iPhone 5?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Anyone getting one? I am desperate need of a new phone but don't know if I should trust the new iPhone 5.

Any opinions would be great!

Replies

• ReesesPuffs
    Options
    personally i'd get the Samsung S3. Go to your local phone dealer and try out the display models, see which one you you like/can afford
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My wife is getting one. I know, helpful.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I am getting the Samsung S3 :laugh: :angry:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that Apple is one helluva marketing company and folks are going to line up and fork over mega cash for the same phone they had last year.

Get an android and use it for three years like the rest of us not-rich people.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that Apple is one helluva marketing company and folks are going to line up and fork over mega cash for the same phone they had last year.

Hah, pretty much sums up my thoughts. I don't really understand how it's any different to the last one.
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I got an email tonight saying mine had shipped so I'm hoping it's gonna turn up on Friday. Will connect to to the Wahoo Blue HRM I've ordered. I'll let you know how it goes! 8-)
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

To add to this - if you have an iPhone 4S ALL the software peeps are saying just do the upgrade on your phone and voila you have an iPhone 5!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/rdIWKytq_q4

This is a clear example of my opinion: All the iPhone 5 is, is marketing hype. Just like all the iPhones before it.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I want one.

Edit: BUT I have never owned an iPhone, and I'm eligible for an upgrade through AT&T, so I'm getting a discount.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I personally like to step outside the box.. I don't like to follow the masses. There are a ton of good phones out there. I am not entirely impressed with the iphone... Snooorr
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options

demotivational-posters-one-of-us.jpg
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I think the screen is supposed to be bigger but that's about it. I do like my iphone 4s - and those are going to be on the cheap now that the 5 has come out. If you want an iphone - I'd go later model.

However, my husband prefers his droid (HTC Inspire) - but my htc kept eating my pictures (like socks in a dryer) so that turned me off and I went back to apple. A lot of sites let you compare the features between different phone brands. I would def start there to get a feel for what you want in a phone then go from there.
  • camelothosting
    camelothosting Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    there are infact hardware and software differences in the I5
    if you are not locked into apple then go for the galaxy3
    I am kinda tied into apple because im grandfathered into the original unlimited data
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i ordered mine last week and cant wait to pick it up on friday!!!!!! It is going to blow the Samsung S3 and all the others out of the water! Lighter, Better Screen, Bigger screen, Better Battery, Better Camera, Better Ear Phones, whats not to like other than the new cord?
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you need to save money and get a phone that has 99% of the features: Samsung Galaxy S2, with the S3 being out I'm pretty sure they are free or like $50. I have one and it's the best phone I've ever had.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

To add to this - if you have an iPhone 4S ALL the software peeps are saying just do the upgrade on your phone and voila you have an iPhone 5!

This is usually what happens, but it hasn't happened yet. I am sure that it will. If you already have an apple product I would just stick with one of the 4s. The prices on those 4s are probably crazy good right now. I never get any of the first generation iPhone. Let the second version come out and I'll get it once all the bugs are worked out.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Mine is on order!! I can't wait!! I have been eligible for an ugrade for over a year now but have waited knowing that it would eventually come out.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ours our ordered and coming Friday. My hubby is a Apple junkie thou.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    S3. I hate Apple after they changes their plug in. I immediately went back to my Android after hearing that. Ridiculous.
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    there are infact hardware and software differences in the I5
    if you are not locked into apple then go for the galaxy3
    I am kinda tied into apple because im grandfathered into the original unlimited data

AT&T or Verizon?

I have AT&T and I was able to switch to a Galaxy S2 and keep my unlimited.