if YOU need MOTIVATION READ THIS!

Options
"HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your *kitten*, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."
:flowerforyou:

(btw, I didnt write this, I found it and just thought I'd share it with you all)

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I could eat 714 cheetos no problem. lol
  • EgglessKeto
    Options
    Thanks!
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    I could eat 714 cheetos no problem. lol

Yep.

Thanks for the post, though.. I definitely have to learn to forgive myself.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I should save this so that I can read these after the bad days. :smile:
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    Thank you!!! I needed this
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I needed this too!!!
  • SydneyBristowe
    Options
    i like it :)
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • LetsGoBlues
    Options
    Brilliant :drinker:
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    AWWW! This made my day! Everyone once and awhile I slip into old habits; and when I catch myself - I feel guilty afterwards. Instead, I need to just drink plenty of water, go for a walk, and go on with life.

Thanks for the reminder.

Who ever wrote this sure knows what they were talking about. For sure :)

:wink: Good Job.
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Loved this post, Amy. It made a lot of sense. But sometimes I don't lose or maintain weight (or even gain) when I'm on a diet and doing what I"m supposed to!!! What's up with that? When I was married, my husband just cut back a little and he lost weight regularly and consistently no matter what. Me? I have to stick to my calories no matter what. And sometimes I just get stuck on a weight even though I"m doing everything I'm supposed to. So I think that 3,500 calorie thing is not that accurate. Maybe my body is adjusting to a lower metabolism because of the weight loss and won't let go of the fat and pounds. Maybe I ate too much salt one day. Or my exercise wasn't strenuous enough. So the 3,500 rule doesn't always hold true. I have also found that even if I eat 5,500 calories, by rights I should only show about 1.5 pounds of weight gain, but I'll go up 3 or 4 pounds! What's up with that?
  • BrieGoorts
    BrieGoorts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Needed this so badly!
  • amyy010
    amyy010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    FEEL FREE TO COPY THIS AND SAVE IT ONTO YOUR COMPUTERS! &+ ADD ME AS A FRIEND TOO!

(Thats what i have done anyway ;D)

• zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I am now motivated.... to eat a pizza!
  • changnme
    Options
    OMG Thanks this really helped me
  • marlad33
    Options
    Greata post - thanks for sharing. We beat ourselves up and then we make bad food decisions for days on end and wonder what the heck happened. Simple way to keep in perspective!!
  • amyy010
    amyy010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    GLAD YOURE ALL LIKING, all I did was copy and paste this from another website, so i dont know if its totally accurate, everyones bodies are different i guess

• nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What an awesome post - i love it!
  • way2shy
    way2shy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! It really brings the message home. I am harder on myself than any one else could ever be.
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Interesting, thanks for sharing!!