Its 2010...Please Join Me

Options

Replies

• Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Mia, That is a huge amount to lose in a week. To much for me especialy since I only have like 20 to go. The bigger you are and the more you used to eat that might and a big might be a chance you can do that but for me and lot of others that is not a option I think. Like you I want to eat like I will for a life style change not a quick fix and short change. It has to be long term for me.
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Today I had to go get a bunch of blood work done to make sure there isnt something more than food keeping me from losing weight.

Also i started my pills the doc gave me and its going well. Im starting with half. This is about the time I get hungry and its already 11pm and i have close to 500 calories left (im sure fasting for blood test helped lol) so now that im getting a little hungry im going to eat 2 apple cinnamon rice cakes with this 100 calories peanut butter that cost me 6 dollars haha and that will be 200 calories and then ill see.

I wasnt going to weigh til friday but starting the pills today I wanted to see how i did on my own, Since the 1st i lost 4 pounds. I wont record til friday oficially though. Im happy with that.

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT DAY.:love:
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    so I was aimlessley flipping channels last night while reading my book and saw this show "confessions of a reality weightloss show contestant" something like that. I was like ohhh who is it? It was Eric fromthe biggest looser. I have seen Matt and new he gained some of his weight back but did not now Eric did. He said I know what to do and how I just have to do it. He said It does have to be for the rest of your life you do have to change what you eat for the rest of your life. SOmething liek that. That is something I know it just struck a chord with me. I know this but it is like a lightbulb went off in my head. Now i just have to figure out how to do soemthing about it. I look at all these ladys at the gym the coaches and the girl I went to school with who is a female body builder. I always think how do they do it? It seems to have hit me. That is how always eating good food. Yes once in a while the bad stuff but that is like once a month not once a week which turns in to all the time for me lol. ok off to take kids to dentist! Lord help me lol
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Once you get the hang of it i think you will be ok... you just have to take it one day at a time and remember its ok to treat yourself in moderation (but im sure you knew that)

Where is everyone today??
  • Keltinator
    Options
    ah, finally sports teams are back in gear since winter break!! my soccer team did this kick-your-butt aerobics thing on tues, it was pretty much non-stop cardio for an hour... i was so sore the next day! i had field hockey yesterday as well, so now i'm in rough shape, want to eat everything in sight, and i have soccer tonight! argh... but i'm just telling myself that the first week after vacation is always hard, and to just stik with it. i think i will sleep to pass time (so i don't eat haha) :) and hey who doesn't like to sleep haha
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well I made it through another trip to the gym:smile: I did about 31 minutes on the elliptical, 12 minutes on the stairclimber and 21 minutes on the crosstrainer:drinker: I have now exercised five out of seven days for January:happy:

I am also trying to see if I can figure out this counting calories thing :) I kinda get confused with it, but it must be working, because I have noticed that I have lost a few pounds since I started counting. I am also realizing that even though I had cut back on sweets and pop that I was still eating too much. I just wish that I could eat a bit more. With only eating 1200 calories I have been craving food. ( I do eat my exercise calories- this helps a bit) However, I did notice that it seemed to be getting easier today.

Tanya:wink:

Days completed exercise for January: 5 :drinker:
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR EXERCISE!!!! I WEIGH IN TOMORROW HAVE BEEN @ WORK ALL WEEK SO NO EXERCISE HOPE ITS A GOOD ONE....
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good Luck NewBeginning on the weigh in :)

I know that work and life can make it difficult to get to the gym sometimes. Don't let it get you down. You will get through this. We all have those kind of days. I had one yesterday.
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.

Its Friday night and Im tired!! Had a very busy week at work! I have been good and I did Jillian Michaels 30day shred 4 days in a row now!! My body isn't hurting as much (maybe Im getting use to exercising again)

But.... For some terrible terrible reason today! I was HUNGRY!! It was so tough sticking to my calories! I just wanted to eat!! so for dinner I had bread, cheese, dips, trifle... Oh!! now Im having regrets..

:noway:

EEKis4Keltinator - Im from Auckland NZ, it is so beautiful here. We are having a warm summer! So many beaches in NZ!! Where abouts does your family live?

Nicgetfit - This is a great site! We really need to support each other... (Im still feeling low from my eating binge!)

Trying to lose or even maintain your weight is so HARD!!! ...I have a birthday dinner to go to this evening.. how am I going to cope!!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday (just for my own curiosity). :blushing:

So do I! It is almost a habit now. Well, I have exercised everyday this week so far (go me) (lol). Hope everyone is doing great this week :)
  • chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would like to post here daily as I put in foods in the diary. Yesterday was my Dr appointment to start off the new year. My start weight is 306. Down 3 pounds from 3 months ago. My Dr. wants me to lose no more than 1 pound a week, but is happy with any loss when I check in every 3 months. I am glad to join a group of people who encourage each other and have a goal in mind.

My husband is going to take measurements on Saturday mornings to put in an Excell worksheet to track my progress physically and I'll weigh at the Dr office every 3 months.

Today I had a yougert and quarter cup of applesause for breakfast while my computer at work woke up. Last night I stocked up on bananas and oranges to have healthy snacks in the office for when I get hungry. (No more vending machines)

It is a pleasure to be involved this year with others who like to eat :)

Chipgal
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Chipgal welcome and nice to have you.

Well today is one week I have been counting my calories and using mfp and me weigh in today....
    drum roll........
    down 7 lbs! :noway:

I had waken up and went to the bathroom and went to weigh myself...I was down 5 lbs..I sat on the couch and wasnt feeling well...this is prob too much info but im on this meds that make me constipated and i was able to go to the bathroom finally for the first time in 2 days this would have been day 3 and after i thought well i havent eaten and i REALLY went to the bathroom haha so lets try again and I was down 7. I would say thats pretty accurate right? Dont burst my bubble :noway:
  • chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Thalia. I'll post my starting measurements on Monday and update every Monday after that. I'll still wait 3 months to weigh, because I fall victim to ups and downs of scales every week. (tried that at WW)

Thank you for starting such a wonderful topic.
  • Keltinator
    Options
    newbeginning2010-- woah seven pounds! congrats! i don't know about accuracy, I can't help you there, but that's so awesome! :happy: good work! i hope i have good results too ( i also want to weight myself in the morning, but i missed today so i'll weigh in tomorrow)

jaymie-- i stayed near auckland when i went to nz i think... we rented a house across the street from "red beach" if i remember correctly (it was a little while ago so i'm not sure though :laugh: ) my family was originally from whanganui, but the part of my family that still lives there is in auckland, too, i think.
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    THANKS GUYS! MY TOPIC WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT YOU GUYS SO THANKS FOR JOINING :heart:
  • Kandiii
    Options
    This is my first time on this site. I'm not new to dieting though. I'm Kandi by the way.
    Twice a year my family does a "Biggest Loser" family edition. We all pay 70 bucks and at the end of the 14 weeks the person who lost the most (percentage-wise) gets the prize. It's a great motivator. I've spent the last two rounds of it making excuses.
    I need to lose at least 60 lbs. and I want to do it now! I'm impatient like that lol. Anyways, I look forward to the support of you all and giving you all the support I can. I'm in!! We can do it and 2010 will be a great year.
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    HI KANDI...WELCOME! IM DONE MAKING EXCUSES TOO..WE ARE HAPPY U JOINED.....
  • Kandiii
    Options
    Me too! Thank you for the welcome. I hope we can all encourage each other.
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    WOOHOO I FIXED MY TICKER :) JUST CHECKING IN....ITS BEEN SUCH A BUSY DAY OFF ITS 10 PM AND I STILL HAVE 600 CALORIES BUT ILL BE UP FOR A FEW MORE HOURS HOPEFULLY I CAN FIND SOMETHING HEALTHY.

HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL.
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well. I was doing really well and then my rotatator cuff and bicep tendon tore. Since then I have had to have surgery and have gained weight due to inactivity. We are starting a biggest loser competition at work tomorrow, so here I am. It is going to be difficult to lose as I cannot exercise much. Please wish me luck. I never reached goal weight and have revised it a little. I originally lost 36 lbs., but have put 10 back on.

Good Luck to us all!