Which body lotion do you use?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    From the Mayo Clinic website:

If you're looking to maintain hydrated skin, there are steps you can take, including:
    Avoid exposure to dry air
    Avoid prolonged contact with hot or chlorinated water
    Use a gentle cleanser instead of soap
    Avoid using skin care products that contain alcohol

Ingredient list for St Ives stuff:

Water (Aqua, Eau), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum, Huile Minerale), Propylene Glycol, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Tetrasodium Edta, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Coumarin, Geraniol, Ascorbic Acid, Sorbitol, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Collagen, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

See the alcohol stuff? That is bad, and you are paying a motza for it.

I now imagine a stampede of women rushing to their bathrooms, scrutinising their expensive potions, discovering they contain alcohol, stamping them underfoot and vowing never again to be fooled by advertising crap. What? I can dream.

1.) It's actually not pricey. At all. About $3 for a very large bottle that lasts months despite daily use.

2.) My skin is very hydrated.

3.) It's one of only a few affordable lotions that does not contain animal glycerin and is not tested on animals. Since I'm a vegetarian ...
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Anything not tested on animals or with animal ingredients in it :smile:
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Queen Helene Cocoa Butter hand and body lotion. It comes in a huge bottle and costs about $3. I've been using it for years. Smells good, works great and is cheap.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Coconut oil and Hemp lotion from wal-mart (don't remember the exact name or brand)
  • M22KY
    M22KY Posts: 60 Member
    Jergens Cherry-Almond on my body, Vaseline Jelly on my feet.
  • leahgoldgirl
    leahgoldgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Extra virgin, cold pressed coconut oil. It's $6 at Trader Joe's and works fantastically. I use it as face lotion too.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    I use baby powder after showering, nothing makes your skin softer than that!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    I have very dry skin and I prefer Jergens or store brand of it. There is a Jergens Naturals that is really good or else I like the Age Defying one. It makes my skin smooth and soft.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    I have about five different ones scattered throughout the house, all non-scented...except my Hemps, which has a light scent, and I love the feel of it!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Bio Oil, is great.... but EXPENSIVE.

I been using coconut oil. That's right. The same ish I fry my eggs with. Have a gallon of it and I apply generously. My skin is supple! Well, except where I have stretchmarks, but it helps soften that, too.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Bump! Thanks for the info.
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    I use Body Series refreshing Body wash and Renew Intensive skin therapy lotion. They are both free of artificial ingredients and unscented.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    I use Argan Oil. It's great for hair, skin, and nails. It makes my skin (and hair) REALLY soft. It also helps heal wounds and reduce scars. The only one I've used is from Nume (online). They almost always have a sale that brings it to around $10. A little goes a long way, so it's well worth the price. Don't pay full price though, I don't think anything's worth that amount. Search online for coupon codes.

For the mods: I do not work for them or represent them in any way. I stand to gain nothing from this post. This is a personal recommendation for a good product. If a million people suddenly bought the Argan Oil, I wouldn't receive so much as a penny because of it. I'd probably get screwed because the price would go up and I'll have to pay more for my next bottle. If MFP sells Argan Oil and might be losing sales because of my recommendation, you need to advertise your argan oil better. I have no knowledge of this hidden MFP store which you claim I'm driving away your business.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    I now started using coconut oil. Miracle stuff, all the "chicken skin" on my arms is gone. THat is after 1 week of using it. I may be in love haha
  • emmam1212
    emmam1212 Posts: 67 Member
    I swear by Nivea. The firming lotion is my favorite but they're all great. I've seen a noticeable difference in the skin on my stomach (my skin has really lost elasticity since carrying a full term twin pregnancy and I have so many stretch marks). Sometimes I mix castor oil in too which that stuff is amazing for so many things.
  • hayleymace90
    hayleymace90 Posts: 37 Member
    I use any bath and body works body lotion, smells really good and leaves skin really moisturise
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    edited December 2016
    I mainly use cold-pressed, unrefined coconut oil (any brand) or Alaffia Shea butter. Also sometimes Aveeno whipped body butter or Zikai sandalwood hand cream. Clinique moisturizing gel or Moisture Surge for face in winter.

My skin reacts strongly to lots of ingredients, primarily the added colorings so I spent several months a few years ago finding skin care that didn't make me a walking zit factory or just dry my skin out more. I also struggle with the paradox of dry skin that doesn't absorb anything. The oils settle in well and are very soothing. The others seem to provide deeper moisture.

I recently discovered Frangipani products when a demo came to our local health food store. Their stuff is very effective on the dry skin that doesn't absorb well.