Which body lotion do you use?

Options

Replies

• MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Okay, the creepy lil raccoon is awesome....

And I don't actually use lotion, just bag balm for my poor feet. But my daughter uses coconut oil and she swears by it.
  • karenh3585
    karenh3585 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Eucerin because its the only body lotion I've found that contains sunscreen. Works great at keeping my skin soft and smooth. It's not at all greasy.

I used to use cetaphil ( still use their facial cleanser which is THE best) but it doesn't have any sun protection.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil.........the solid stuff from about any store. OMG skin feels like a baby's butt. Addicted!:)

Yup! ! !
    This works the best for me too. I have an array of body lotions...................but coconut oil is what keeps my skin glowing. I just take about a teaspoon and slather it all over my body in the shower.
    But there is one caveat. If you are stepping out in the sun with coconut oil on your exposed body part, you will get tanned. It's definitely a no no for me................. I don't know about you guys, but a tan is not a good thing in my part of the country.
    If I am going to be out in the sun , I use a sunscreen lotion and keep myself covered as much as I can
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I read that grill cooks gain weight because of the grease from the grill and fryers. It seeps in the skin adding calories so I watch using any oils or butters etc. I:wink:
    It puts the LOTION on its skinnn!

LOL, what??? Where the heck did you hear some asinine myth like that? No, gaining weight doesn't work like that. Using oils is ridiculously beneficial to the skin. I prefer not to use them because I don't like the feel of it, but coconut oil and cocoa and shea butter are lovely for the skin.

I personally don't have a go to lotion, like others have posted, I just buy whatever. What I had been using was Johnson's Shea and Cocoa Butter, smells so good and feels great on the skin. But now I use this lotion from the vaseline brand, and it is very moisturizing.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    vaseline
  • terridyment
    terridyment Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Coco butter from bath and Body Works or the Body Shop and coconut oil . Coconut oil is great on the hair and excellent for winkles!!!!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    As lathering up after a shower helps your skin get more hydrated, and especially with weight loss makes it smoother and supports firmness, I was wondering if anyone has found 'the best' one of them all? Is bio oil really worth the price? Or soap & glory as the reviews claim?

Loaded question fail.

From the Mayo Clinic website:

If you're looking to maintain hydrated skin, there are steps you can take, including:
    Avoid exposure to dry air
    Avoid prolonged contact with hot or chlorinated water
    Use a gentle cleanser instead of soap
    Avoid using skin care products that contain alcohol
    Moisturize immediately after a bath or shower and regularly throughout the day
    Use a humidifier
    Wear a scarf and gloves when going out in cold weather
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    As lathering up after a shower helps your skin get more hydrated, and especially with weight loss makes it smoother and supports firmness, I was wondering if anyone has found 'the best' one of them all? Is bio oil really worth the price? Or soap & glory as the reviews claim?

Loaded question fail.

If you're looking to maintain hydrated skin, there are steps you can take, including:
    Use a humidifier
    Wear a scarf and gloves when going out in cold weather
    ?

What is the point of your post?

Right in your response from the Mayo Clinic, it says:
    Use a humidifier
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    My point is that it doesn't matter what moisturiser you use. If it mattered, the Mayo Clinic would say "Use Awesomegooligum".

Pointing to this moisturiser or that is just lining the pockets of the cosmetic companies and making you look foolish, Generic sorbolene from the discount warehouse is as effective as the $50 tube from Iluvyourskinetc.
  • rml_16
    Options
    My point is that it doesn't matter what moisturiser you use. If it mattered, the Mayo Clinic would say "Use Awesomegooligum".

Pointing to this moisturiser or that is just lining the pockets of the cosmetic companies and making you look foolish, Generic sorbolene from the discount warehouse is as effective as the $50 tube from Iluvyourskinetc.
    Ah.

Well, it would have been helpful if you'd said THAT instead. :-)

However, I can say from experience that some moisturizers are better than others. The Mayo Clinic isn't going to endorse anything specific in an article like that, regardless. That doesn't mean the most expensive are the best, though.

I had wrist surgery in June and the PT told me to put cocoa butter on the scar to keep it from feeling tight all the time. He specifically recommended that. I found a huge jar at Walmart for $2.

I use St. Ives on my body. Seems to do the trick.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Anecdote presented as data.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Curel- Fragrance free is the best. Not greasy and makes you very soft!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I know where you can get free lotion...

2jKEUOS.gif
  • rml_16
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Anecdote presented as data.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    The St Ives people thank you for your smiley flower thing.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Olive oil. It works wonderfully!
  • emergencytennis
    Options

Ingredient list for St Ives stuff:

Water (Aqua, Eau), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum, Huile Minerale), Propylene Glycol, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Tetrasodium Edta, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Coumarin, Geraniol, Ascorbic Acid, Sorbitol, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Collagen, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

See the alcohol stuff? That is bad, and you are paying a motza for it.

I now imagine a stampede of women rushing to their bathrooms, scrutinising their expensive potions, discovering they contain alcohol, stamping them underfoot and vowing never again to be fooled by advertising crap. What? I can dream.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Ooh yuk, the paraben things are antifungal agents and the stearate things are powdery fillers used to bulk up icecream, i.e., fill up the tube so you can charge more. I am getting a bit sick looking these things up.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Curel fragrance free alcohol content fail

Ingredients

Water, glycerin, distearyldimonium chloride, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, cetyl-pg hydroxyethyl palmitamide, eucalyptus globulus leaf extract, dimethicone, acacia senegal gum, sodium chloride, gelatin, butylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Curel fragrance free alcohol content fail

Ingredients

Water, glycerin, distearyldimonium chloride, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, cetyl-pg hydroxyethyl palmitamide, eucalyptus globulus leaf extract, dimethicone, acacia senegal gum, sodium chloride, gelatin, butylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben.

Ahaha, I didn't even register the sodium chloride, would that be added as a preservative?

Rub some salty stuff on your skin to hydrate it!