it and not letting things get me down :)