if YOU need MOTIVATION READ THIS!

Options

Replies

• LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    LOVE. Thanks! Perspective is everything for the perfectionist!!!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Those chicken and steak fahita nachos with extra sour cream don't seem so bad now. Thank you for posting that. I think we all sometimes take this weight loss thing way way too serious and that is why we hate the process so much. It took years for some of us to gain our weight and some of us have carried extra pounds all of our lives - the point is....we didn't gain it overnight and we are not going to lose it overnight so maybe we should all relax a little and yes, be more forgiving when we are naughty and have that delicision delicision whatever!!!
  • FoxxC
    FoxxC Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the knowledge. That was super informative. :flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Good to remember. I was freaking out last night because I went over by a few hundred due to a delicious salad from applebees that has way too many calories for a salad. But it's been 10 days straight of being good and scale isn't moving :(
  • SirKelsalot
    Options
    Favouriting this. I'm pretty much the same as a lot of people on here; I get so guilty if I go maybe 200 calories over my goal. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself for the odd snack here or there :)

I actually read this and headed into the kitchen to get myself the packet of salt and vinegar crisps that I'd turned down earlier... Only to find someone had gotten to them already :P
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This is great thank you!
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    This is totally sweet, but my body doesn't work this way. I went on vacation for a week, did well on several days, bad on others and gained EIGHT POUNDS.

That was at the beginning of August, and I'm still 2lbs up from that. Yeah. That's how my body works.
  • huggykpuma
    huggykpuma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    this is great, thank you,
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I could eat 714 cheetos no problem. lol

Yep.

Thanks for the post, though.. I definitely have to learn to forgive myself.

... quickly trying to determine how many cheetos are actually in that monster bag... lmao
  • laneybunny
    Options
    thanks!!! sometimes I really need this kind of help :D
    sometimes we forget that we are humans afterall
  • mcarrillo5167
    mcarrillo5167 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Too funny, I felt like this yesterday...so today, I promise to do Zumba. 963 CALORIES OFF, HERE I COME!
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    wow thanks - I was feeling majorly guilty!
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    I could eat 714 cheetos no problem. lol

I could also... that is one of my weaknesses........
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Loved this post, Amy. It made a lot of sense. But sometimes I don't lose or maintain weight (or even gain) when I'm on a diet and doing what I"m supposed to!!! What's up with that? When I was married, my husband just cut back a little and he lost weight regularly and consistently no matter what. Me? I have to stick to my calories no matter what. And sometimes I just get stuck on a weight even though I"m doing everything I'm supposed to. So I think that 3,500 calorie thing is not that accurate. Maybe my body is adjusting to a lower metabolism because of the weight loss and won't let go of the fat and pounds. Maybe I ate too much salt one day. Or my exercise wasn't strenuous enough. So the 3,500 rule doesn't always hold true. I have also found that even if I eat 5,500 calories, by rights I should only show about 1.5 pounds of weight gain, but I'll go up 3 or 4 pounds! What's up with that?

The 3,500 cals = a pound is pretty accurate/scientific fact. It would be the 2,000 calories burned by your body to function that is not the same for everyone. Everyone burns calories at a different rate based on a number of factors - BMI, height, weight, etc.

I agree with the premise of the article completely, though. We all have bad days...but they don't have to break us unless we let them!
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Goldee1277
    Goldee1277 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This post was so great!! I've been feeling guilty and not logging in for over a week. I think this is just what I needed to get back on the ball!! Thanks!!
  • LexRaven
    LexRaven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is what I needed to read today. Thank you for sharing.
  • LoriA6724
    LoriA6724 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I REALLY needed this today!!
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Thanks! a real eye opener.
  • 1mrslacey
    Options
    I love this !! thank you for sharing :happy: