Why didn't anyone tell me?

Options

Replies

• lizardcave
    lizardcave Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My favourite favourite snack is a tortilla, hummus and black beans. Sounds gross, but delish.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You can make your own humous for virtually no calories - I always add a chilli to mine for a bit of kick.
  • yodaforreal
    Options
    I thought u could buy hummis in the grocery stores...is this not true?
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    My favourite favourite snack is a tortilla, hummus and black beans. Sounds gross, but delish.

No, not gross, I do the same! Also tortilla, felafel and humous. YUMMMMMM...

Pretty much every meal I eat at the moment has either humous or avocado on the side. Protein and good fats and all that. :drinker:
  • coonuya1
    coonuya1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes it is good, well...anything with hummus. :-)
  • malicent
    Options
    PARTY UP IN HURRR!!!!!! RAISE THE ROOF!!!!!!
  • altarimage
    altarimage Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    bump for when I have time to start writing
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    is Hummus usually premade or something that u make? I'm not sure we would have it in hicksville Ohio. It's hard enough to find brussell sprouts somedays lol. Then again, we only have a couple of stores. How would u describe what it taste likes? I have seen people eating it b4 on a show I watched (big brother) & always wondered.

It' chickpeas (cooked & mashed to a paste), oil, sesame seed paste, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, salt, sugar,..... well that's what is in mine lol.

Tastes like cream cheese to me

HATE chickpeas...but I love, love, :love: Hummus! I don't think it tastes anything like cream cheese, tho... :noway:
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    looks like i'm going to have to try some of this...
  • Angie1089
    Angie1089 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So... Is there a certain brand and/or flavor anyone can recommend?? I bought some from Costco a while back, forget the brand but it was roasted red pepper flavor, I did not like it at all!... So I'm thinking it was just the flavor... :S
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Options
    It's fantastic! One of my favs, but I make mine at home myself.
    The only thing to be careful of is watch out for ones that are made with tahini. Tahini is delicious and makes hummus even more incredible, but it is SO high in fat and I mean, BAD.
    I may just have to make some tomorrow and post my recipe for you all :)

Tahini is yummy...it is the good kind though.
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Options
    omg i just checked on mfp and it has next to no calories

That surprises me because it has a lot of olive oil in. Though you can buy "light" versions which contain less oil - they are often a bit drier, but they're OK.

Calories are not bad for you, as ling as they are the right ones...
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hummus and Broccoli -- absolute YYUUMM! i lost the first 30 pounds having this nearly daily as my snack. Hummus is my weakness.. I had it so much that i changed to some other snacks for awhile, but it's something I can always come back too..
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    What on earth is Hummus LOL

It's amazing :)
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Want another party? Try hummus with warm Tandoori Naan bread...sooooooo good!!
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    omg i just checked on mfp and it has next to no calories

That surprises me because it has a lot of olive oil in. Though you can buy "light" versions which contain less oil - they are often a bit drier, but they're OK.

Calories are not bad for you, as ling as they are the right ones...

No, I wasn't saying they were - just that I was surprised the database said it contained "next to no calories".
  • STC189
    STC189 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump. Really wanna look this over later. :)
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HUMMUS!!! I put it on my sandwiches, wraps, pita bread, pita chips (MMMM), veggies, EVERYTHING. EAT ALL THE HUMMUS! :love: