Things that make you sad after losing weight

Options

Replies

• Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Almost being at my first goal I set for myself, and still feeling like I will never be happy with my appearance! I mean, I look A LOT better and I am happy about that, but the skin sag, is really making me uncomfortable with myself. I feel like I'll be uncomfortable with myself fat, or thinner with all the skin. Almost feels like a lose-lose. HOWEVER--- I am stronger, thinner, and can do a lot more now. Happy about that!
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    I kinda miss filling a c cup all the way, oh well with those came belly and THAT will never be missed, or the muffin toppage, either
  • JessyWhit
    Options
    Knowing that with all my efforts and hard work, I have to live with this saggy skin for a little while longer!! It depresses me and I'm sure when I get to my goal will depress me even more. Though I can say looking at pictures as a before I can comfortably say I never want to go back!!
  • smhaze77
    smhaze77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    In clothes I totally look better. With out clothes... well is just as bad as it was 125lbs ago. :(
    But I will live with that because of being heathier and all the other positives that come along with it. :)

This (50 lbs for me) and the being cold thing, it doesn't make me sad, just annoyed that I always need a sweat shirt.
  • pooleekylie
    Options
    My new lack of T&A...

My failure to lack T&A....
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    The only thing I get sad about are Buffets. I cant get past half a plate and some ice cream :sad:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Being cold is annoying, losing my favorite clothes was annoying, but the worst is that I'm totally obsessed. I can't look at people without eyeballing their weight, whether I think their bodyfat is high or not... I can't open a new browser without checking in on MFP, and I nearly always fall asleep reading something about fitness. I'm a one trick pony!
  • _workforit
    Options
    Peope not noticing you lost weight..
  • Isaacdcm
    Options
    I hate to totally change the tone of this, but I started losing weight and taking care of myself for the first time in my life about 5 years ago. I began to regain it 3 years ago and decided about a year ago to not let it slide and recently discovered MFP. The only things I have ever felt sad about are:

1. Not having done it much much earlier in life
    2. That I cant get my parents to take care of themselves the way I try to take care of myself
    3. Watching a lot of people around me make horrible choices and then spend their lives complaining about how they feel.

Otherwise, I love getting complimented, seeing myself naked, and having tons of energy to do stuff that just thinking about doing it would wear me out in the past.

And I am not missing my boobs one bit, but maybe its diff for me than the other posters :-P
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Getting saggy!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    My padding is disappearing, so I get cold easier, get hurt easier and can't sit or lay down comfortably because I can feel my bones.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    not a damn thing..............:explode:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    this thread just shows that no matter what, some people are just never happy.

This ^
  • fenrirGrey
    fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    this thread just shows that no matter what, some people are just never happy.

This ^

There is a difference in being "unhappy" and being intrigued by changes. If you read the thread you'd have seen that everyone is very happy about being, in your definition, unhappy.

Just saying :)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    The only "complaint" I have right now, if you can even call it that, is not understanding clothes anymore. I was heavy for so long that I got the hang of what was flattering and what wasn't.... now? No idea. I pin a lot of things that I like on Pintrest but I just can't seem to figure out a "style" or what I like anymore.

However, it is absolutely GLORIOUS to just grab something off of a hanger and buy it without trying it on. Glorious.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    The only "complaint" I have right now, if you can even call it that, is not understanding clothes anymore. I was heavy for so long that I got the hang of what was flattering and what wasn't.... now? No idea. I pin a lot of things that I like on Pintrest but I just can't seem to figure out a "style" or what I like anymore.

However, it is absolutely GLORIOUS to just grab something off of a hanger and buy it without trying it on. Glorious.

Have you ever thought about using a personal shopper? Many department stores and women's clothing stores offer them free of charge*. It can be a great help in finding what silhouettes and fabrics flatter your new shape. The PS does all the running back and forth pulling styles and changing sizes. You just keep trying things on. Once they get to know you, they'll have everything pulled and set up in a dressing room before your appointment.

A friend with a good eye and a tactful manner can do almost the same things for you, short of pulling everything before you arrive.

*It's free because people buy more clothes when 99% of what they try on is flattering and can speed up their shopping. Best use of your time and the retailer's.
  • kkayecarlson
    kkayecarlson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached goal, yet. In fact, I'm not even close, so I can't really say for sure what I'll find disappointing. However, I have this fear niggling at the back of my mind about looking like a melting candle for all the loose skin. :frown: I'm hoping it won't be too awful, but I'm sure I'll have that problem to some degree. In any case, I'd much rather have some loose skin than 160lbs of extra weight.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    The fact that my fiance can't see me now, almost at my goal and 65 pounds down. xx
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    still don't look good in the mirror...now I have sagging skin. But with clothes on...so much better! :laugh: