if YOU need MOTIVATION READ THIS!

Options

Replies

• JBarne14
    Options
    Great post!!! I've really done well with eating my calorie limit (certainly no massive overeating), exercising 5 times a week for 6 weeks and finally, this morning, I showed a loss on the scale. My cloths are all feeling better, but the scale just isn't showing it. I think the numbers are just that.... numbers. If you're feeling good, having more energy and noticing a difference in the way you feel and carry yourself, you're on the right track!
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is great!! Thanks for reminding me that jsut because I cheat more than I should it doesn't mean I should give up!!!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I could eat 714 cheetos no problem. lol
    That was my first thought, too
  • solson61
    solson61 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • nowakkk
    nowakkk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    AMEN
  • kaseymei
    Options
    love it.
  • Rdahl2
    Options
    Love It!!!! :wink:
  • joramaker
    joramaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    While an extra 3500 calories is a hard thing to do in one day...(that IS a lot of food), it's easy to eat those extra 3,500 over the course of a few days or a week.

Very True!
  • joramaker
    joramaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Very true
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks and bump!
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love it because it is so damn true! Thank you for posting it :) I definitely have had to wrap my head around this over the past few months and once I did, it just made life so much better.
  • iancranerocks
    iancranerocks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    3500 is accurate - it's the number calories in a pound of fat. It's the 2000 part that varies - the amount you burn at rest. Bigger people burn more. Active people burn more. People with large muscles burn more. But there's no doubt that you burn more than zero, and you have to throw an additional 3500 on top of that to gain a pound (of fat). As you pointed out, you can also gain water (salt), and of course if you're exercising you'll gain muscle, which weighs more than fat. For that last part, the way your clothes get loose will show that you're losing fat and gaining muscle (and either staying the same or gaining weight).
  • Crucker73
    Crucker73 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great post! We do have a tendency to beat ourselves up for making a bad choice.
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    heheheh where was this last week when I needed it! thank you!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed this after eating pumpkin chocolate chip cake yesterday!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this :):):)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

Yep.

Thanks for the post, though.. I definitely have to learn to forgive myself.

... quickly trying to determine how many cheetos are actually in that monster bag... lmao

I was seriously thinking the same......lol....so glad I am not the only one. Regardless, great read!
  • xElineeee
    xElineeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I needed!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks - great post!

My body doesn't work that way - I can easily gain weight just from one or 2 night of eating Pizza Hut pizza and Chinese take-out. BUT, I'm learning not to beat myself up and give up and let that my eating spiral out of control. I'm getting into the habit of giving myself a break and then get back on the wagon NOW - not the 1st of the January, not the1st of next month, not Monday morning, not tomorrow morning, NOW!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    A piece of the pizza I like from Dominos is 430 for a medium SLICE. 2 slices, and I'm more than half way to my goal. My body doesn't used 2000 calories. 2000 calories would make me gain.