Which body lotion do you use?

Options
As lathering up after a shower helps your skin get more hydrated, and especially with weight loss makes it smoother and supports firmness, I was wondering if anyone has found 'the best' one of them all? Is bio oil really worth the price? Or soap & glory as the reviews claim?

Replies

• jenneal89
    Options
    I just use regular lotion. Store brand or Vaseline (lotion not petroleum jelly) and my skin is always nice and soft. I've been doing this for years (I think I read it was good for your skin when I was 13 and started doing it)
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't like the oily feeling of bio oil, I use palmers lotion for after pregnancy and weight loss, I love the smell and it rubs in well.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I was recommended by my surgeon to use Bio Oil after I had surgery in April to help the scars heal. I don't know what the scars would be like if I hadn't used it but my skin is nice and smooth so I would say go ahead and try it and see if it works for you.
  • kalilioness
    kalilioness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use Neutrogena oil or any other body oil that you like. I take a shower and then rinse a washcloth in warm water, wring it out and apply the oil to the cloth. I then use the cloth to dry my skin. This locks in the moisture and the oil absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy film. My skin is very soft and smooth. I learned this trick from a friend who used it to heal her skin after an extreme allergic reaction. Hope it helps!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have habit of switching moisturizers every time one runs out haha. Right ow Im using St Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter, its for really dry skin.

I also buy products from The Body Shop, everything smells sooo good. I have a Sweet Pea body butter and before that I used their Cherry Blossom.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I like Dove Pro-Age Nourishment. Exfoliates and moisturises deeply and seems to make everything a bit more "glowy"
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Palmers cocoa butter is the best body lotion since sliced bread, smells great is really thick and creamy and is better than some of the more expensive ones I've used ie clinique etc.

Bio oil and argan oil is pretty good too but i'd only buy if they were on at half price.
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Vaseline :P
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    I use cetaphil, it's a miracle lotion.
  • jen48926
    jen48926 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cetaphil is what my dermatologist told me to use. You'd never think to pick it up because it doesn't jump out at you on the shelf. It's just white containers with blue and green labels. Ever since I started using it, I've never had the dry red patches on my face. It's great without being oily and you can get it at any grocery store. Now they've expanded their line too, and they have a body cream... it's GREAT for the rest of your body. The bottle with the pump I use on my face, the cream I use on the rest of me because it's a little thicker, I'm dry like an alligator! LOL. Cetaphil really helps!
  • FauxAngel13
    FauxAngel13 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I use bio oil and really like it and feel that it is definitely worth the price... I have very fair and fragile skin which marks, burns, scratches etc very easily and bio oil helps to support and look after my skin ( I know I sound like and advertisement but I'm serious) saying that it isn't for everyone, maybe buy the 60ml bottle and see what you think, you can buy the larger bottles from discount pharmacies for a pretty good price :) hope that helps
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    LOccitane or Clarins for me. (Palmers if i'm feeling cheap!)
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm currently hooked on Bath and Body Works' Paris Amour. I'm kind of ticked that the bottle sizes are skewed the wrong way: larger bath gel bottle than body lotion bottle. Why, do you do this, B&BW? I'd like to have both bottles empty at the same time so I can start the next fragrance appropriate for Fall/Winter, but I use twice as much lotion as I do shower gel. How are we supposed to have the bottles empty at the same time? Must be some marketing ploy. :wink:
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I currently use bio oil for certain areas where i have spots and stretch marcks and baby oil for the rest of the body
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i am working my way through Body shop body butters and Sanctuary body butters. I seem to get way to much for birthdays and xmas.... but they seem to make my skin softer. I am using a sparkly coconut body butter from body shop at the moment and it makes me think of holiday time!
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have habit of switching moisturizers every time one runs out haha. Right ow Im using St Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter, its for really dry skin.

I also buy products from The Body Shop, everything smells sooo good. I have a Sweet Pea body butter and before that I used their Cherry Blossom.

This is completely me! Except I don't wait for them to run out. I have to have a different scent all the time and have everything from Olay to Victoria's Secret.. I do love Gold Bond Ultimate Softening and Neutrogena Sesame when I definitely want to be really soft though.
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    35x7i6.jpg

CLASSIC!!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    There are a couple that I use.
    My main one is by the Body Shop, thier Shea Butter. Its super moisturing, really good for your skin and smells delish.
    The other one is by a brand called Mama Mio. They have specific creams for spcific areas/problems. They do a general body moisturiser and its is fantatic. They can be a little on the expensive side but they really works and again smelly yummy. Good if you want to treat yourself. :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I use Lacura from Aldi. It's the ONLY one that I love putting on. Costs me $4 a bottle & it will last ages. Goes on really thick & hard to spread, but once on..... OMG it's heaven