iPhone 5?

Options

Replies

• heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    For all of you saying there are no changes on the new phone, nearly every feature on the iPhone 5 was upgraded:
    -Longer screen
    -Thinner phone
    -4G LTE (faster internet connection)
    -Processor runs twice as fast
    -Screen has better color reproduction
    -Front-facing camera captures high-def video now (720p)
    -Battery adds two more hours of web browsing
    -The camera is among the best ever put into a phone. Its lowlight shots blow away the same efforts from an iPhone 4S. Its shot-to-shot times have been improved by 40 percent. And you can take stills even while recording video (1080p hi-def, of course).
    -There’s a new panorama mode for the camera, too, that comes in handy more often than you might expect. As you swing the phone around you, it stitches many shots together into a seamless, ultra-wide-angle, 28-megapixel photo. Unlike other apps and phones with panorama modes, this one is fully automated and offers a preview of the panorama that materializes as you’re taking it

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iphone-5-scores-well-quibble-103009067.html

I have a droid right now (which I hate), but on Friday my new iPhone 5 will be delivered and I'm super excited. I was eligible for an upgrade, so I held off until the release.
  • camelothosting
    camelothosting Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ATT I Have the $30 true unlimited data, lol I moved close to 500 GB last month
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    For all of you saying there are no changes on the new phone, nearly every feature on the iPhone 5 was upgraded:
    -Longer screen
    -Thinner phone
    -The camera is among the best ever put into a phone. Its lowlight shots blow away the same efforts from an iPhone 4S. Its shot-to-shot times have been improved by 40 percent. And you can take stills even while recording video (1080p hi-def, of course).
    -There’s a new panorama mode for the camera, too, that comes in handy more often than you might expect. As you swing the phone around you, it stitches many shots together into a seamless, ultra-wide-angle, 28-megapixel photo. Unlike other apps and phones with panorama modes, this one is fully automated and offers a preview of the panorama that materializes as you’re taking it

I have a droid right now (which I hate), but on Friday my new iPhone 5 will be delivered and I'm super excited. I was eligible for an upgrade, so I held off until the release.

Not really an upgrade when other phones have this already :laugh: . As a matter of fact, my 3 year old LG EnV Touch had panorama mode.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Mine is on order and I can't f*cking wait. Had my 3Gs forever!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    -Longer screen
    -Thinner phone

everything and less than the GS3 has .... freaking revolutionary hahahahah
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "trust" the iPhone 5?

I'm not exactly sure how to answer your question, considering you've provided no information about whether or not you're currently an iPhone user.

Nope not a current iPhone user just worried I'll get it and then completely hate it.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    -Longer screen
    -Thinner phone

Not really an upgrade when other phones have this already :laugh: . As a matter of fact, my 3 year old LG EnV Touch had panorama mode.
    everything and less than the GS3 has .... freaking revolutionary hahahahah

Last two responses. Exactly. LOL.
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I had the iPhone 4 and switched to the Samsung S3... cheaper monthly bill and in my personal opinion better phone :) #droidnation
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Anyone getting one? I am desperate need of a new phone but don't know if I should trust the new iPhone 5.

Any opinions would be great!

ewww no!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I would get the iPhone 4S and get the upgrades manually. I have the iPhone 4 and I'm doing it right now. Still no Siri but big deal. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2409876,00.asp
  • newpurple2013
    Options
    Go for it. My son wants one and he is good at picking out the best techs and elects! lol
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that Apple is one helluva marketing company and folks are going to line up and fork over mega cash for the same phone they had last year.

Get an android and use it for three years like the rest of us not-rich people.
    Hah, pretty much sums up my thoughts. I don't really understand how it's any different to the last one.

It's just longer and skinner and has a few added extra features then the Iphone 4/4S
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    iPhone 5. You won't be disappointed. It just works!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Go for it. My son wants one and he is good at picking out the best techs and elects! lol
    No, no he is not :p

Apple products are designed for people who just want things to do a job with minimum setup. Droid is similar to Windows in that it takes longer to get things set up, but you can set them up exactly as you want.

Apple products are also way overpriced for the tech and buying into Apple ties you into crappleware like iTunes.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    This is my next phone.

jitterbug.jpg
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple androids and had 3 iphones too. I prefer the iphones over the androids. I've had issues with every andoid I've had. the only time I had issues with my iphones is when i jailbroke them and tried to do things with them.

The iphone 5 has some features that the 4s does not have even with the ios6 upgrade. It's bigger screen, it can use LTE (4g). It has more ram and a faster processor.

You can find andoids for cheaper but like I said I have had issues with every android I've owned. It just really depends on preference. I now have a huge itunes library so switching over now would be costly so I'm sort of locked in. there are benefits and issues with each option. Go check them out. For me I'm gonna probably upgrade to the 5 when I'm able to later this year. I have the 4 so I'm not able to utilize the new maps or the panaramic photos that you can with ios6 and the 4s or 5.

Just my 2 cents.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am totally in for getting one. The screen is bigger and it is thinner, plus you get 4g speed instead of the 3g. This may sound funny, but the iPhone I've got now is a "Dinosaur", I've got the 3Gs, and once my contract is up in November, I'm getting my I5, baby!!! I LOVE my iPhone!!! :heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love:
  • jsheehan46
    jsheehan46 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been watching the Windows 8 phone with curiosity - I'm gonna give that a try, seems a little bit more "smart" than my past android or iphone. My friend had one and when i played with it I was surprised....don't know what it was but it was not just a mass of a bunch of apps....
    His was a windows phone 7 - so I'm gonna wait til next month
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I haven't had an android based phone in several years so my review may be outdated. The main difference between the two for me lies in the phone store. The last I looked, the iPhone had better choices for apps, cleaner, clearer, and prettier. It depends on what you use your phone for. I think the iPhone has better choices for games, for example. If you are mostly an email and browser type, this is not a necessary consideration. The only thing that held me back for years, even while knowing this, was the iPhone doesn't have a physical keyboard. Now that I've converted, I won't say I don't miss that feature but the store and the simple layout are worth it.