Things that make you sad after losing weight

Options
fenrirGrey
fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
Not being able to wear all my favorite clothes because they are too big now. Spending money to buy a new wardrobe is really disappointing. I know I'm supposed to be happy about the weight loss and yaadi yaadi yaada but I can't believe most of my perfectly good suits need to be altered/put away.

Was there anything that got you genuinely sad after losing weight?

Edit: I'm very, very happy with the new look. I'd never want to go back to old weight. This is just curiosity on unexpected bummers

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I lost a little weight, but now my work pants are all too big on me and I'm constantly pulling them up all day. But this means I get to go shopping :)
  • Helenahushin76
    Options
    still not feeling like myself and wanting to cry all the time because i make myself sick cos ive gone all saggy
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing I hate is bones are painful to sit on/ lay on. Sometimes I can never get comfortable. It hurts to sit on the floor, or bleachers or any place for too long.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Oh there's no self-esteem handed to you at the end as a prize, no throngs of men that love you or dynamic personality fix that makes all your flaws disappear behind the new curtain of badass confidence that comes with goal weight?

wait none of that comes with goal weight?

You mean Im supposed to be working on that stuff all along too?

Are you crazy all they said was eat less move more.

WTF
  • fenrirGrey
    fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oh there's no self-esteem handed to you at the end as a prize, no throngs of men that love you or dynamic personality fix that makes all your flaws disappear behind the new curtain of badass confidence that comes with goal weight?

WTF

Ooookay then...
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Same stuff as before I lost weight.
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    I don't have a natural shelf to rest my drinks and food on anymore
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

WTF

Ooookay then...

Youre telling me you've never encountered someone that was sad because when they reached goal weight they didnt have the body they wanted and had to work hard to keep going and go back over everything they learned and find out what they did wrong and what they need to do now?
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I look older, get colder easier, had to spend cash on new clothes, can't eat half the *kitten* I love... blah blah blah... still not sad, in fact quite happy.

^^^ This
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I am hating buying new clothes too. I mean, I like it, but it's a lot of money and a lot of pain in the butt.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I admit, I miss having DD breasts - I had quite a collection of fancy bras, then having to get rid of them and replace them before I am done losing all the weight - that made me sad but I think I can work with it :tongue:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    As weird as it sounds, I'm having trouble actually finding stuff that I like in my size (on the rare occassion that I do go shopping).
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    i actually love having to buy smaller jeans, it's fun! =)
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My new lack of T&A...
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I look older, get colder easier, had to spend cash on new clothes, can't eat half the *kitten* I love... blah blah blah... still not sad, in fact quite happy.

^^^ This

I have noticed this too! I am usually freezing while everyone is in shorts and a t-shirt I am wearing a sweater. Moving back to Minnesota might be a very bad idea :noway:
  • aamckay9
    Options
    my boobs get smaller! grrr.... lol.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

What he said...
  • Garnet0284
    Garnet0284 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    my boobs get smaller! grrr.... lol.

^^^This... I will miss all my pretty bra's :(
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member