Why didn't anyone tell me?

Options
12346»

Replies

• MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I used to think I HATED raw brocolli until the day I dipped it in hummus.

ohmahgah.
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Pesto hummus is really good too. It makes almost anything edible.
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    On a nice bowl of salad, leave the dressing off and plop some hummus on top instead. Incredibly delicious and very satisifying!
  • chocolateluvr80
    chocolateluvr80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah. I can eat a whole container of hummus that way. I try not to. :)
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic Hummus. 2 tbsp is only 60 calories. *drools* I think I have to go shopping tomorrow and get some again.

Trader Joe's hummus is one of the BEST in my opinion....

Now I'm dying for hummus!! haha
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    it sounds horrible but I am willing to try it after reading your post:laugh:
    Ok so why did you all keep it a secret? Carrots & Houmus.... really? I HATE Houmus with a passion, carrots are ok but boring....... together...... O M FREAKING G

Are you kidding me? 4 carrots & 20g of Houmus & I'm only eating 122 cals & my mouth is having a party.

Damnit....next time there is a party like this..... TELL ME.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Real hummus only has garbanzos/chickpeas, garlic, EVOO, and lemon. You can infuse it, but the traditional way is fairly simple. I make my own and now can't even try store bought anymore as it usually tastes gross!!

http://desertcandy.blogspot.com/2007/07/hummus-dilettante.html?m=1
  • h2oprn
    Options
    For those who live in California: Mother's Market has the BEST Garlic Hummus-FYI
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    is Hummus usually premade or something that u make? I'm not sure we would have it in hicksville Ohio. It's hard enough to find brussell sprouts somedays lol. Then again, we only have a couple of stores. How would u describe what it taste likes? I have seen people eating it b4 on a show I watched (big brother) & always wondered.

there are several brands pre-made that you can find at Kroger or Giant Eagle--usually in the dairy department near the cream cheese and the chip dip.

if you check allrecipes.com, you should be able to find a recipe to make it at home. Most of the time the major ingredient is chick peas.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    LOVE hummus, but I have tended to eat oh...half a carton at one setting...and that, coupled with whatever I have on hand to dip with...tended to add up....:sad:
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    is Hummus usually premade or something that u make? I'm not sure we would have it in hicksville Ohio. It's hard enough to find brussell sprouts somedays lol. Then again, we only have a couple of stores. How would u describe what it taste likes? I have seen people eating it b4 on a show I watched (big brother) & always wondered.

either way - and we have it in hicksville, michigan so you probably have it in hicksville, ohio...
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat hummus every other day! I obviously love it, too. My lazy day lunch is glop of hummus with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast on top, with avocados and cucumbers and crackers.

Ever since I started making my own hummus at home, I can't go back to getting store-bought hummus. I must say, mine tastes much better! :)
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    hummus is super easy to make and way cheaper!! you should try that too!:smile: